• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to change the boot animation

tomq

you need adb and root

choose and download the bootanimation from here Boot Animations NEW!! - Android @ MoDaCo

then place the bootanimation.zip into c:/where.ever.you.have.it/androidsdk/tools/
change or remove where.ever.you.have.it to the match your system

then hit windows key and r together. type cmd and hit enter

then type cd c:/where.ever.you.have.it/androidsdk/tools/
adb devices (wait for it to find your phone, also make sure that usb debugging is on)
now type
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

when its finished reboot and enjoy

you need adb and root

choose and download the bootanimation from here Boot Animations NEW!! - Android @ MoDaCo

then place the bootanimation.zip into c:/where.ever.you.have.it/androidsdk/tools/
change or remove where.ever.you.have.it to the match your system

then hit windows key and r together. type cmd and hit enter

then type cd c:/where.ever.you.have.it/androidsdk/tools/
adb devices (wait for it to find your phone, also make sure that usb debugging is on)
now type
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

when its finished reboot and enjoy

Lol, you like my work at Modaco then :P,

I will in a few days port all my images and bootanimation over here so you guys an have direct access, i will also continue updating the new thread as i make new animations.

hi there, I tried this with a rooted htc desire with no luck i amrunning froyo 2.2 any idea if the bootanimation is in the same location ?

-Dan

It all seemed to work until i rebooted my phone, it still has the same boot animation. Any idea how this is possible? (HTC Desire, froyo 2.2 rooted)

you need s-off

theres a thread on this on xda-devs

No, you need s-off to change the splash screen(the first thing you see when you click the power button). The Boot animation is the animation right before the phone finishes booting.

Lol, you like my work at Modaco then :P,

I will in a few days port all my images and bootanimation over here so you guys an have direct access, i will also continue updating the new thread as i make new animations.

Nice work.

you can also use root explorer
1. Download "Root Explorer" from the android market.
2. Copy the bootanimation.zip to the root of your sdcard,
3. Using root explorer copy the bootanimation.zip to /data/local

I have just tried this, but it didnt work..... Mind you i did copy the .zip file, do i have to unzip it then copy it to data/local?

No, you need s-off to change the splash screen(the first thing you see when you click the power button). The Boot animation is the animation right before the phone finishes booting.

its a protected area that needs RW. when i tried it, it didnt work.
only work around is to modify the rom before flashing in 7z. ive not tried this workaround as tbh its just a boot anim but people are complaining about not being able to do it on xda-devs with various roms

Does anyone know where the boot animation is in SuperVillain ROM? i have tried in data/local and in system/media but cannot find it anywhere......

its a protected area that needs RW. when i tried it, it didnt work.
only work around is to modify the rom before flashing in 7z. ive not tried this workaround as tbh its just a boot anim but people are complaining about not being able to do it on xda-devs with various roms

Worked for me using "android mate". I don't have S-OFF either.

I know this is probably going off the subject a bit but I have been searching for ages to find a way to get the boot up jingle or tone or whatever its called back again, I know most people what to silence it but I kinda like it.

Any help please

Just flashed Leedroid & want to change the boot animation.

Copied the zip I wat to use to my SD card but can't for the life of me work out what to do next even having read the above 100 times (& done a search) :o

Can't find /system/media/ & /data/local/ doesn't exist (I'm using Astro).

Anyone advise

Just flashed Leedroid & want to change the boot animation.

Copied the zip I wat to use to my SD card but can't for the life of me work out what to do next even having read the above 100 times (& done a search) :o

Can't find /system/media/ & /data/local/ doesn't exist (I'm using Astro).

Anyone advise

/system & /data are not on your sd card, they're on your internal memory.

ADB is required...

Back
Top Bottom