• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In praise of a small screen phone

Jerry-rigged

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2010
Texas
A few weeks ago, I drowned my GNex (for the second time). I've been running this phone for about a year and a half, and decided instead of paying to replace it, I would just re-activate my old Motorola Droid (OG).

About three days in, as I was leaving work, per my habit, I put the phone on my car charger, and glanced at the battery meter - wholly cow, 80%?!? my Gnex us normally about about 10-20% at the end of my work day... Then a few days ago, I forget to charge it overnight, bedtime on day 2, still had 20% battery... I am digging this, and had forgotten how much adjusting I had to do for battery life when I got my GNex. Granted, some of my favorite games won't play on the older OG, but still...

So is making me think of getting a small screen phone instead of the GS4 or Note 3 I have been wanting... So, talk to me Goose - what is the low down on the Razr M? Good battery life, like 2 days with moderate usage? Enough CPU power and ram for modern games (Kingdom Conquest II is my current battery burner)? How is the bloatware, will I need to root it? (My OG was rooted, ROM'ed, Over clocked, and under-volted, but I never felt the need with the GNex)

I realize I am among Razr M fans here, but what are the downsides to this phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones