• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

what would cause the phone to go into safemode every time you turn it on? and is there a way out of it?

I still cant get anything going, I flashed my ascend and its starts to come up and do the basic training for the phone but it wont let me get past the location consent page of the set up, I have downloaded Metro PCS recovery and I never get the screen asking/showing which OS to use, I get the huawei screen forever when I do the "fastboot" using vol down, when I use vol up it comes with the 4 options to reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition I have done ALL of these, I never even did anything after I rooted my phone all I did was delete a couple useless apps and the noticed my setting widget disappeared so I came here to look for help so far nothing has helped

download the metroPcs stock file and once download, unzip it to desktop, not power down your ascend and connect it to the pc. now press and hold VOL DOWN, END KEY, AND TAP POWER BUTTON, you should now see the white screen with Huawei logo on it. now move on to the pc and open the recovery file that you unzip and click metropcsstock-windows if your running windows, and a black box will appear and start it's coarse, after it finish, the phone will automatic reboot, and you will have a fresh out of the box Huawei Ascend!!!!

p.s. NEVER delete anything with google that will mess you up big time, also btw which carrier are you with, theres a list of what not to delete and whats safe to delete in the All Things Rooted Topic.

I am with Metro PCS and I followed that safe list, I have no clue what happened I will try this methid nuttmeg and let you know, thank you in advance though

I am with Metro PCS and I followed that safe list, I have no clue what happened I will try this methid nuttmeg and let you know, thank you in advance though
Your pc has to be setup to push files to it. You'll need to install the java SDK's and android tools n prayer you have the right drivers for you phone ;)

Your pc has to be setup to push files to it. You'll need to install the java SDK's and android tools n prayer you have the right drivers for you phone ;)
ok this is the FIRST time i have seen anything about needing the java???? what are sdk's i am about to just literally break the phone into a billion pieces and go back to a stupid phone; smartphone my a$$

ok this is the FIRST time i have seen anything about needing the java???? what are sdk's i am about to just literally break the phone into a billion pieces and go back to a stupid phone; smartphone my a$$
well see if you have a card reader n have CWM installed already you dont need a pc to push files ;)

just put the zip files on the root of your sdcard, boot in cwmr, do the 3 wipes, then install from zip (rom 1st, gapps 2nd, for cm6 & 7 anyhow), then goto advanced n fix permissions (optional).

Only thing you need a computer for with this method it to put files on your sdcard (if phone wont boot normally), and a card reader. ;)

ok ive been trying these two methods with no avail.when i fastboot it does nothing,and when i nandroid restore i tried the renaming it "stock" because the other folder name wasnt accepted.and it seemed to be working until it showed a boot error. any ideas will be appreciated. thanks

Better late than never so Thanks Jazz. This just helped me SO SO very much. I am not tech savvy enough this stuff. I need to block these forums before i break my phone from saying "I should do THAT too!!" after reading what someone else did.

Better late than never so Thanks Jazz. This just helped me SO SO very much. I am not tech savvy enough this stuff. I need to block these forums before i break my phone from saying "I should do THAT too!!" after reading what someone else did.

It's VERY hard to break this phone. Just read the directions a few times and follow them closely!

I NEED MAJOR HELP,been trying to flash my ascend for the past 3 hours,i deleted some google roms and messed it up,but i cant get it to flash,im using windows,and its metro.
My phone dosen't stay on the white screen long enough to connect to my computer and it wont flash,i already did a hard rest but nothing work plzzz help

I NEED MAJOR HELP,been trying to flash my ascend for the past 3 hours,i deleted some google roms and messed it up,but i cant get it to flash,im using windows,and its metro.
My phone dosen't stay on the white screen long enough to connect to my computer and it wont flash,i already did a hard rest but nothing work plzzz help

You need to press and hold Vol Down + Send and tap Power. This puts it in fastboot so that you can load CWM. Is this where you are having problems?

Back
Top Bottom