• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS... CSC are you eligible for an update?

You're confused! :thinking:

As I understand it...

You are running CSC code OJP and want to update to ICS using Odin.

The LPQ firmware you mention was the very first release for ICS and is older than the LPC firmware for OJP, Samsung have gone back around the alphabet again.

The ICS, Android 4.0.3, file for OJP can be downloaded, here.

When the .zip file is extracted, it contains a multi .tar file that is placed in PDA of Odin, as per the video in post #1.

If you need to revert back to Gingerbread firmware then you download this file here for OJP, Android 2.3.5, and repeat the process with Odin.

Alternatively, if you do not need the language pack for OJP and can use a European one, you can install the latest version of ICS which is cuurrently, LPG for Nordic countries. Full details and instructions are in this thread by rozel.

My advice remains the same as in post #1...

"However, this is for experienced and competent users, as it is not without risk, and will void your warranty if you are flashing a firmware other than that intended for your CSC code."

You could either...

Wait for ICS to be released via Kies for your handset location.

Take it to a Samsung Service Point and see if they will flash it for you.

Pay your mobile shop $100

Hopefully, you now have enough information to make an informed decision. ;)

Upvote 0
You're confused! :thinking:

As I understand it...

You are running CSC code OJP and want to update to ICS using Odin.

The LPQ firmware you mention was the very first release for ICS and is older than the LPC firmware for OJP, Samsung have gone back around the alphabet again.

The ICS, Android 4.0.3, file for OJP can be downloaded, here.

When the .zip file is extracted, it contains a multi .tar file that is placed in PDA of Odin, as per the video in post #1.

If you need to revert back to Gingerbread firmware then you download this file here for OJP, Android 2.3.5, and repeat the process with Odin.

Alternatively, if you do not need the language pack for OJP and can use a European one, you can install the latest version of ICS which is cuurrently, LPG for Nordic countries. Full details and instructions are in this thread by rozel.

My advice remains the same as in post #1...

"However, this is for experienced and competent users, as it is not without risk, and will void your warranty if you are flashing a firmware other than that intended for your CSC code."

You could either...

Wait for ICS to be released via Kies for your handset location.

Take it to a Samsung Service Point and see if they will flash it for you.

Pay your mobile shop $100

Hopefully, you now have enough information to make an informed decision. ;)

/The LPQ firmware you mention was the very first release for ICS and is older than the LPC firmware for OJP, Samsung have gone back around the alphabet again./

That was the key answer. Thanks! Ur the best.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums plainmustard! :)

CSC code UUB can be found in post #2 under Trinidad and Tobago. Was one of the first to receive ICS about 2 months ago.

I have the same problem, I have a CSC code: I9100UUBKI2 and doesn't update to ICS. A friend that have the same phone with code I9100UUBLPE and receive the update. The difference is the 3 last letters that I think is year and month.

Why this is happening if the country in both is Trinidad and Tobago?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, I have a CSC code: I9100UUBKI2 and doesn't update to ICS. A friend that have the same phone with code I9100UUBLPE and receive the update. The difference is the 3 last letters that I think is year and month.

Why this is happening if the country in both is Trinidad and Tobago?

Thanks

Welcome to Android Forums avargasr! :)

There are a number of reasons why a particular handset may not receive the ICS update.

Please refer to, "ICS is available for my code but I cannot update", in post #1.

Upvote 0
Hi All;

Just received my S2 and would like to update. I am in South Africa and all product codes apparently have the new ICS updates available. however,as with many forumites. both Kies and OTA reckon there is no update available.

My device details"
PDA: I9100XWKI4
Phone: I9100XXKI1
CSC: I9100OJCKI1

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Upvote 0
Hi All;

Just received my S2 and would like to update. I am in South Africa and all product codes apparently have the new ICS updates available. however,as with many forumites. both Kies and OTA reckon there is no update available.

My device details"
PDA: I9100XWKI4
Phone: I9100XXKI1
CSC: I9100OJCKI1

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums marubhana! :)

You are correct, ICS for CSC code, OJC, has been out for about a month now.

There are a number of reasons why a particular handset may not receive the ICS update.

Please refer to, "ICS is available for my code but I cannot update", in post #1.

Upvote 0
Hi Ironass,

Excellent post and excellent follow-ups on all replies : )

keep it up excellent work

Following is my story for SGS2 : )

1) My SGS2 code is I9100OJPKJ1 which measn officially I should be able to receive it but I am not getting update via KIES, I bought it from Saudi Arabia and I lived in Saudi. and OJP is for Iraq

2) Now I want to upgrade it to the latest version for 4.0.3 and I want latest firmware, as I understand as you suggested to bewolf on post 206 below is the link for that

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...cs-csc-you-eligible-update-6.html#post4502176

my only query is will that pack also include Arabic support.

Please also confirm that it is the latest firmware for ics 4.0.3

Thanks in advance

Kindly please confirm

Upvote 0
1) My SGS2 code is I9100OJPKJ1 which measn officially I should be able to receive it but I am not getting update via KIES, I bought it from Saudi Arabia and I lived in Saudi. and OJP is for Iraq

2) Now I want to upgrade it to the latest version for 4.0.3 and I want latest firmware, as I understand as you suggested to bewolf on post 206 below is the link for that

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...cs-csc-you-eligible-update-6.html#post4502176

my only query is will that pack also include Arabic support.

Please also confirm that it is the latest firmware for ics 4.0.3

You are correct in saying that OJP is available but there may be any one of a number of reasons, as outlined in post #1, why you are unable to receive it.

The latest version of LPG is for CSC code NEE, (Nordic Countries), and contains the following languages... da,de,en,fi,fr,nl,no,sv.

OJP is, as far as I am aware, the most recent release for ICS that contains the Arabic language pack... ar,en,fr(fa,ur).

For more information on language packs, see here.

Upvote 0
I have a previously enjoyed Galaxy S2, running 2.3.3, which was sold to me as an "unlocked" and at one point "unrooted" phone. I have verified that the phone is not rooted with Root Checker.

The phone's credentials are as follows-

PDA: I9100MUGKG2
PHONE: I9100MUGKG2
CSC: I9100BMCKG2
Build Info: Tue Jul 12 10:19:43 KST 2011

When I log into Kies for Mac there is an update as follows-

PDA LG3/Phone LD3/ CSC LD3(BMC)

My questions are; can I do this update safely considering the phone is unlocked and was at one point rooted? Is this the ICS update?

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums time2split!:)

From the information you have provided, "CSC: I9100BMCKG2", I deduce that you own a Samsung Galaxy S2, "M", variant with the Bell Canada network firmware.

Also the CSC code should read... I9100MBCKG2.

As you correctly guessed, the firmware upgrade you are being offered by Kies is indeed the ICS, (LD3), Android 4.0.3, upgrade for Bell Canada.

Since you are being offered this upgrade, it means that Kies recognises your handset in spite of the unlocking and I can see no reason not to accept it.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums time2split!:)

From the information you have provided, "CSC: I9100BMCKG2", I deduce that you own a Samsung Galaxy S2, "M", variant with the Bell Canada network firmware.

As you correctly guessed, the firmware upgrade you are being offered by Kies is indeed the ICS, (LD3), Android 4.0.3, upgrade for Bell Canada.

Since you are being offered this upgrade, it means that Kies recognises your handset in spite of the unlocking and I can see no reason not to accept it.

Actually the CSC is - I9100MBMCKG2 - if that changes anything. May I also presume that I will be able to continue with my current provider (which is not Bell) after the upgrade?

Upvote 0
Actually the CSC is - I9100MBMCKG2 - if that changes anything. May I also presume that I will be able to continue with my current provider (which is not Bell) after the upgrade?

I know. That's why I wrote...

;)

EDIT: I missed one of the bl**dy M's too! duh!

If it works now, it should be fine after. You may have to re-enter the APN settings for your current provider, manually. So keep a note of them.

Upvote 0
UK carrier, O2, has released an update to its original ICS firmware which came out in March.

For GT-i9100 users on CSC code, O2U, the new update, from the old LP3, (Android 4.0.3), to LPD, (Android 4.0.3), can be had by connecting via Kies.

This new release incorporates a whole raft of improvements to stability and usability and is, IMHO, worth having.

Upvote 0
It would seem that after the initial release of ICS, back in March, that new releases have now slowed almost to a stop in June.

To give you an idea of this slowdown, here is a list of releases by month so far:-

.........GT-i9100.....M..........P.........T............G

March...34.............0...........0..........0...........0

April.....90.............2...........4..........5...........0

May......39.............0...........1..........1...........3

June......3..............0...........0..........0...........0

(The above contains updates to previously released ICS firmware)

Therefore, if you are on carrier branded firmware, now might be a good time to start petitioning your carrier as Samsung cannot release carrier branded firmware until it has been approved and returned by the carrier, to them... if at all, since there is no legal obligation for Samsung or the carriers to update firmware.

Reactions: janvoip
Upvote 0
I have a previously enjoyed Galaxy S2, running 2.3.3, which was sold to me as an "unlocked" and at one point "unrooted" phone. I have verified that the phone is not rooted with Root Checker.

The phone's credentials are as follows-

PDA: I9100MUGKG2
PHONE: I9100MUGKG2
CSC: I9100BMCKG2
Build Info: Tue Jul 12 10:19:43 KST 2011

When I log into Kies for Mac there is an update as follows-

PDA LG3/Phone LD3/ CSC LD3(BMC)

My questions are; can I do this update safely considering the phone is unlocked and was at one point rooted? Is this the ICS update?

Thanks for your valuable assistance...which was very quick I might add. I just did the upgrade to ICS yesterday and it went with one small hitch. Everything functions as it should but I am left with a notice that reads "this device does not have a valid sim card" As you noted this is a Bell phone which was unlocked and is now running on the KOODO network. Is there a way of removing this message?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the posts people. Very helpful.
I have a question for you before I go back to the shop where I got the phone from.
My phone is a SG2 GT-I9100 with android 2.3.3. Not rooted (I checked with root checker).
When connected to KIES my CSC:KF1 (AFR)
However with *#1234# my CSC:I9100OJVKF1
AFR=United Arab Emirates (no ICS available)
OJV=QATAR/TURKEY (ICS available)
KIES says that I have the latest firmware & when I click tools/firmware upgrade&initialization, it says 'GT-I9100 does not support initializing'.
I understand that the supplier of my phone has probably flashed another firmware on top of the factory firmware. Which is it though. AFR flashed over OJV, or OJV flashed over AFR? Which was the original factory version AFR or OJV?
If OJV was the original, can I flash it over what I have now and hopefully receive the available KIES upgrade?

Thanks a LOT for your time and efforts.

Upvote 0
As per post #1, if there has been any changes made to the original firmware, you will not be able to update via Kies.

ICS is available for my code but I cannot update

Provided that your phone has never been rooted, unlocked, flashed or altered in any way, (see next section), then the best advice is to take it to a Samsung Service Point and ask them to update the firmware for you. Alternatively you can use one of the methods described in the following two sections.

It is also emerging that sometimes vendors have been flashing phones with a different firmware prior to sale in an attempt to sell to a wider market.

Upvote 0
Hello ironass,
I bought mine last Sept on Amazon with the following codes:
PDA: I9100UHK2
PHONE: I9100UHK1
CSC: I9100TPAK2

Has the update been released for this CSC?
When I connect it to Kies, it says "this is the latest firmware."
Thanks a lot.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums nba2389! :)

As per post #2, ICS for CSC code TPA, (Panama), has not been released and I wouldn't hold my breath on it. See post #290, here.

I'd not come across the TPA code until recently, see post #217 onwards and the advice I gave BCwrangler.

Basically, your options are laid out in post #1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones