• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC M8 accessories (discussion, reviews) -Read first post for review links!

'Tis a shame to cover up such a nice looking phone,but,better than the potential alternative.

I went w/these two items here,which arrived just in time:

HTC One M8 Screen Protector (Bodyskin only)
Supcase All New HTC One M8 Case Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case | eBay

That's it for cases,I'm done.One is enough,gonna kick this excessive accessory habit of mine............ :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They say the road to Hell is paved w/good intentions :p,just found this gem:

Amazon.com: Genuine Official HC C942 Translucent Hard Shell Case for HTC One M8: Electronics

Really like that look - I had xtremegaurd back on my M7 and liked it. The fact that bumper has no product brandings makes it a very interesting option. I'm now considering taking back my otterbox for this combo.

I hope you haven't ordered yet,KC:tomato::

After less than a day's use,the SUPCASE is already looking like SOS,the clear plastic shows every little scuff,like a waxed floor scraped up from muddy shoes w/pebbles stuck in 'em.

Once the OEM HTC Clear Case shows up,I'll use it for a week or so before giving it a :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

Yes and I am really impressed with it. The phone feels great in it, you have a real good grip of it. The buttons are all fully covered but press easily. Only for the fact that the usb and ear socker are uncovered you would expect this to give great waterproof protection as well although it is not suggested that it does. The oleophobic screen protector is also the best I have tried, it is totally invisible on the phone and so easy to fit as it is simpy rectangular, no cut outs to work around.

Got the case and to be honest I'm not so keen :(. It is very 'bright; which I think detracts from the phone. Also it has quite a wide surround that, for me, makes it a little clumsy to hold. I now realise how good the free case is! I'll stick with that :)

Also got the olephobic protectors. As usual I messed up the first - I find it nearly impossible to get them on without trapping dust! However the second went on perfectly. Really impressive.

I haven't - I'd like a bumper without the backing on it optimally

Here's one similar to what you got

Exact Prism Series Slim-Fit Transparent Case for HTC One M8 Clear/Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

That's exactly the same one that SUPCASE sells.

With the exception of a few case sellers/mfgs,most name-branded accessories,especially cases,are made by one mfg & then sold to various e-tailers w/their branding on them.

Take a look @ e-Bay & AMAZON,especially the i-Phone & SAMSUNG GALAXY accessories for the best example of this.
Same practice is prevalent in the food mfg/packaging industry.

I just got my Spigen clear case in. Great fit and it allows me to still show off the good looking Aluminum finish. Also adds some grip to the phone which will keep it from flying out of my hand. It adds minimal size to the phone but feels like it will protect from basic snafus.

Amazon.com: Spigen

^ it looks like that's a nice tpu style case but with a cover for the headphone/charge ports.. that is beautiful.

Doesn't seem to be available for purchase though.

I'm considering returning my commuter and buying a capsule, slim armor and hybrid from spigen.

3 cases for the price of one.. although I would like a daily work case that is slim and covers the ports from dust..

Wish HTC made this thing dustproof

I bought one of those long braided USB cables today. Will review the quality once it's here

I received my cable today. The feel and quality seem very nice. I will try it out later tonight once my phone dies down some.This battery seems hard to run dead.Which is good!
IMAG0447_zpsunewscr8.jpg

Saw reports of the M8 being compatible w/the SAMSUNG GEAR FIT earlier today:

Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices | Ubergizmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLybpJoG6mU

I briefly checked this w/my M8 & a BEST BUY demo unit earlier today & it indeed paired up.Checked only the phone call function & media player (GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC) & both worked,woulda checked more items,but,the demo model had a defect in not holding a charge.

Anyhoo,the above video shows that the functionality is pretty close to 100%,w/alarm & quick reply being the only items not functioning.

This was good enough for me,I went ahead & ordered one via T-MOBILE,should be here Wednesday.

I'll post results/review late evening then,I'd be glad to take any requests for functionality checks/etc.....

Anyone find one a case with a kickstand, (landscape and portrait orientation would be nice)? I plan on watching plenty of movies and documentaries when I get my M8.
Verizon sells the shell/holster combo case on their site, & it has a kickstand. Also, most accessories were 25% off & they were offering free overnight shipping.

I got my HTC One and Spigen Slim Armor 3 days ago. Since putting the phone in a case, I have somehow managed to drop the phone on both concrete and stone tiles. I am happy to say the phone is still fine, the plastic part of the case just has a couple nicks in it. This is my 4th time buying this case for a different phone and I'm just as happy every time.

How's the finish holding up on this case?

My clear case does not have a mark on it, I am still very impressed and it has not detracted from how the phone looks or feels. Would buy again so that is probably best recommendation I can give.

Anyone with a good slim case with the microusb and headphone jacks covered?

I got an included silicone style case with my M8 here in Australia. It covers the usb and headphone jack. Its actually quite a nice case for a freebie. Im not sure if you can buy them separately but it sounds like a case thats right up your alley

I got an included silicone style case with my M8 here in Australia. It covers the usb and headphone jack. Its actually quite a nice case for a freebie. Im not sure if you can buy them separately but it sounds like a case thats right up your alley

Thanks I posted about this a bit up the way back ..

I can't find it anywhere online. Would really like to get my hands on one.

Won't the phone take longer to charge?
Well you were totally right.After charging the phone last night with the extra long usb cable I was not impressed....At all!!

I bought one of those long braided USB cables today. Will review the quality once it's here.

I have not seen any nice cases (that are really slim) that have those ports covered. The phone has not been out that long though so I am sure something will come out soon!
I'm looking forward to your review LOL...I give it 1 star outta 5,charging time is no good at all.I left mine charge about 8 hours last night and it only brought my battery up from 24% to 53%..I only give it 1 star for quality and materials,otherwise not good charging times at all....I'll be contacting them and letting them know what I think about their cable as well.

yeah im generally happy to use my gel skin ....but then when i took it off for a demo this morning...the feel of that warm metal....ooooo :D

Saw reports of the M8 being compatible w/the SAMSUNG GEAR FIT earlier today:

Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices | Ubergizmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLybpJoG6mU

I briefly checked this w/my M8 & a BEST BUY demo unit earlier today & it indeed paired up.Checked only the phone call function & media player (GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC) & both worked,woulda checked more items,but,the demo model had a defect in not holding a charge.

Anyhoo,the above video shows that the functionality is pretty close to 100%,w/alarm & quick reply being the only items not functioning.

This was good enough for me,I went ahead & ordered one via T-MOBILE,should be here Wednesday.

I'll post results/review late evening then,I'd be glad to take any requests for functionality checks/etc.....

Well,it's here.

While I managed to pair w/the FIT,I cannot recommend this for most,especially if you're expecting a near perfect experience & future updates (w/o root & further development,I suspect):

An update to the GEAR FIT MANAGER was pushed out today(4/16/14),which apparently closed the non-SAMSUNG device capability door.:evil:

I took the update before the FIT arrived this afternoon & it wouldn't pair up w/the M8,as it did in the store on Monday (4/14/14).

Luckily,I found an older .apk on XDA that allows for pairing,& am able to use the FIT,with limited functionality,on the M8.

So far,most items work,including media player control,but,unfortunately,I'll have to live w/the non-rotating display.

Well you were totally right.After charging the phone last night with the extra long usb cable I was not impressed....At all!!

I'm looking forward to your review LOL...I give it 1 star outta 5,charging time is no good at all.I left mine charge about 8 hours last night and it only brought my battery up from 24% to 53%..I only give it 1 star for quality and materials,otherwise not good charging times at all....I'll be contacting them and letting them know what I think about their cable as well.

I purchased a top notch, 6 ft USB cable for use. Took forever to charge my EVO 3D and my HTC One M7. Definitely a waste of money. That's how I knew your cable wouldn't charge the M8. If it's not a short cable from HTC or a rapid charger you can expect a lengthy charge time. The cable you have must be pinned accordingly to provide power opposed to data.

Back
Top Bottom