• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

^^how many X users are about to move on to newer devices^^

trophynuts

Extreme Android User
I know Steven , VS, and Bo are more than likely about to jump to the G-Nex when it is available.

I'm either going with one of four devices. Right now my front runner is actually the Rezound(Vigor)

Just thought i would test the waters and see who all is about to move on.

The DX has had a great run and i have to say the help that i have received in this forum have been extremely helpful and i would like to thank all of those who contributed to that.

Well, in about a year and a half I'll be jumping onto a newer device. Not planning on it until that day comes unless I smash my X into pieces lol.

A lot of us senior member/guides/and Steven all got the X at launch or shortly after. I am now eligible for an early upgrade with a discount. So a lot of us will be moving on. I'll still cruise in these forums of course. Just as i cruise through other device sub forums now even regardless of having that device or not.

I'm leaning toward the razr although the nexus screen size is very tempting, I'm just concerned about the GPS.

A lot of us senior member/guides/and Steven all got the X at launch or shortly after. I am now eligible for an early upgrade with a discount. So a lot of us will be moving on. I'll still cruise in these forums of course. Just as i cruise through other device sub forums now even regardless of having that device or not.

I'd be one of those guys. Funny, in the past when I was eligible, I got LOT'S of offers via email and snail mail. Haven't seen a thing.

Hmmm... yup, there they are. Oh yeah I could use Mom's upgrade too. :D

I'm moving on the SGN. Got an upgrade just screaming at me. Not that I have any complaints about the X, I just don't want to wait for updates. I don't think the dev support will be as good as for the RAZR or the other devices. I would love to see dev support like the OG Droid had.

I'm not a Samsung fan and really love my X, but if I was in the market (and I'm not), I'd be looking hard at the SGN myself. :D

I really want to move on. I am bored with my X. And adding to my boredom, I had to go back to a unrooted Blur because of a new job (the IT policy specifically states no jailbroken or rooted devices are allowed to connect to the network). Being I haven't started my first day yet, I am not going to challenge the policy. All of the 'big 3' upcoming devices look fine, but I am not sure if I want to pay full retail price. I already did that once with the Xoom. Not sure if I want to invest that much into a phone.

personally the only complaint i have about my X is the Camera. However i never regret getting it and its been a great device and i've learned a lot on it.

I got my Droid X on launch day and it's been absolutely the best phone I've ever had. I was notified by Verizon that I was able to upgrade to a new phone at the discounted price about the time the Bionic was released, but I would have to sign a new 2 year contract. However, if I wait until my 20 month upgrade I would qualify for an additional "Loyalty" discount. They didn't say what that was but I'm assuming it's what replaced the NE2 and it's probably about $50. My 20th month is in March of 2012. Since I'm happy with my "X" I won't be upgrading 'til next March at the earliest. Also, $50 is fifty bucks! I'm hoping the 2nd generation LTE radios will be in 4G phones by then too.

I'm hoping some sweet phones will be coming up for release during the first half of next year.

I got my Droid X on launch day and it's been absolutely the best phone I've ever had. I was notified by Verizon that I was able to upgrade to a new phone at the discounted price about the time the Bionic was released, but I would have to sign a new 2 year contract. However, if I wait until my 20 month upgrade I would qualify for an additional "Loyalty" discount. They didn't say what that was but I'm assuming it's what replaced the NE2 and it's probably about $50. My 20th month is in March of 2012. Since I'm happy with my "X" I won't be upgrading 'til next March at the earliest. Also, $50 is fifty bucks! I'm hoping the 2nd generation LTE radios will be in 4G phones by then too.

I'm hoping some sweet phones will be coming up for release during the first half of next year.

yeah i've gotten numerous upgrade emails lately as well. And i have the same March 2012 date as my 20 month deal.

Yeah hopefully the newer LTE radios will be better on battery. I however don't feel like waiting that long :) lol

Well I still love my X but I did add on a line to to get the Thunderbolt my primary line is ready for a upgrade and the line I now have my X on won't be until next year. I'm still on the fence on what to get though.

I'm waiting to see reviews before I jump. Right now, I'm leaning towards the SGN. I also want to see what might be coming out in the future. If there's a quad-core coming out before March, I'll probably wait.

I got my X 2 weeks before release and I've been eligible for an upgrade since mid-summer. I've been holding out for something worthy of replacing my Droid X, I'll definitely be looking at the SGN once it comes out.

Got my X a week after launch and it has been a good phone. When it works its pretty fast but when some apps start tappin into the processor and ram I get alot of lag. Once I find the rouge app all is good.

I might be one of the few that actually like the new blur so rooting is the only thing I do dont run too many custom roms. I just think the way Android OS is built with the skins we need dual core and at least 1 gig for it to run smoothly. IOS runs smooth because its made for 2 specific hardware and it hasnt change since the Iphone was introduce just added features. Android runs on hundred to thousands of different phones and tablets. Apple really doesnt need dual core to run IOS they just added the features to please the consumer.

Droid Razr is the phone Ill be getting. Seems like a X on steroids with some body armor!

IOS runs smooth because its made for 2 specific hardware and it hasnt change since the Iphone was introduce just added features. Android runs on hundred to thousands of different phones and tablets. Apple really doesnt need dual core to run IOS they just added the features to please the consumer.

Droid Razr is the phone Ill be getting. Seems like a X on steroids with some body armor!

One of the main reasons IOS has always ran smooth is because of Hardware Acceleration. This is the reason it is buttery smooth and responds so well.

With ICS Google is finally going to hardware acceleration. Until ICS we have not had that. read this article for more on it.

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Will Bring Smoother UI Experience – GPU Accleration Turned On By Default

Between the nexus and razr for me.
Leaning towards nexus since it won't have motoblur on it, and because I want to give a big f u to vzw with a phone that doesn't have their bloat on it.

I am eligible in March, but wife gets one every year due to our shared account. Likely going to steal hers and leaning towards the GN. The DX is great, but I am sick of being limited by the locked boot loader. The Razr, unless the unlock method can be done for US versions, is off the table.

Samsung makes nice hardware but crap for support/updates so the GN is an excellent possibility with Google doing the updates.

Between the nexus and razr for me.
Leaning towards nexus since it won't have motoblur on it, and because I want to give a big f u to vzw with a phone that doesn't have their bloat on it.

Same here. I have been a loyal Motorola user for some time but if they do not convince VZW to unlock the bootloader, I don't know if I can stay with them. The RAZR looks like an amazing phone, Moto always has the best hardware. Samsung has been known to be very stingy with their updates. And since this is a Google Experience phone, the updates should flow a little more freely. It is going to be a very tough decision to make.

I'm likely going to make the jump to the RAZR. My previous experience with Samsung phones has permanently soured me towards Samsung smartphones. The locked bootloader on the RAZR doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'd rather have ICS on the phone than a custom ROM. And if I want the bloat to disappear I'll simply need to root and freeze.

I'd avoid anything Samsung. It is absolutely miserable being a generation behind on everything Android OS. The Fascinate owners took until late Spring this year just to get 2.2, by then we already had GB.

Samsung has horrible user support, they just don't care about keeping their phone up to date, simply putting them on the market.

Now I'm actually leaning towards waiting. I like the new accessories and capabilities of the RAZR, but I want the big 720p screen from the GN. So, I'm hoping for a Moto device with a big screen, ICS, no buttons, and maybe a quad-core.

I'd avoid anything Samsung. It is absolutely miserable being a generation behind on everything Android OS. The Fascinate owners took until late Spring this year just to get 2.2, by then we already had GB.

Samsung has horrible user support, they just don't care about keeping their phone up to date, simply putting them on the market.

I'm sure you are aware of this, but I will say it anyway:

The Samsung GNex will be updated by Google, so you will not be behind on OS updates ;)

Back
Top Bottom