• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How to] get Google play on LT7033

Question...

So I got the table rooted, everything all good there.. I copied the Market file from my PC to the download folder of the SD card on the LT7033. I can't move it to system/app though... It first was saying that the move failed(I am trying both copy and move). I'm using ES File Explorer. in the settings I went to root settings, and in there I checked 'Root Explorer' and 'Up to Root' and 'Mount file system' and 'backup system app'. Superuser and Mount system file prompts that came up initially went through ok, but I can't move the file. THoughts?

NEVERMIND - Figured out that the download folder was my mistake.

Upvote 0
This Curtis Klu is turning out to be a piece of junk. First off, all day yesterday I thought that because I had the LT7033D model that was causing the RK29 drivers to not work.

I finally got it rooted, for all those reading this. To get the RK29 Drivers working, I had to browse my computer, find the inf file and install them manually. Once I did that, the bat file saw my device. I would give you better step by step directions... but that leads into why I think this thing is a paper weight.

So for those of you having issues, this will be the only post I have seen on the net in reference to the D model, and confirmed getting it rooted with the RK29 drivers.

I still cannot get the play store working, followed all the steps and at this point I don't care because....

The freaking thing wont hold a charge? I had it at 100% last night, didn't touch it, woke up and its dead. Used it all day yesterday at xmas party looking up guitar chords for xmas songs. It died on me, and when I got home, I could not get the thing to charge? The battery picture would come up, it would be red and empty, and the device would turn off. I tried through the Wall Adapter they gave with it, I tried through usb into a wall adapter thingy, same thing. Plug it into usb on computer, again, same thing. I had to leave it for a little and it seemed to work and I could get it on and as I said, it was at 100% when I went to bed. Its been on the usb all morning and I can't get it to turn on.

To add to the fire, The Curtis website is so barren and amateur that I don't think I want their product anymore.

I'm returning this device, and leaving reviews for it stating my issues, and referencing this forum post.

If you have it, I'd recommend doing the same. Hell, for only a 100 or so more you can get a real device.

Thank you so much for the work you all have put into this device. I wish it wasn't for such a piece of junk!

Nick
[EDIT] I'm rocking 64b Windows 7

Upvote 0
This Curtis Klu is turning out to be a piece of junk. First off, all day yesterday I thought that because I had the LT7033D model that was causing the RK29 drivers to not work.

I finally got it rooted, for all those reading this. To get the RK29 Drivers working, I had to browse my computer, find the inf file and install them manually. Once I did that, the bat file saw my device. I would give you better step by step directions... but that leads into why I think this thing is a paper weight.

So for those of you having issues, this will be the only post I have seen on the net in reference to the D model, and confirmed getting it rooted with the RK29 drivers.

I still cannot get the play store working, followed all the steps and at this point I don't care because....

The freaking thing wont hold a charge? I had it at 100% last night, didn't touch it, woke up and its dead. Used it all day yesterday at xmas party looking up guitar chords for xmas songs. It died on me, and when I got home, I could not get the thing to charge? The battery picture would come up, it would be red and empty, and the device would turn off. I tried through the Wall Adapter they gave with it, I tried through usb into a wall adapter thingy, same thing. Plug it into usb on computer, again, same thing. I had to leave it for a little and it seemed to work and I could get it on and as I said, it was at 100% when I went to bed. Its been on the usb all morning and I can't get it to turn on.

To add to the fire, The Curtis website is so barren and amateur that I don't think I want their product anymore.

I'm returning this device, and leaving reviews for it stating my issues, and referencing this forum post.

If you have it, I'd recommend doing the same. Hell, for only a 100 or so more you can get a real device.

Thank you so much for the work you all have put into this device. I wish it wasn't for such a piece of junk!

Nick
[EDIT] I'm rocking 64b Windows 7

It was to my understanding that the LT7033d was rooted already..

Also, you should know that the ONLY way this tab will charge is if you use the wall adapter. The USB port DOES NOT charge the device at all.

If it doesnt charge with the wall adapter then you're right and the device is failing. return it...

Really cant get why some of you are having so much trouble getting the market to work.

Go to SlideMe Market and download ES File Explorer
Open ES and go to settings
scroll down to root settings (check all in root settings)
open your browser and download market from this post:
http://androidforums.com/general-tablet-talk/651880-curtis-klu-lt7033.html#post5237802
open ES File Explorer and go to download folder on your sdcard
log-press android.vending.apk and select copy
in ES press the up button untill you get to /
scroll down and open system
then open app
select PASTE in /system/app
long-press android.vending.apk after you're done pasting it and select PROPERTIES
now look in th pop-up for permissions an press the CHANGE button
set permissions like this vvv
mavrikmeercat-albums-support-picture7252-screenshot-1355773127147.png

press OK
Now reboot the tab and you WILL have a working market (play store)
if it does not work then you are not rooted properly. tyr rooting it again.

FYI to everyone: I have done this on 4 of these so far and it has worked everytime

Upvote 0
I just bought the LT7033D and can confirm that it came already rooted. I couldn't get the driver to work, might be because I'm running XP. So I emailed the file for the app store to the tablet.
It's not that you're running XP. Curtis support emailed me the drivers and they installed but adb still wont see the device. these drivers just seem to suck so i gave up on drivers & windows. I have a dual boot system with ubuntu installed too and I use ubuntu to develop for android so i just compiled an .inf for linix and got adb working in my linux OS. I can help anyone on how to do that if they have ubuntu, debian, or mint.

Where are you guys getting the "D" ones. I'm in cincinnati ohio and the H.H. Gregg's around here don't have them yet.

Any word on the ClockworkMod? I'm interested in trying out your rom mavrickmeerkat

Yeah I live in New Orleans and our H.H. Greg don't have the LT7033d's yet either.

Still working on CWM... Myself and a bad ass CWM develpoer by the name of utkanos are still working on this every night. It's being quite hard actually because of the way they set up the partitions on the device. they are quite odd and this may be the only one ever done like this(according to utkanos) who has ported CWM to like 40 devices already, but we are getting it and I will let you guys know when I have it. I promise ;)

The ROM is finished...

just waiting on a way for everyone to create backups and flash it.

Upvote 0
Where are you guys getting the "D" ones. I'm in cincinnati ohio and the H.H. Gregg's around here don't have them yet.

Any word on the ClockworkMod? I'm interested in trying out your rom mavrickmeerkat

Yes they do., I swapped mine at Fields Ertle location a week ago or so and was in Hamilton area (by Menards) today where I returned my 2nd LT7033 and saw a big stack of LT7033D's

Reactions: farney
Upvote 0
Welcome to your new home, everyone :) [I've moved this thread from the http://androidforums.com/android-tablets-mids/ where it originally resided].

Thanks to mavrikmeercat for the heads-up about the need for this new forum!

Big thanks to EarlyMon for creating the new area, Digital Controller and Brian706 for seeding the all-things-root Guide and FAQ, and D-U-R-X for tidying-up a bit ;) :).

Enjoy and let us know if you need anything else.

-SA

Upvote 0
Also, you should know that the ONLY way this tab will charge is if you use the wall adapter. The USB port DOES NOT charge the device at all.
Perhaps that was a limitation of the LT7033. My LT7033 plugged in to my laptop's USB port and the tablet's USB port charges. It's slow, but it does charge.

Really cant get why some of you are having so much trouble getting the market to work.
Not sure if the file name has significance, but the one linked to has an extra "-1" in the name. Renaming it and setting the permissions to 644 worked for me on my LT7033D.

Picked up two tablets at HHGregg over the weekend for the kids to use. They were constantly begging to use my Nexus 7 or my wife's transformer. The Klu doesn't compare to either of those, but it plays the games that they like fine and they'll be ecstatic to get them for Christmas.

Upvote 0
One question, how do I get apps to install to sd card? Do I need to manually move them after install?

There used to be an option in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> select app that gave you an option to move the app to the SD card.

I don't have that on my GNex since its all one big (internal) "SD card", so no option available for me ;) :).

Upvote 0
There used to be an option in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> select app that gave you an option to move the app to the SD card.

I don't have that on my GNex since its all one big (internal) "SD card", so no option available for me ;) :).

Go to >Settings > Apps > Select the App on the Right and it should give you the option to move to SD Card.

Upvote 0
@mavrikmeercat Thanks for all of the help with this device, i was able to get Amazon & Play working after several hours of trying to root the thing only to find out it was already rooted.. LOL.. This is my first Android device i have all IOS devices otherwise.

Quick question: Is there anything we can do to improve the WIFI on this thing until you are able to get CWM working?

Upvote 0
Guys thanks so much for all the information. Just got my son's Klu rooted and so far got Amazon Appstore to work. Looking forward to more great things.
Could you please post instructions on how you got amazon to work so anyone else visiting here can try this?

also i didn't have much success with amazon app store but i would like to add it to the ROM i'm building for this tab.

it would install and would open and allow me to sign into amazon and even download and install apps but after i close it and reopen it would freeze, just showing search bar and black background.

Upvote 0
Once you have installed Amazon appstore & got it to work the 1st time, the next time you try to return you will get the useless search appstore & black screen.

When this happens, use the back button to exit appstore, go to settings/apps/appstore/clear data. Back out of settings & press Amazon appstore again.

This time you will get the white and amber Amazon appstore smile in the upper left corner and either a black screen or a black screen with a create account button in the lower right. Use the back button to exit appstore again.

Press the appstore button again & this time you will get the welcome screen where you can log on & get what you want. (3's a charm?)

Thanks to Mav & all you others for all the help.

Reactions: farney
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones