• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is anyone returning this phone?

nguyen18

So I have turned everything off: GPS, WiFi, Autosync, Brightness all the way down, manual sync on everything. After letting the phone sit for 30 minutes, my battery was already down 10 percent. This is really frustrating. Last night I went to bed at 2am with 90% battery, woke up randomly at 7am and saw that there was less than 15% battery.. I turned my network off and wifi. What's the deal?

So I have turned everything off: GPS, WiFi, Autosync, Brightness all the way down, manual sync on everything. After letting the phone sit for 30 minutes, my battery was already down 10 percent. This is really frustrating. Last night I went to bed at 2am with 90% battery, woke up randomly at 7am and saw that there was less than 15% battery.. I turned my network off and wifi. What's the deal?

I just bumped charged for the first time (have to do it a lot to stick) I have been using my phone for 30 mins and I am down to only 97%

I am tomorrow if this whole data dropping issue isn't fixed. No 4g in a 4g area and going from 3G to nothing in a matter of seconds over and over

Not I...

After having the phone for 3 days I feel it is living up to the hype! 10 hours battery life using only 4G today, 20 hours of using only WiFi yesterday...I can deal with that.

I might have to return this specific phone if my charging issue isn't solved soon, but only for a TB that actually works. Unless it's just my USB cable, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Dropped it off at FedEx this morning to send back. Battery sucked big time.

Man you guys turn your back to quickly dam just because of battery life?Maybe you should of bought the longer battery one and been alright.People these days.

I don't understand how anyone can know after a couple of days if they want to return his/her phone already?? You cannot even discover what all the phone is capable of without giving it a decent amount of time. I took mine today with me when I went offshore fishing, hoping to take pics of HUGE fish, and I had my Thunderbolt fully charged. After about 4 hours of fishing, I got it to take a picture and NOTHING! It would not turn on. Brought it home, put it on charge and it came right on, I still don't want to return it. Maybe I forgot something that caused the battery to drain so quickly...

I'm still not certain. Even with 4G turned off, the phone is faster - the faster CPU really speeds up page rendering on complex pages.

However, I didn't buy this phone to have a slightly faster 3G phone. I wanted a 4G phone. I got a good 12 hours out of the battery today, but my Droid X is on track for a 20 hour day.

Either way, I can't return it this weekend - not until my number finishes porting (Verizon locks the line while a port is in progress.) Once the port is done, and the battery has broken in a little better, I'm going to make a decision.. probably sometime late next week.

I know how people can judge it after only acouple of days, i did it with the wifes IPhone 4. I used it for one day and not for me. I know its not apples to apples but you get it. You can usually tell if its for you in a day or two, specially if you have had a android before. I am not due for a upgrade till may so I am just sitting back and watching what goes on. I was at another VZW store, 2nd one since release day, looking for a cover for my X and I asked about the TB. Reps told me the same thing thats going on here battery sucks. Also told me they are not selling. I figured it would be out of stock by now and apparently they have plenty.

No way! It's a keeper.

I guess if you don't like it, you don't like it. But you still have 11 days left to test it out....

People that say that it has battery life just give it some time. I just bumped charged and its working great now.. Cant wait till I dont have to bump anymore and it just knows when its 100%

I have been at the racetrack since 12 today and all I lost was money. My battery had over 60% left at 7 with moderate use. Keeper for me.

. Cant wait till I dont have to bump anymore and it just knows when its 100%
That day is never going to come. Bump charging is a way of life with HTC devices. I've been bump charging since I got a Nexus One well over a year ago. The only way to stop bump charging is to hope developers can get the battery calibrator application in the market working on the Thunderbolt.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.jonrichards.batterycalibrator.ui&feature=search_result

Right now it only works on the Nexus One and you have to be rooted. I doubt they can, and we'll be bump charging for as long as we own the T-Bolt. It's just something you have to accept when purchasing HTC.:)

No way!! This phone is a BEAST! Seriously, though, It's been 3 days since launch, give it some time people! Everyone's complained about all of HTC's batteries (Eris, Inc, EVO, now Bolt) when they launched and things eventually settled in. Looking further down the road, once the bolt gets rooted and custom kerenls come out this will be the best phone on VZW for a long, long time!

BTW, I just noticed I'm getting 4G at my house now so I'm pretty happy about that :D

People that say that it has battery life just give it some time. I just bumped charged and its working great now.. Cant wait till I dont have to bump anymore and it just knows when its 100%

Yeah...I'm chuckling because of the people that said battery life won't improve. After all, many people said that on the first day.

I just don't understand how people can make such quick judgments about thing like battery life, overall stability, etc. I get the "I just don't like the phone" types of responses. I understand those people that say it's too big, or too heavy, etc. Those are personal preferences that probably won't change. But battery life?

After 3 days, I'm just now beginning to gather enough info to gain insight as to what normal battery life will look like. Maybe I'm just not as bright :confused:

After 3 days, I'm just now beginning to gather enough info to gain insight as to what normal battery life will look like. Maybe I'm just not as bright :confused:
Well some of us have owned multiple HTC and Android devices and can evaluate battery life much earlier than this. I mean yeah battery life will improve with the first 6-10 cycles, but not THAT much. It is still what it is. It's a 1400Mah battery with a 4.3in screen. A recipe for battery drain.

The battery life doesn't bother me as I knew what it would be like going in. My Nexus One was like this until I rooted. I went from 8 hours battery life to 25-30 moderate to heavy use with a better ROM.

Back
Top Bottom