• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How's the battery life?

What the.......mine doesn't last that long...It barely lasts a day for me.

Battery life is very subjective. It will depend on how you use your phone. Everyone's definition of heavy use is different, just as everyone's definition of medium and light use is different.

Personally if I can make it through a full day of normal use with LTE on and full screen brightness I will be a happy camper.

Most times I am on wifi at home so that's when 4G will be turned off.

Upvote 0
Shortest I've gotten: 10 hours, 17min 6s...but I'm still at 29%...and the drain is so slow that this would probably last me another couple hours anyway.

Crazy thing is, I had extremely heavy use for the first couple hours of the day. Navigation for 30-40 minutes, along with music playing. The music playing for another 20 minutes. On top of that, browsing/searching on google maps in a low coverage area.

Then, I had a bunch of emails pushing to my phone, once I got to work. But when it comes down to it, this phone is truly amazing.

Upvote 0
Shortest I've gotten: 10 hours, 17min 6s...but I'm still at 29%...and the drain is so slow that this would probably last me another couple hours anyway.

Crazy thing is, I had extremely heavy use for the first couple hours of the day. Navigation for 30-40 minutes, along with music playing. The music playing for another 20 minutes. On top of that, browsing/searching on google maps in a low coverage area.

Then, I had a bunch of emails pushing to my phone, once I got to work. But when it comes down to it, this phone is truly amazing.

I also should've mentioned, this was also while using my Live Video Wallpaper app, which is a crazy battery hog, but obviously the Note 2 can withstand even that to give a full day of usage. I also have been keeping GPS on all the time (in the past, that was completely taboo to do, if you were looking to save battery life.

Upvote 0
One thing I discovered is over the years of doing everything to get the max battery life, my main constant was to always turn the brightness down. Even now, I'm so comfortable with the brightness being low that when I increase it, it kills my eyes.

I cant say enough great things about my battery life. Started off at 100% battery.

2012-11-15165730.png

Upvote 0
Guys, when you post number of hours and battery % remaining, please add the number of hours your screen was on, and your screen brightness setting. Thanks! :)
My brightest is as low as it can go before it goes dark.

this phone will finally let me have a live wallpaper without being dead by the end of the day :p
Been running live wallpaper for a while. No impact on battery at all.

sa6u2era.jpg
beve3y9a.jpg

Upvote 0
My brightest is as low as it can go before it goes dark.

Been running live wallpaper for a while. No impact on battery life.

good, good. it just annoys me sometimes when i show my sister some cool stuff on my android tablet, and she goes like, "well, that'll drain your battery life." i mean, what's the use if you don't maximize and enjoy your devices? :p

Upvote 0
Guys, when you post number of hours and battery % remaining, please add the number of hours your screen was on, and your screen brightness setting. Thanks! :)

With Screen on Auto brightness:

11h 1m 53s on battery
these are the ones that take up the majority percentages:
Screen 38% - Time On 2h 18m 28s
Android OS 19% CPU total 38m 19s / Stay awake 1h 47m 52s
Android System 8% CPU total 14m 19s / CPU foreground 32 sec / Stay awake 12m 45s
Nova Launcher 5% CPU total 9m15s / CPU foreground 7m 19s / Stay awake 0 seconds

I'm still at 41%. This is amazing. I'll be using Poweramp the entire way home, no charger connected (and the screen stays on for that app, while the player is on), so this is more than enough juice left!

I almost have my NOVA setup complete and should be done customizing by tonight, while I'm doing some work. I really do love this phone.

Upvote 0
FYI - Just looked at my International Note 2, which I've kept between Wi-fi and Airplane mode the majority of the day (since it's not connected). It's still at 80%. I really haven't used it all that much today, since I have my PC at work, but it's lasted almost 9 hours now w/ the most usage on my morning commute into work (using PowerAmp w/o charger). The International phone is going to make a perfect dedicated media player!...And even better, when I travel outside the country, I just pop in a SIM card and have my own phone to use. Love that.

Upvote 0
Assuming you're running rooted deodexed LJC, this will work - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34102768

I just applied it and it works fine :)

Edit: I thought you had a Sprint GN2 or at least I think I remember you saying you'd get a Sprint and international version. Anyway, not sure if this will work with the 7100/7105.

I have both already : )

And thanks for this info. I actually got word from my IT guy that Rooting will be perfectly fine on my Sprint phone, so I'll definitely be rooting both once I have some time to sit down and make sure I'm backing EVERYTHING up correctly (and know how to restore without a hitch, in the event I need to...yeah, I'm very anal about stuff like that and hate not knowing what to do when something goes wrong).

Nontheless, for now, I'm thinking of installing Handcent to see if that can block the screen on for every text. I bet, if I block that, my battery life would get even better!

Upvote 0
Yessss!!! Found a solution for my "issue," that I'm hoping will help the battery life too. This should cut down on the screen time on, and I'm probably going to change that back to 2:00 like I normally do (since I always make it a habit to put my phone on standby before pocketing). For those of you that weren't familiar with the one major pet peeve I had about this phone, it was when it would bring my phone out of standby for every text message that I received! Oddly enough, the sms popup app was designed, for other phones that didn't have the capability to wake the phone up, to actually turn on!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1747794

Upvote 0
Anybody have the link to that app that shows exactly which apps are draining the most juice on the battery? The stock battery settings aren't doing it for me and there has to be something that was draining battery on my phone over night. Dropped 20% in standby, on power save mode, w/ blocking mode on.

Thanks in advance. I have a feeling it might be Widgetlocker (which I'm hoping it's not).

Upvote 0
Anybody have the link to that app that shows exactly which apps are draining the most juice on the battery? The stock battery settings aren't doing it for me and there has to be something that was draining battery on my phone over night. Dropped 20% in standby, on power save mode, w/ blocking mode on.

Thanks in advance. I have a feeling it might be Widgetlocker (which I'm hoping it's not).

GSam Battery Monitor
CPU Spy

These are the 2 most suggested throughout various forums.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones