• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS is here!!!!

I'm beginning to hate this Transformer. I have been checking for an update, but still nothing.

My Transformer was rooted before, but I removed root and went back to stock.

I'm currently on build HTK75.US_epad-8.6.5.21-20111216, Android ver 3.2.1 and can't get it to update to ICS.

Updated to ICS earlier this morning. I also got the G+ force closing as well.

Is there a factory reset on the Transformer? If so, will that wipe it to ICS or the the version installed when I bought it?

Just got home here in Dear Old Blighty (Thats the UK Folks) and fired up the Transformer and I am just upgrading to ICS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA

Anybody else having location problems? The GPS is very sketchy..works sometimes..sometimes not. Weather widget thinks I'm in Vegas when I'm in FL. Launch maps and the GPS doesn't start..weird

Updated to ICS earlier this morning. I also got the G+ force closing as well.

Is there a factory reset on the Transformer? If so, will that wipe it to ICS or the the version installed when I bought it?

It will wipe it, but it will still be ICS.

If you clear the cache and data associated with the G+ app, that should sort (it did for me).

Any one else had random reboots?

Anybody else having location problems? The GPS is very sketchy..works sometimes..sometimes not. Weather widget thinks I'm in Vegas when I'm in FL. Launch maps and the GPS doesn't start..weird

It worked fine for me. GPS was on in maps and it found my location pretty quickly.

Miami here, installed.

Stupid question but what new things will ICS bring to the Transformer? Ive noticed that typing on forums doesn't lag as much, I installed Chrome which is pretty cool, some things look a little different but other than that, what should I be looking for? Are there new apps I can download?

Miami here, installed.

Stupid question but what new things will ICS bring to the Transformer? Ive noticed that typing on forums doesn't lag as much, I installed Chrome which is pretty cool, some things look a little different but other than that, what should I be looking for? Are there new apps I can download?

The look and feel of it, ICS also unifies the tablet and phone experience (I can't think of another suitable word). The difference 3.x & 4.x is summarised here: Difference Between Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) | Difference Between

Spefically to the Transformer, I've not had much of an opportunity to play about with things, but so far, I've noticed pretty much the same as you. To me, it looks and feels a lot more polished.

After playing with it a few hours I regret accepting the ugrade. Apps force closing, laggy, wifi connection is not as solid, GPS sucks. I just don't see what ICS brings to the table except for some nebulous claims of "unifying" the tablet and phone experience.

Going to Reboot, but in the 45mins to an hour it's been installed, I've had an error telling me Google+ has stopped about 4 times.

Any one else seeing that?

I've had it installed for about 4 hours, I haven't actually USED G+ yet, but I haven't had any sort of an error yet, on any app. I just fired up G+ to see if it's going to complain.

After playing with it a few hours I regret accepting the ugrade. Apps force closing, laggy, wifi connection is not as solid, GPS sucks. I just don't see what ICS brings to the table except for some nebulous claims of "unifying" the tablet and phone experience.

FLD, if you haven't already, do a reboot or two.
If that doesn't work then you may have to do the dreaded factory reset. I haven't had a chance to REALLY play with mine yet (damned work), but it's been very stable for me. After it finished auto-downloading my apps I rebooted, just because that what I always do with a new ROM.
BTW, I wouldn't expect it to make a difference, but I didn't get the update via OTA because I had CWM installed. Instead I flashed one of the stock ROMs that got created this morning.

I did 'Option B' from this site, for those of you who might be looking for a ROM.
[ROM] ICS - CWM flashable - xda-developers

Well, I've been using it for a couple of hours and haven't noticed any problems. In fact, browsing and typing seem smoother/snappier. Maps and location seem fine.

It actually seems to have fixed a wifi glitch I had with my work wifi. Previously, even though my work wifi was remembered, and it showed as connected, I didn't have internet access unless I disconnected, connected to another hotspot, disconnected from that and reconnected to the work hotspot. I had to use my phone as a temp hotspot to do this. Naturally, that was a pain the butt. Now, it just connects like it does everywhere else.

Not sure if it's due to ICS, but nothing else has changed. Oh, and I think ICS made me smarter, and women like me more.

FLD, if you haven't already, do a reboot or two.
If that doesn't work then you may have to do the dreaded factory reset. I haven't had a chance to REALLY play with mine yet (damned work), but it's been very stable for me. After it finished auto-downloading my apps I rebooted, just because that what I always do with a new ROM.
BTW, I wouldn't expect it to make a difference, but I didn't get the update via OTA because I had CWM installed. Instead I flashed one of the stock ROMs that got created this morning.

I did 'Option B' from this site, for those of you who might be looking for a ROM.
[ROM] ICS - CWM flashable - xda-developers

I'll try rebooting and see how it goes. Hate to factory reset, but may have to. Not sure it would help the gps though because the little circle just sits there empty..no flashing or blinking so something's definitely up there. Too bad too because I was hoping to use this thing for navigating on an upcoming trip. May have to sell it and get the Prime

Upgraded this afternoon. Sweet! No problems that I can see. Everything does seem snappier. Now all I've got to do is figure out how things work differently.

I'll try rebooting and see how it goes. Hate to factory reset, but may have to. Not sure it would help the gps though because the little circle just sits there empty..no flashing or blinking so something's definitely up there. Too bad too because I was hoping to use this thing for navigating on an upcoming trip. May have to sell it and get the Prime

Maps on mine is force closing, Navigation is working fine though. I also have a navigation app for use on the water, it's working also. So the problem doesn't seem to be with the GPS itself - at least on mine.

You may want to hold off on the Prime, apparently GPS was a big issue on that too.

Hopefully, you won't need to replace though.

Oh, and I think ICS made me smarter, and women like me more.

Me too!

Anyway I get an annoying battery symbol popping up at random moments, in lots of different apps. I had one random reboot, all apps seem to be working fine. GPS and Google/ Mapdroyd maps seem to be working fine.

Install went with no problems. Took a little longer than the estimated 10 minutes. Maybe 18 to 20. I wasn't timing it. i didn't like the long pause after it optimized my 182 apps. I thought it had frozen. I waited (2 minutes) and everything was fine.

A little laggy at first, It must be recaching everything cause it's speeding up at time goes on.

Of course the first thing I did was install Chrome Beta!

Maps on mine is force closing, Navigation is working fine though. I also have a navigation app for use on the water, it's working also. So the problem doesn't seem to be with the GPS itself - at least on mine.

Oh look, Hoto's talking to himself... :)

I flashed a ROM made from the Asus update over the top of the full ROM I'd flashed previously (the difference between replacing everything, and just replacing/updating the files that Asus had in the OTA) and Maps is no longer force closing, and it locked on to a GPS signal OK.

And I'm more please/impressed with this update than I expected to be. :)

Just finished my upgrade and I'm far more impressed than I thought I would be - Browsing is faster, and typing in text boxes such as this one I'm using now are much more responsive and there is no appreciable lag on input - fantastic.

I was expecting ICS to be a more minor update than it seems to be on current limited use.

Nice one Asus.

Yes!! All Latin America owners! The update is ready! Installing as we speak!! I have a e-hard on atm!!

Love you guys! The moment is here!!

PS: turbohobbit you'll have to buy me a beer as money is nothing to me!

Back
Top Bottom