• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC M8 accessories (discussion, reviews) -Read first post for review links!

I don't see why it would.My daughter uses a 6 foot one with a 4 foot adapter and she said it charges just as fast as the stock one on her Iphone.I also used a 6 foot one with my HTC vivid and the charging times seemed the same.I may be wrong but mine is usually plugged in while I'm in bed anyway.I wanted something longer for watching netflix,music etc. without having to put stress on the phones port by pulling on it all the time and about ripping it out of the wall by accident lol..

I am not questioning you. But why in the hell doesn't HTC give us a longer cable if the phone takes the same time to charge on a long versus a short power cable?

I am not questioning you. But why in the hell doesn't HTC give us a longer cable if the phone takes the same time to charge on a long versus a short power cable?

Longer cable= higher cost to build= less profit. It's a standard size cable. Nothing wrong with it and for most people it's just the right size. I personally like longer cables but they market to the masses.

I just bought an extra, longer cable

Longer cable= higher cost to build= less profit. It's a standard size cable. Nothing wrong with it and for most people it's just the right size. I personally like longer cables but they market to the masses.

I just bought an extra, longer cable

I don't know Sol. The cable for the M8 is actually shorter than the cable I received with my M7...LOL HTC can't be going that broke.

Interesting. How does it compare to the case that came with the phone?

I suppose this is the screen protector you mean?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Protector-Steinheil-Oleophobic-Resistant/dp/B00IF5B4MA

Is the screen protector glass? Was it easy to fit?

Cheers

It seems strange to say this as the reason I bought the phone was because I loved the feel of the aluminium, the case actually feels great around the phone that I don't miss the aluminium feel at all and love how it feels, yeah strange but true. I have been tempted to drop it to see if it offers as much protection as I feel it would but have managed to resist.
And yes that is the screen protector I got, it is not the tempered glass one, but it is the best one I have ever used, you really would not see or feel it on your phone. It is simply rectangular, no cut outs so very easy to fit. if you don't align it properly, there are some small bits of tape you apply to corners to lift it back up without damaging it. It comes with two but so far if ever needed I would buy again.

I just got my Spigen clear case in. Great fit and it allows me to still show off the good looking Aluminum finish. Also adds some grip to the phone which will keep it from flying out of my hand. It adds minimal size to the phone but feels like it will protect from basic snafus.

Amazon.com: Spigen

I actually have a work case and an out on the town case for my phone. When I receive my itskins case after 20 April that will be my out on the town case. I ordered the zero case and I have the same type of case on my M7. If you want slim and pretty, go for itskins.

What I hate most about my new phone is the screen protector looking hazy due to oil from your finger tips. I like to buy the anti glare and anti fingerprint protectors from boxwave.com. That way your screen protector never looks like a baby oil factory. If it seems oily to you, just rinse it off and reapply. Yes, you can reapply it after rinsing it off. Unfortunately, I had to purchase screen protectors from Verizon. It usually takes boxwave.com a month or so to receive screen protectors for a new phone.

I bought one of those long braided USB cables today. Will review the quality once it's here.

I have not seen any nice cases (that are really slim) that have those ports covered. The phone has not been out that long though so I am sure something will come out soon!

I bought an otter box commuter with 14 day return policy

Will see how I like it, in the mean time hopefully something better comes out

The commuter is a decent case but ill probably return it as have the volume + usb + headphones covered is kind of pointless when the power button isn't and plenty of dust could still get in between the case and phone.

May try a defender of possibly look for another option.

hi all,

im after a pouch style case for my m8 - ive already got the htc gel skin on it but think it needs something a bit tougher on top :) ...so would need to be not too tight - vertical one - probably on the softer side - seen anything nice out there? in uk
thanks
dan

I think, this smartphone is one of the best smartphone I have from HTC since last 2 years, most of the covers do fit in it, and they look amazing.

The commuter is a decent case but ill probably return it as have the volume + usb + headphones covered is kind of pointless when the power button isn't and plenty of dust could still get in between the case and phone.

May try a defender of possibly look for another option.

After going to my providers store today I can say it won't be a defender... Exact same case as commuter basically.. for an extra 20$ all you really get is a screen cover and a holster. The chance of fine particals getting in between case and phone seems just as likely... And with my work (industrial construction) I'd be taking it apart daily to clean all the dust particles out from behind screen cover and other areas.

Got 12 more days to try and find something else or I'll have to keep the commuter.

I have 2 or 3 HTC Chargers from my old M7 and my EVO 4G LTE. I know out of all 3 one has a longer cord and I like it better. I wish I had more that were longer. I want to try the Dot View Case now but currently own the Otterbox Commuter which protects well. Just covers up the beauty of the phone.

I want to try the Dot View Case now but currently own the Otterbox Commuter which protects well. Just covers up the beauty of the phone.

'Tis a shame to cover up such a nice looking phone,but,better than the potential alternative.

I went w/these two items here,which arrived just in time:

HTC One M8 Screen Protector (Bodyskin only)

The transparent skin is perfect for not only protecting the finish,but,gives a bit of grip to the phone.

Supcase All New HTC One M8 Case Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case | eBay

I originally ordered the case for the sole purpose of separating the back from the bumper & tossing the back cover,using the bumper only.

However,I've reconsidered,as I have the best of both worlds,w/decent protection without detracting from the looks.

Provides the right amount of edge protection to the face of the phone.

Another bonus:
Comes w/o the case branding,as depicted in the pic from the above link.

Actually feels better in hand,as I was a bit on-edge to not drop/bump/etc... without a case.

That's it for cases,I'm done.One is enough,gonna kick this excessive accessory habit of mine............ :D

I have 2 or 3 HTC Chargers from my old M7 and my EVO 4G LTE. I know out of all 3 one has a longer cord and I like it better. I wish I had more that were longer. I want to try the Dot View Case now but currently own the Otterbox Commuter which protects well. Just covers up the beauty of the phone.

Monoprice.com - best place for quality cables for cheap.

'Tis a shame to cover up such a nice looking phone,but,better than the potential alternative.

The transparent skin is perfect for not only protecting the finish,but,gives a bit of grip to the phone.

I originally ordered the case for the sole purpose of separating the back from the bumper & tossing the back cover,using the bumper only.

Yeah Supcase makes some of the nicest cases. I love mine.

I've always been an otterbox fan and wanted to wait for the Symetry case, but my buddy that worked at Verizon tipped me off to Spigen cases. I bought the black Slim Armor case on Amazon for $17.99 and got it the next day (with Prime). Case is awesome! Super thin but feels very snug and sturdy.

However,I've reconsidered,as I have the best of both worlds,w/decent protection without detracting from the looks.

Provides the right amount of edge protection to the face of the phone.

Another bonus:
Comes w/o the case branding,as depicted in the pic from the above link.

Actually feels better in hand,as I was a bit on-edge to not drop/bump/etc... without a case.

That's it for cases,I'm done.One is enough,gonna kick this excessive accessory habit of mine............ :D

Really like that look - I had xtremegaurd back on my M7 and liked it. The fact that bumper has no product brandings makes it a very interesting option. I'm now considering taking back my otterbox for this combo.

Back
Top Bottom