• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide]S-OFF and ROOT HTC Desire with Revolutionary - Windows (published 4th November 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you i have managed to use command but i have an error it says:
failed<remote: signature verify fail>
i think it is because i can't get s-off it is still s-on and the revolutionary says: waiting for device

help please

thank you i have managed to use command but i have an error it says:
failed<remote: signature verify fail>
i think it is because i can't get s-off it is still s-on and the revolutionary says: waiting for device

help please

that happened because you were booted to bootloader and not fastboot (they look similar but are different)

Hello,

First of all, I want to say that I am new in this forum, so I apologize in advance....

Anyway, yesterday a guy in my office rooted my htc desire with s-off but at the end of the procedure everything was not working properly (all the application were forced close) so I went into the menu and I selected factory data reset and now the telephone doesn't work at all. It always stay on :" why so serious screen".

Can someone please tell me how to re root my telephone and fix my problems?

Thank you in advance.

Matt, i was able to S-Off my Htc Desire 2.3.3 GB but I cant get the recovery ( Amon-RA 2.0.1 )to work. I downloaded it and tried the CMD command you supplied but I cannot make it work. PLS help! And anyway thanks though.

Use android flasher instead, it's very easy.

and what happens if he cannot access recovery at a later date due to changing hboot and needs to wipe cache?

while android flasher is good its still important to understand how fastboot works
i always refer people to the fastboot and adb faq as they need to learn that stuff anyway

Matt, i was able to S-Off my Htc Desire 2.3.3 GB but I cant get the recovery ( Amon-RA 2.0.1 )to work. I downloaded it and tried the CMD command you supplied but I cannot make it work. PLS help! And anyway thanks though.

Can you elaborate?

What error message do you get?

Are your drivers installed (as per the fastboot guide)?

Where is your Amonra file stored and what command are you typing?

Hello,

First of all, I want to say that I am new in this forum, so I apologize in advance....

Anyway, yesterday a guy in my office rooted my htc desire with s-off but at the end of the procedure everything was not working properly (all the application were forced close) so I went into the menu and I selected factory data reset and now the telephone doesn't work at all. It always stay on :" why so serious screen".

Can someone please tell me how to re root my telephone and fix my problems?

Thank you in advance.

If I were you Id flash a different rom. Or if you want to start again, flash a RUU of 2.3 then start again by following this guide

Im looking at finally rooting my 2.3 Desire. Do I have to change the setinstalllocation from 2 back to 0?

hello, before i start i have to say that i am completely new to all this android stuff, and i very much appreciate the guide written by Mattb81. i followed the guide and completed s-off successfully, however i have some problem with adding custom recovery (i think). reason i say i think is that after trying the custom recovery procedure in the guide, i tried to root my phone (which is an htc wildfire btw), and i followed step 7 to boot into hboot (volume down + power), and then into recovery (scroll down via volume button then power), but nothing happens, the phone just reboots into normal working condition. i am not sure where i went wrong, as i said, i am completely new to this stuff :p any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: completely forgot this is a guide for DESIRE, lol, told you i'm new at this thing :p so i guess i should find a recovery image for WILDFIRE instead, and it should work?

I would guess so - I assume that if you are S-Off you can fastboot flash a recovery on a wildfire in a similar way to a Desire. But I would strongly recommend visiting a Wildfire forum and checking with people who know that phone.

Should do. If recovery is broken it will boot android instead, exactly like what you get. Recovery is device specific so effectively its broken

Fantastic guide, I read the documentation on the FAQ's for a good hour or two... that's not to say I quite understand it all yet... but thanks to all the stuff, I managed to flash it... quite an easy process with this brilliant guide... so many thanks to you! :)

Now to get a nice ROM :D

Hi Matt I'm currently running through your guide and have got a question. I'm at point 3) Read the [FAQ] ADB and FASTBOOT for Windows. I have set up ADB but I am not really sure what I am to do with fastboot.

I have downloaded Android flasher as you have suggested but what I'm I to do with it? I guess I need to tick all the boxes and then select the .img file I have downloaded in part 2e. Making sure my htc desire is in fastboot (Power+down)? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance
http://androidforums.com/desire-all...fastboot-windows-updated-1st-june-2011-a.html

I have never used android flasher.

Fastboot will allow you to flash your recovery file and root file once you are s-off through a few commands.

Just follow each step in the guide.

ADDING CUSTOM RECOVERY

6) it's time to install your recovery file.

a) Boot into fastboot mode (from off, volume-up and power or volume-down and power then cycle to fastboot option)
b) Connect phone to PC through USB. You should see "FASTBOOT USB" on your phones screen.
c) Open CMD (Start > Run > type "cmd" and press enter)
d) Type "fastboot flash recovery c:\your recovery file name" where c:\your recovery file name is the exact location and name of the recovery file you downloaded.

Can you explain me a bit more detailed about how i write my recovery and it's location into cmd please.. cause i'm pretty noob at working on cmd :)

ADDING CUSTOM RECOVERY

6) it's time to install your recovery file.

a) Boot into fastboot mode (from off, volume-up and power or volume-down and power then cycle to fastboot option)
b) Connect phone to PC through USB. You should see "FASTBOOT USB" on your phones screen.
c) Open CMD (Start > Run > type "cmd" and press enter)
d) Type "fastboot flash recovery c:\your recovery file name" where c:\your recovery file name is the exact location and name of the recovery file you downloaded.

Can you explain me a bit more detailed about how i write my recovery and it's location into cmd please.. cause i'm pretty noob at working on cmd :)

Please answer my questions in your other thread first. We need to know what your current recovery issues are. If you're a noob, we don't want to send you down a wild goose chase if you dont need.

If my recovery file is called amonra_213.img and is saved on my c drive. I would type in:

fastboot flash recovery c:\amonra_213.img

It is all covered with examples in Suroot's fastboot guide that's linked in the prep work.

When i try to get PVT Version in terminal it comes up with "Cat/proc/mtd: not found" what do i do????

1) PVT version is on the Hboot screen, the command above is for erase size only. Only PVT4 versions need to be checked for erase size. All other PVT versions are known as 20,000. Some PVT4 versions are 20,000, others 40,000, hence the command.

2) There is a space between "cat" and "/proc/mtd"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom