• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Messed Up my HTC Desire Z with S-off

Try downloading the ROM from here - make sure to check the DM5 sum of it (just below the download link), once on your computer. Then follow the same procedure as before... use the volume keys, perform wipes and then install zip from SD card.

Once all done, reboot system now and then you should be good to go :)

Maybe, Can I also Install this rom? this was the reason I rooted my phone, to install this rom for my Desire Z. It is Ice cream sandwish for The Desire Z usig Cyanogenmod

Upvote 0
Right... we will have to try something a little different then!

Try downloading http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Thunderbolt_Developers/scotty85/PC10IMG_custom_Vision_HTC_WWE_1.34.405.5_Radio_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M.zip

You will have to rename PC10IMG and flash in hboot, just like the recovery :)

I have named the file PC10IMG and flash in the hboot. But he didn't find a file, just like yesterday with the recovery. he just shows
checking sd: no loading pc10diag.zip
NO IMAGE!
loading pc10diag.nbh
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
Loading pc10img.zip
NO IMAGE
Loading pc10img.nbh
NO IMAGE OR WRONG IMAGE
And if I try now to put the old PC10IMG for the recovery back on the root of the sdcard he wouldn't search for it anymore. The screen of checking sdcard isn't comming.

Upvote 0
This is really strange... I don't understand why it doesn't see it!

There is another possibility... we can try and run a stock RUU on your phone (this is an exe file that you run on your computer). The RUU would take you back to factory settings... as if you had not tried to root. Once you have your phone working again, we can then look to root it :)

Just gonna get you the RUU :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
just a couple things...

ignore the part of that guide about active sync. im not even sure what that is! :eek: at this point,you have not personal data to back up anyway,since we have dont wipes in recovery in attempt to install the rom.

since your phone wont boot,youll need to place it in fastboot,and then run the utility. simpy power on into hboot,and after the writing flashes,then select "fastboot" from the menu

Reactions: McBunnz and D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Guys!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed the RUU you told to install. But hy didn't work. So I went for an other one. Shipped ROMs

It's Andoid 2.3.3. But It worked.
I'm Not planning to reroot the phone for a long time.

BUT THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUSSSSHHH FOR HELPING ME!
I tried a lot of forums for help. BUT Androidforums.com is certainly the best Forum in the world. I'm so grateful! I don't know how i could thank you for helping me. It wasn't easy, it didn't work wel. But at the and it worked finally. Thank you so mush for al your time! I will stay on the androidforum and also going to try to help people. And I will write an articel for the people like me with the same problem and i will write a special thanks to (your names) and on the website I'm going to build I'm going to post a link to this site. And if there is any other way i could ever help you. I will always be there. (is there a place I can donate a little bit for the good help?)

Again Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! McBunnz

Upvote 0
Hi,

I bought a desire-z recently that was having the exact same problem as decribed at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks to you guys, we managed to get the phone back on it's feet again.

Many, many thanks!

However, I'm wondering about the following question:

The phone want's to do an update (over the air) and I'm a bit worried things will get messed up again.

The update is called:

OTA_Vision_Gingerbread_S_HTC_WWE_2_42_405_2-1_82_405_1_R_release_199251k3r3wb3a4l4wniec

The phone is s-off at this moment:

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.85.0010
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.04.02.17_M2
eMMC-boot
Dec 27 2010, 22:19:17

And I'm in the Netherlands (and so is the phone;-)

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Christiaan

Upvote 0
if you have not yet installed a custom recovery,there is no harm in letting the phone OTA. you can always install root and recovery after,if you are s-off.

alternatively,you can run an ruu to get youreself on newer firmware,or you can install a recovery,then flash a custom rom(tho flashing a rom in recovery does not update your firmware,just your phones operating system).

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones