• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Danvdh ROMs

What is the world coming to? AOSP ROMs? Dirty Flashes ?

I despair..................

Not as much as if you stayed on he Hobbit phone, (Note 3), forum. This is cutting edge flashing on here with Android 4.4.3.

..... Joining in the fun off to get one (A SGS4 that is) tomorrow :)

about time you left the knitting circle and came to where the action is. ;)

Back on topic... the latest release from Danvdh, 06/06/2014, seems very stable and reliable with a good overnight reading. At Hawker's suggestion I'm giving the faux123 kernel a go and whilst it is not as configurable as Ktoonsez, it is very efficient and battery friendly with no reboots or FC's.

I can't really see me going back to Android 4.4.2 now. :)

Upvote 0
There is going to be another update tonight which includes a few minor bug fixes.

However, the big thing is that he is going to also start releasing a pure nexus version which will have all his tweaks such as extended power menu etc. But theme wise it will be nexus so sms, contacts dialer etc will be stock.
I'm trying to persuade him to just have one complete rom fur download and release a small zip that will convert this main rom to/from pure vanilla. We shall see.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
Not as much as if you stayed on he Hobbit phone, (Note 3), forum. This is cutting edge flashing on here with Android 4.4.3.

about time you left the knitting circle and came to where the action is. ;)

Back on topic... the latest release from Danvdh, 06/06/2014, seems very stable and reliable with a good overnight reading. At Hawker's suggestion I'm giving the faux123 kernel a go and whilst it is not as configurable as Ktoonsez, it is very efficient and battery friendly with no reboots or FC's.

I can't really see me going back to Android 4.4.2 now. :)

Still not sure whether to leave the cm rom and join the 4.4.3 party.....

In case I do, do you have a working link to the faux kernel please Mr ass, and which version does one use?

Upvote 0
Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0
GOOGLE EDITIONS 4.4.3 by Danvdh 06/07/2014 are up! :)

BOGOF offer! (Buy One, Get One Free)

Pure standard Nexus or themed builds.

"06/07/2014
-Framework-res ringtone translation fixed across all languages
-App ops enabled in Settings
-Google dialer has been themed Carbon
-Uploaded a Pure Nexus ROM with no themes, just a pure vanilla Android experience for those users who just want to keep it as close to stock as possible
"

Right children. Are we paying attention? This is where it could get confusing...

The Pure Nexus Edition ROM is labelled as such, here. The download file is called...

PureNexus-Danvdh-GE-4.4.3-06072014-INT.zip

The dialler remains the same...

The themed Google Edition ROM is confusingly labelled, "Standard build", here. The download file is called...

danvdh-GE-4.4.3-06072014-INT.zip

This could be confusing as Dan is using the previous stock file naming convention for the themed edition. The only change that I can see, so far, is the dialler, not contacts, (which remain white), is Carbon...

I hate to say it but Hawker is right when he says...

I'm trying to persuade him to just have one complete rom fur download and release a small zip that will convert this main rom to/from pure vanilla. We shall see.

It would be much easier to understand if it was one, stock, standard, pure, Google Edition ROM with a flashable .zip for the Carbon dialler theme, which incidentally I don't particularly like as the Contacts are still white.

Even more confusing, for me, is that they both save with identical file names in a nandroid backup. :hmmmm:

I hope that this clarifies thing for you. :hmmmm2:

Source

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Any time you need your ego massaging, just ask.....

And should one download and try faux kernel, is there anywhere to get the kt kernel version bundled in the rom as it's not yet up on the kt xda page (in case there is a need to revert back).

Unfortunately, at the moment, the only way I know of to get that particular KT release is to flash Dan's ROM or restore a nandroid.

Upvote 0
:hahaha: Don't beat about the bush Syd... just make sure you're wearing a big, thick, woolly jumper when you do though!

I opted for buying Hawker a drink. Usually does the trick and seemed the lesser of 2 evils.

the-lesser-of-two-weevils.jpg

I'd stick to giving a hand shandy and save the

Upvote 0
GOOGLE EDITION 4.4.3 by Danvdh 06/08/2014 is up! :)

"06/08/2014
-Vibration intensity reduced on back/menu/hold home haptic feedback, was way overkill with stock values
-H+ icon will now show when H+ is available, H will show otherwise
-Superuser updated to latest
-Framework-res translation for the clock app is fixed, Ringtone array is flawless now in all languages (Samsung/Google derp fixed
-Dialer is now Carbon Holo (Standard build only, doesn't effect pure Nexus)
-Contacts is now Carbon Holo (Standard build only, doesn't effect pure Nexus)
-Novalauncher updated (Standard build only)
-Optional flash for the battery icon got an update
"

Download

Source

(See post #6455 on Danvdh's GE thread on xda. I nearly choked on a bacardi and coke last night. ;) )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones