• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Fix Samsung Galaxy Y brick phone using Odin v1.85 also fixes bootloops

Rooted my phone day before yesterday and bricked it yesterday.
Thank you so much for this post which brought back my Galaxy Y to life.

I had messed up with the .prop file which caused my phone to get stuck in boot loop at the reboot animation stage.

For anyone trying this, I'd say this works but be careful.

Also, in case it was not clear from this post:
PIT- totoro_0623.pit

Boot loader: DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5

PDA: PDA_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5

Phone: MODEM_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5

CSC: GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-ODDLA1.tar.md5

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PDA_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-ODDLA1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
STUCK PARIN AKO D2 SIR T_T

Kuyaaaaaaa pls help naman oh.. nastuck kc ung samsung galaxy y ko dun sa logo na Samsung galaxy y young s5360 pero nakakapagdownload mode at recovery mode naman, anu bang dapat kong gawin? Thanks and Godbless.

Wow thanks a lot man!!! I just finnished my succesful flashing...Tested perfectly... although I've got lots of failed attempts.. Who knows.. I love GOD so much! and it awesomely worked! .. for some users who didn't experienced it... you are lucky! EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER!
an i also noticed it is far different from my first firmware... it differs from the lock mode... back then my lock mode was a bit different, unlike from my stock lock mode today is the common drag-style and it's INCRIDIBLY AWESOME! you cannot picture out my face right now....

hey pareng agenthacker my galaxy young pina.andar kuh ng.black screen anuh gagawin kuh? nagkamali nang flash gamit ang odin.

I was updating my phone Samsung Galaxy Y using Odin software in download mode. Suddenly the system break down. I have to detached my phone. I restart the system and phone. But nothing is displayed on phone screen. when I contact it to PC, it is showing USB Device attached. but can't start downloading.

Kindly suggest me the remedies. I have also sent the phone to Samsung service center, they are saying mother board need to replaced and charge is almost more than half of the phone price. According to me mother board is not damaged. There is no operating system in phone, so it will not show any display. Kindly help me how can I install operating system in my Galaxy Y?

Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 po device ko....

nagawa kona po lahat. install ng kies old version at new. pati po samsung usb

driver pero di parin madetected nt recognized parin.

ang nangyari po kasi sakin eh nag flash ako ng JellyBlast4.1 at Merruk

Kernel 2.5 aun napasok pa sya minsan sa CWM recovery pero naghahang

na sya dun..minsan nagana pa ung up and down button(volume up and

down) pero naghahang na xa. that day po nung nasira eh nakailang beses

ako nagflash ng stock rom at jellybean rom kasi nagkakaproblema yung

jellybean4.1 na naiflash ko dami error na nalabas kaya nireflash ko ung

stock rom at tapos jellyblast then ung merruk kernel aun nasira na..

napasok pa din xa sa odin mode pero aun nga po usb device not recognized

ang nalabas sa PC.,,,anu po kaya dapat kona ito dalhin sa Service Center??

ito po cp number ko +639055717399 pakicontact po ako sa pede makatulong o mag

advice...tingnan ko din if makareply kayo sa post na to... maraming salamat

po...thank you....:confused:

hi,
i use odin 1.85 and it started and came setupconnection after that nothing happened for more than half an hour. and the phone is in download mode.
i have did this because the mob. was not booting....reply me soon

You know odin would only start when under id:com turns to yellow and a text will appear. it means your usb connection from phone to pc is ok. if it does not turn to yellow check your usb connection

First, second and third attempt were failures. Then the next ones says these in Odin:

<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..

What do I do?

if you can not go to downloading mode, you need a usb jig. And if you are in Philippines, you can buy it here(just edit the url to www): triple-w.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/7350334/USB+Jig+unbrick+Samsung+Galaxy+S+series+Phones?referralKeywords=usb+jig&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-1,1

i had changed my kernel from stock to merruk kernel to over clock my device ,it worked but problem is that my device will automatically shut down when i lock my phone then what should i do ,please help me and reply quickly

hi i am new to android world . I have a galaxy y young(gt s5360) .
I root my phone and upgrad to jelly bean . But I mistake . Now my phone only open with download mood . I tried to connect it to my pc to flash with odin but it not connect.
please help me some one

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360XXKI6_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PDA_S5360XXKI6_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_S5360XXKI6_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-OXXKI6.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

I had tried download odin 1.83,1.84 and 1.85. But yet, the odin still cannot detect my samsung galaxy y. How? Can anyone teach me pls.. =(

Thank a lot!

hi guys,
i cann't understand this step of procedure (After that shut down your phone and put it on download mode)
how i can put my phone into download mode???????????
is this is method of re-installing of android OS on android??????//
can i install any firmware on my Samsung galaxy y s5360 using above mention method.????????
plsssssssssssssss guys ans my all questions i m new in this concept.

please help galaxy y rebooting and i try heimdall cantb detected the phone. since i install cycamera may my phone like that.

Back
Top Bottom