• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC M8 accessories (discussion, reviews) -Read first post for review links!

Looking at an otterbox for work

Does the commuter cover all the ports up to keep out dust etc?

I know the defender Does and I may go that route.

My spigen case was delivered today and it is excellent. Completely clear. My fear was it would be hard brittle plastic but it is flexible rubbery or silicon and looks great. All cut outs line up perfectly and the buttons still press easily. It feels as though it will offer some decent protection. My preference would be no case but phone is pretty slippy, this gives great grip. I did consider a clear coat skin but would still have wanted to put a case on for protection. I also got a spigen oleophobic screen protector and it is excellent quality as well so feel a lot more secure about phone now.

Is this the spigen case you refer too?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/STRONG-FLEX...d=1396867406&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=itskins+m8

I'm still using the free case that came with the phone!

I can't find one,ordered mine on launch day with a grey dot case from HTC and delivery date keeps being pushed back,now saying 6 days for the car dock.

I can't find one,ordered mine on launch day with a grey dot case from HTC and delivery date keeps being pushed back,now saying 6 days for the car dock.

yeah - phoned them today and they reckon they're getting stock in on Friday - they apparently didn't receive the first lot of stock

Yes and I am really impressed with it. The phone feels great in it, you have a real good grip of it. The buttons are all fully covered but press easily. Only for the fact that the usb and ear socker are uncovered you would expect this to give great waterproof protection as well although it is not suggested that it does. The oleophobic screen protector is also the best I have tried, it is totally invisible on the phone and so easy to fit as it is simpy rectangular, no cut outs to work around.

Decided to buy a cheap case for like $10 and see what it was like... Turned out great... It is a Supcase Unicorn Beetle premium hybrid Frost clear/black. Sounds funky but it is a nice looking plastic/rubberized case with a rubberized lip around the sides & screen and recessed camera lenses. Fits like a glove. Power button is clear for IR sensor. Volume buttons feel solid.

sa2e7u2u.jpg

2udusydy.jpg

udusy2yv.jpg

Decided to buy a cheap case for like $10 and see what it was like... Turned out great... It is a Supcase Unicorn Beetle premium hybrid Frost clear/black. Sounds funky but it is a nice looking plastic/rubberized case with a rubberized lip around the sides & screen and recessed camera lenses. Fits like a glove. Power button is clear for IR sensor. Volume buttons feel solid.

sa2e7u2u.jpg

2udusydy.jpg

udusy2yv.jpg

Not asking you to try this, but, if you separated the clear backing from the bumper, do you think the bumper would fit/hold it's shape,enough to be functional?

Yes and I am really impressed with it. The phone feels great in it, you have a real good grip of it. The buttons are all fully covered but press easily. Only for the fact that the usb and ear socker are uncovered you would expect this to give great waterproof protection as well although it is not suggested that it does. The oleophobic screen protector is also the best I have tried, it is totally invisible on the phone and so easy to fit as it is simpy rectangular, no cut outs to work around.

Interesting. How does it compare to the case that came with the phone?

I suppose this is the screen protector you mean?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Protector-Steinheil-Oleophobic-Resistant/dp/B00IF5B4MA

Is the screen protector glass? Was it easy to fit?

Cheers

Not asking you to try this, but, if you separated the clear backing from the bumper, do you think the bumper would fit/hold it's shape,enough to be functional?

I think it would, but the backing is heat bonded to the outer shell and would likely look terrible if it was separated.

Found this one on e-Bay.Same one is also available on AMAZON,but the shipping speed/price combo was a better deal on e-Bay this time.

Supcase All New HTC One M8 Case Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case | eBay

I like the one you ordered better, but,since I'll be removing the backing from the bumper,I went w/the least expensive & fastest-to-ship option.
Yours is currently out of stock & not shipping until Friday, otherwise, I might have chose it instead.

However, I went w/the least expensive option, mainly because I haven't even decided if I'll get the M8.Just wanna be prepared if I get it opening day on T-Mobile.Got the XTREME GUARD clear skin on the way as well.

I also had PRIME, but, recently canceled ,got tired of UPS' lazy a** ways of dropping off packages w/o so much as a knock on the door.
They actually did it again today, w/my MOTO G RMA....... right on the doorstep for anyone to pick up.......

Okay .. basically..

Thin as possible - covers ports from dust/dirt/etc, waterproof would be a + but not neccesary .. same with screen protector.

Style would be nice but not top of list, protection doesn't need to be crazy because I take good care of my devices.

I'm kind of leaning to a commuter but was wondering if there's anything similar to consider, I love my GFs lifeproof nuud..but its on an IPhone5s ...

Won't the phone take longer to charge?
I don't see why it would.My daughter uses a 6 foot one with a 4 foot adapter and she said it charges just as fast as the stock one on her Iphone.I also used a 6 foot one with my HTC vivid and the charging times seemed the same.I may be wrong but mine is usually plugged in while I'm in bed anyway.I wanted something longer for watching netflix,music etc. without having to put stress on the phones port by pulling on it all the time and about ripping it out of the wall by accident lol..

Back
Top Bottom