• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Root Your Samsung Avant

That's definitely not a dumb question. To boot into download mode turn the phone off completely, then hold power+volume down+home until you see this screen, then press volume up to confirm.

Attachments

• 1419401930061.jpg
    1419401930061.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
I recently got the avant and im having trouble pairing it to my galaxy tab 3 through pdanet. it shows connected but once I try and go online with the tablet it says a wifi network must be connected. on pdanet tablet and pdanet on the phone it says paired and connected so I don't understand why its not working. my avant is rooted. can someone help me please.

Upvote 0
Have you installed twrp recovery? If so there is a flashable zip you can use to tether with the native hotspot. Then you don't have to mess with the headaches that come with trying to Bluetooth tether a tablet. You can find the zip to enable the native hotspot in post #548 on this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2845229

If your tablet is running kitkat Bluetooth tethering won't work. WiFi is way faster anyway

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you installed twrp recovery? If so there is a flashable zip you can use to tether with the native hotspot. Then you don't have to mess with the headaches that come with trying to Bluetooth tether a tablet. You can find the zip to enable the native hotspot in post #548 on this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2845229

If your tablet is running kitkat Bluetooth tethering won't work. WiFi is way faster anyway
my tablet isn't running kitkat but I believe my phone is. my phone has the latest 4.4.2.

Upvote 0
Well if you have twrp installed click the link I gave you and go to page number 55 and find post number 548 then download the zip and flash it. Then you can use the mobile hotspot app on the phone without needing foxfi or pdanet. I'm typing this from my 2nd gen nexus 7 that I'm running off of my avant's hotspot.

Also, if your tablet is on jelly bean or older pdanet tablet should work but only with the stock internet browser. Any other app that needs to have internet connection to work will check for wifi and won't bother to use the existing Bluetooth internet connection.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Collwatt
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well if you have twrp installed click the link I gave you and go to page number 55 and find post number 548 then download the zip and flash it. Then you can use the mobile hotspot app on the phone without needing foxfi or pdanet. I'm typing this from my 2nd gen nexus 7 that I'm running off of my avant's hotspot.

Also, if your tablet is on jelly bean or older pdanet tablet should work but only with the stock internet browser. Any other app that needs to have internet connection to work will check for wifi and won't bother to use the existing Bluetooth internet connection.

I tried to install the zip that you posted a link to but when i did i got stuck on the boot screen. I also tried wanam xposed but that didnt work all i got with that was the up sell page.
Is there something else to try help.

Upvote 0
Erm, so I was trying to install Wanam Xposed and it's frame work but it wasn't working (I did have root). I started looking through the apps on my phone and noticed that Superuser had an option to clean it up for a reinstall so I figured that I'd try that.

--And it didn't reinstall anything AND I lost Root Access. (Well, kinda)... Some Root checker apps say Root is fine but some say it isn't. However, I can't use any apps that require root access. They just freeze up.

I downloaded another SU app from the market thinking that that might help but.. that didn't help.

So, I went into TWRP recovery and recovered a backup I made right after I rooted... Still no root.

Then I went through the process of flashing Root through Odin again.. still no go.

Any suggestions on what to do to get root back?

Upvote 0
Erm, so I was trying to install Wanam Xposed and it's frame work but it wasn't working (I did have root). I started looking through the apps on my phone and noticed that Superuser had an option to clean it up for a reinstall so I figured that I'd try that.

--And it didn't reinstall anything AND I lost Root Access. (Well, kinda)... Some Root checker apps say Root is fine but some say it isn't. However, I can't use any apps that require root access. They just freeze up.

I downloaded another SU app from the market thinking that that might help but.. that didn't help.

So, I went into TWRP recovery and recovered a backup I made right after I rooted... Still no root.

Then I went through the process of flashing Root through Odin again.. still no go.

Any suggestions on what to do to get root back?
Have you tried flashing SuperSu through twrp?

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
I unlocked imei from metro pc to use it with a Peruvian sim Carrier , but now I flashed with a tmobile firmware and had blocked red :( I have to paid again to unlock the imei again? Does anyone has the same problem?
Did you happen to get the unlock code? Because if you did I would imagine you could just push the code in somewhere and unlock it just like before :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones