• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Unbrick LG G2

hi, i had cloudy g2 3.0 installed on my lg g2. i connected it to lg support tool and it recognized my phone as f320 K. i started downloading update. after downloading, it got stuck at 9 %. i entered in to download mode and it worked but again stopped at 99 % . i suppose my phone installed bootloader as it shows "alleh" logo only when i turn it on (i thnk its korean carrir). i m downloading update again via download mode. i want to ask, what went wrong?, any idea?

Upvote 0
LG Support Tool as recognized my phone too, but he made nothing, because i'm flashed the wrong model, and in flash tools have Flag F320S. I think your your only way out is force QHUSB_BULK.
Is not hard to do

Yeah you are right, it does recognize the phone but thats all.
I will probably do just that then. Thanks for your help guys, ill report back with further info.

BTW, Device manager shows LGE AndroidNet USB Modem...

Upvote 0
you need force qhsusb_bulk

I am stuck at a weird situation. Before bricking, my phone's firmware was D80220b, and that is what was detected by the LG support tool as well. However, after checking the inside i found out its actually D800! Which version img files should I flash??
I managed to force qhsusb_bulk mode. But I am now confused as to which files I should flash.

Awaiting responses. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I am stuck at a weird situation. Before bricking, my phone's firmware was D80220b, and that is what was detected by the LG support tool as well. However, after checking the inside i found out its actually D800! Which version img files should I flash??
I managed to force qhsusb_bulk mode. But I am now confused as to which files I should flash.

Awaiting responses. Thanks in advance.

D800 aboot, boot, dbi, laf, rpm, sbl1, and tz to regain download mode. Then you can flash a D800 tot via lg flash tools from download mode. Flash the tot, along with the 8974 dll found earlier in this thread. You will have D800 firmware which you won't be able to update via OTA but you can root, recovery (d800) and custom rom your way forward or bump your way up to and including lollipop. For that though, you'd want to flash straight to a KitKat tot:

https://mega.co.nz/#!gBxxwQQa!Bm0AcuEs3f8et8OrJoUZTKSm9FDhMzRzzKPmjTDbpn4

Basically, you treat your phone as a d800 in every way from now forward.

Upvote 0
D800 aboot, boot, dbi, laf, rpm, sbl1, and tz to regain download mode. Then you can flash a D800 tot via lg flash tools from download mode. Flash the tot, along with the 8974 dll found earlier in this thread. You will have D800 firmware which you won't be able to update via OTA but you can root, recovery (d800) and custom rom your way forward or bump your way up to and including lollipop. For that though, you'd want to flash straight to a KitKat tot:

https://mega.co.nz/#!gBxxwQQa!Bm0AcuEs3f8et8OrJoUZTKSm9FDhMzRzzKPmjTDbpn4

Basically, you treat your phone as a d800 in every way from now forward.

Thanks for the reply man! Appreciate it!
The link you shared is indeed for KitKat tot right?

Upvote 0
Finally got the Download mode working!! :D
Cant thank you guys enough!
My question now is, cant I just use the kdz via support tool? And what for do I need the dll file?
If you are using the kdz tool, you only need the kdz. In that event, use the "cse" flash method in the tool.

A dll is only needed if you are using the tot method. In that case there are two target files, the tot and a device dll.

Upvote 0
If you are using the kdz tool, you only need the kdz. In that event, use the "cse" flash method in the tool.

A dll is only needed if you are using the tot method. In that case there are two target files, the tot and a device dll.

Used tot and dll. Now in stock att. Can I upgrade to italian lollipop via kdz flash? What would you recommend as the best possible way to get lollipop.

Also on a different topic, before when I had the D802 rom i had 3g working. Now it does not work. I am in Germany Europe.

Upvote 0
Could you suggest something? What can I do to make it work?
Is flashing the italian (or any other european for that matter) lollipop a good idea?

I'm not sure I'd try flashing d802 stock system.img onto a d800 phone. You could try though, I'm honestly not sure what the consequences of that would be. If you feel adventurous you could try flashing a bump'd twrp and a bump'd boot.img along with the LP modem and system. Otherwise, root, custom recovery and a rom such as Cloudy or another which is intended for multiple devices.

Upvote 0
hi sir please help me step by step with teamviewer am new on this things i installed a lollipop costume rom and then flashed the wron recovery and am in the same situation like you plz plz plz plz plz plz plz help you are my last hope plz email me maleknatalmov@gmail.com and whene you are ready with team viewer plz reply

What situation exactly? Can you access recovery? Or are you stuck at the 5 blue dot download mode?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones