• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues with usb mounting, syncing and more!

sexyington

im running mikg 3.11v right now for the last month.The last few days i have been unable to disk mount the sd card with using the USB cable. Nor is it letting me use any of the other settings besides charge only. I have never been able to use sync with evo 4g it always gives me issues and pops up an error code. i know my usb cable is good and my laptop is good, i have tried all usb ports with no success. i was thinking it maybe the drivers but i wldnt no where to go to get updated drivers for the htv evo 4g. i need help on being able to disk mount the sd card with using the USB cable again.

thank you!

im running mikg 3.11v right now for the last month.The last few days i have been unable to disk mount the sd card with using the USB cable. Nor is it letting me use any of the other settings besides charge only. I have never been able to use sync with evo 4g it always gives me issues and pops up an error code. i know my usb cable is good and my laptop is good, i have tried all usb ports with no success. i was thinking it maybe the drivers but i wldnt no where to go to get updated drivers for the htv evo 4g. i need help on being able to disk mount the sd card with using the USB cable again.

thank you!

you can try the latest htc sync. you really do not need the program, but the drivers that come with it.

here is the latest htc sync:
HTC Sync 3.2.20

if that does not work then you can try this fix:
[ How-To ] Fix SD card not being detected & USB port not working - xda-developers

palm to the face!!

i forgot i changed the kernel manager from -SENSE-AnthraX-2.6.38.6 to Toastmod-4.3.4-4.3.4-447-netarchy_cfs-havs-more-sbc-universal-signed. last night i changed it back to anthra and it works fine now. still cant sync but ill live. i was looking for a good kernel with sbc.

palm to the face!!

i forgot i changed the kernel manager from -SENSE-AnthraX-2.6.38.6 to Toastmod-4.3.4-4.3.4-447-netarchy_cfs-havs-more-sbc-universal-signed. last night i changed it back to anthra and it works fine now. still cant sync but ill live. i was looking for a good kernel with sbc.

Isn't that a froyo kernel? That was probably your issue.

I would suggest staying away from using programs to install ROMS or kernels.

Based on what you provided I have no clue what build of anthrax your actually running (3,4, or 9) and flashing things manually forces you to do some reasearch and learn about the kernel before you arbitrarily pick one.

If you want SBC charging use ca1nes underworld kernel.

I would suggest staying away from using programs to install ROMS or kernels.
I'm starting to loose it :bawling:
I can't find where the OP stated they used something like the buggy RM. Great advice you give damn good advice just wish I wasn't loosing it (Ok so maybe I don't wish it but still) :D

palm to the face!!

I'm starting to loose it :bawling:
I can't find where the OP stated they used something like the buggy RM. Great advice you give damn good advice just wish I wasn't loosing it (Ok so maybe I don't wish it but still) :D

Wasn't in the OP :p.

Kernel Manager is usually ok to use to download some kernels you can't get elsewhere, but you never want to flash with it.

Wasn't in the OP :p.

Kernel Manager is usually ok to use to download some kernels you can't get elsewhere, but you never want to flash with it.

Kewl Beans

Sexy always ask if you had installed an AOSP Kernel it could have wreaked havoc on your phone.

Back
Top Bottom