• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Unbrick LG G2

What situation exactly? Can you access recovery? Or are you stuck at the 5 blue dot download mode?
yes befor i had a hard brick i stuck at the 5 dot download mode and then i flashed the wrong img files with fastboot and now
no recovery no download mode Secure booting error when boot lg logo and then black screen when the phone still on
+ befor all that i flashed a lollipop costume rom and flashed the wrong recovery
plz help sir am stuck the hole week

Upvote 0
yes befor i had a hard brick i stuck at the 5 dot download mode and then i flashed the wrong img files with fastboot and now
no recovery no download mode Secure booting error when boot lg logo and then black screen when the phone still on
+ befor all that i flashed a lollipop costume rom and flashed the wrong recovery
plz help sir am stuck the hole week

What does the device manager on your pc show upon connecting your phone via uusb?

Upvote 0
Pleeeeeeeeeeease i need a heeeeeeeeeelpe!!!!!! :(
hello everyone, thank you for the sharing ... i think i got the biggest problem in this forum, i really do, well... i have LG G2 802 32go , i flashed it with the wrong KDZ i think it was for 16go version, and now!! i have the same problem that you were talkin about ! i mean it stocks on the logo, no download mode no recovery mode , only fastboot! the defference is when i connect it with the cable the computer detects it ( please check the pictures) , and when i try to erase the partition or boot the laf.img it stocks and nothing happens :( , pleaaaaaaaaaaaase helpe me :(
vide.jpg

Upvote 0
Pleeeeeeeeeeease i need a heeeeeeeeeelpe!!!!!! :(
hello everyone, thank you for the sharing ... i think i got the biggest problem in this forum, i really do, well... i have LG G2 802 32go , i flashed it with the wrong KDZ i think it was for 16go version, and now!! i have the same problem that you were talkin about ! i mean it stocks on the logo, no download mode no recovery mode , only fastboot! the defference is when i connect it with the cable the computer detects it ( please check the pictures) , and when i try to erase the partition or boot the laf.img it stocks and nothing happens :( , pleaaaaaaaaaaaase helpe me :(
View attachment 92184

You may have multiple issues going on here. First and foremost, you'll need to remove your back cover and take a picture of your internals. Then post it here for our review.

Upvote 0
img011.jpg
View attachment 92186
You may have multiple issues going on here. First and foremost, you'll need to remove your back cover and take a picture of your internals. Then post it here for our review.
thanks fo the answer well ! i 've took a picture , you'll see writing D801/D803 , i think they changed it inside, but i remember befor i flash it when i go to setting>propo to the phone> D802 !! wich means the mother card is for D802 , and when i press the power button+up+down i find my imei

Upvote 0
View attachment 92187 View attachment 92186
thanks fo the answer well ! i 've took a picture , you'll see writing D801/D803 , i think they changed it inside, but i remember befor i flash it when i go to setting>propo to the phone> D802 !! wich means the mother card is for D802 , and when i press the power button+up+down i find my imei

The settings in the phone's software can be erroneous because the sellers are either flashing a D802 rom onto these devices or a D802 system.img to make them appear a D802. Checking for device s/w by imei is no good either because it's pinging the servers as a false D802 but is being reported as a D802 nonetheless. Unfortunately in your case the only way to tell would be to remove the motherboard and look on the underside of it for the true model. In most all D801/D803 cases, it ends up being a D801 but you cannot be sure without seeing the motherboard.

Reactions: mikaell_bodom
Upvote 0
The settings in the phone's software can be erroneous because the sellers are either flashing a D802 rom onto these devices or a D802 system.img to make them appear a D802. Checking for device s/w by imei is no good either because it's pinging the servers as a false D802 but is being reported as a D802 nonetheless. Unfortunately in your case the only way to tell would be to remove the motherboard and look on the underside of it for the true model. In most all D801/D803 cases, it ends up being a D801 but you cannot be sure without seeing the motherboard.
I'm afraid to open it but i'll try ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
motherboard00.jpg
fastboot.jpg

you were right bro!!! it's a D801 32Go check the pictures please
now what to do ? this device is 32Go i could find only solutions for 16go, i have downloaded the mini SDK and i connected the phone (in the root of my pc), open the command prompt and navigate to that directory , after that type : fastboot devices , i had "?" so i thought it worked, then i type : fastboot reboot to test if it's really working, and here is the problem!! i wated it 1 hour nothing happened

Last edited:
Upvote 0
then i type : fastboot reboot to test if it's really working, and here is the problem!! i wated it 1 hour nothing happened

Did you apply any Drivers for fastboot? The PDAnet Drivers typically work pretty well for this device. If you've already done that, then we have a separate issue and you're going to have to short the motherboard capacitors to get bulk mode.

Upvote 0
we have a separate issue and you're going to have to short the motherboard capacitors to get bulk mode.
sorry i haven't understood, witch drivers you're talkin about? i 've installed Lg drivers normaly as you see in the picture, and i tried again with PDAnet , the phone is detected by the computer, but i can not reboot the device from fastboot
half.jpg

Upvote 0
sorry i haven't understood, witch drivers you're talkin about? i 've installed Lg drivers normaly as you see in the picture, and i tried again with PDAnet , the phone is detected by the computer, but i can not reboot the device from fastboot View attachment 92278

Right so you have what I call a Lollipop fastboot brick. This means the phone detects fastboot commands but will not process them. The only way out of this that I have found to work is shorting the motherboard capacitors to try and get bulk mode (9006). This is how:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/general/lg-g2-unbrickable-fix-real-hard-brick-t2904404

If you can successfully get bulk mode, then you can restore either using Linux or by using the SRK tool found at xda developers which works on Windows. Just be sure you flash D801 partitions to the phone. Then once you have download mode working again (via the fixed partitions), then you can flash a D801 tot using LG Flash Tools to complete the restoration process.

Upvote 0
The only way out of this that I have found to work is shorting the motherboard capacitors to try and get bulk mode (9006). This is how:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/general/lg-g2-unbrickable-fix-real-hard-brick-t2904404
i read it but it's not my case!!
1.LG G2 stuck at boot logo.
2.Cannot enter download Mode
3.Stuck at factory reset screen (factory reset processing) and cannot enter RECOVERY
4.I can enter fastboot mode
5.My phone is detected in my computer

Upvote 0
i read it but it's not my case!!
1.LG G2 stuck at boot logo.
2.Cannot enter download Mode
3.Stuck at factory reset screen (factory reset processing) and cannot enter RECOVERY
4.I can enter fastboot mode
5.My phone is detected in my computer

I understand that but you don't have a WORKING fastboot mode. That guide was written prior to this new problem of phones that don't accept fastboot commands.

You can try using sudo fastboot command instead and see if that works. Won't hurt to try.

Upvote 0
His situation was much more forgiving. He flashed firmware which resulted in a wrong model error when trying to use lg flash tools. Your situation is that you have no way to interface the phone to repair it. The download mode with the blue dots is worthless, not the real download mode you need. So the option then is to force qhsusb_bulk mode by shorting the pins on the mobo. That's the last call saloon for a way to interface the phone but we are lucky we have it or you'd already be in an unrepairable state right now short of replacing the mobo.
I do this method , now i am in qhsusb_bulk mode but the problem is that partitions are not showing. plz help

Upvote 0
Hi there guys, this is my first post here on AF so thanks for bearing with me and sorry if I kinda crash this thread... I still have to figure out how AF works on Tapatalk as I don't find any device (G2) specific sub-forum sections...

I've registered here just yesterday after realizing that people were actually much more helpful about the LG G2 than the kind of support given on xda. In fact, it's when I saw that users like @iowabowtech are still hanging around threads and giving very helpful advice for a 2 years old device (and a big thank you for that btw) that I've decided to signup.
OK, now that I got that out, here's my headache:

I'd really like to buy a LG G2, but this thread (and a few others here and on xda/ frandroid), make me really nervous about the d802: will I just buy a fake one and be stuck not being able to install a custom recovery?

I was thinking that I will ask the seller if he can guaranty me that internals are all d802, I would go and risk it. And maybe kind of try to put pressure on him by telling him that if I see the MB or ribbon cable showing otherwise, I would report him as selling counterfeit products. A bit harsh approach, but that should hopefully get the truth out about it...

So anyhow, 1st post long enough: again sorry for crashing with this somewhat O-T post.

So what I'd like to know is: do you think it is a good approach to this (ask seller) and is there anything else I can do to minimize the risk of getting a fake d802?

Thanks and see you aroud AF with good news and no G2 unbricking questions I hope.

Cheers,
/AL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones