• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It's out! It's out! No more rumors!

The Apple chipsets are more powerful. A7 will not have competition until the 810, but the A8 will be out before it.

That's not the point.

Why is someone asking or wishing for an Apple chip in a Samsung flagship?

That's what the "what" was for...

That's not the point.

Why is someone asking or wishing for an Apple chip in a Samsung flagship?

That's what the "what" was for...

Because it is a better chip :) Wishes ain't reality ;) Game emulators are a main gaming use on Android for me. The A7 cpu power destroys current Android used chips and the 810 next year will be the first challenge to that. The A8 though supposed to be 20% more powerful for CPU than the A7.

GPU though they are all getting closer to equal. CPU is the real area for improvement.

Will be an interesting battle!

Added: Side note- This device still does not have a lot of pre-launch buzz. My guess is a lot of folks that would have got the N4 already got G3's. Just a hunch. Most folks are light to medium users, so the G3 is fine in that regard. Contrast is not good, but your eyes adjust to it.

Really thinking we are seeing the end of the Samsung dominance for flagships. The pressure really goes up if LG releases the 805 version of the G3 this fall. Will likely be priced lower than the N4, so would hurt N4 sales even more.

Must admit the G3 with an 805 and better display tech would be very appealing. Catch is the display tech on the G3 805 is the same as current G3.

Still not much news since few days ago when we get some peek photos.

I am going to measure the N3 so that my wife can start making me a cloth pouch for my new N4. It will be sew and has a velcro flap.

Still not much news since few days ago when we get some peek photos.

I am going to measure the N3 so that my wife can start making me a cloth pouch for my new N4. It will be sew and has a velcro flap.

-EDIT- My mistake, it was visually impaired, not hearing impaired.
Well, sammobile released info about incorporating something new for the visually impaired. Phandroid posted an article this morning

http://phandroid.com/2014/08/20/note-4-ultrasonic-cover/

Because it is a better chip :) Wishes ain't reality ;) Game emulators are a main gaming use on Android for me. The A7 cpu power destroys current Android used chips and the 810 next year will be the first challenge to that. The A8 though supposed to be 20% more powerful for CPU than the A7.

GPU though they are all getting closer to equal. CPU is the real area for improvement.

Will be an interesting battle!

Added: Side note- This device still does not have a lot of pre-launch buzz. My guess is a lot of folks that would have got the N4 already got G3's. Just a hunch. Most folks are light to medium users, so the G3 is fine in that regard. Contrast is not good, but your eyes adjust to it.

Really thinking we are seeing the end of the Samsung dominance for flagships. The pressure really goes up if LG releases the 805 version of the G3 this fall. Will likely be priced lower than the N4, so would hurt N4 sales even more.

Must admit the G3 with an 805 and better display tech would be very appealing. Catch is the display tech on the G3 805 is the same as current G3.
LG messed up releasing the G3 with an 801,its a mess. Lag, stutter overheating etc, then they have the cheek to launch an updated version a few months later (almost certainly worldwide).
A G3 with an 805 will be great but the display tech is still more power hungry and than Samsung's new QHD tech. Its a bit of a trade off, the sleek looks of the G3 Vs the battery friendly Note 4.

The G3 heat will not be helped much if any with the 805. The main heat causer and maker is the display tech. Samsung should watch out though when LG gets better tech for Qhd.

The G3 heat will not be helped much if any with the 805. The main heat causer and maker is the display tech. Samsung should watch out though when LG gets better tech for Qhd.
You're right. The 805 G3 will still thermal throttle heavily because of heat due to its power hungry display. The Note 4 should be much better.

I agree. Screen resolution has ceased to be a selling point or factor to me. SoC as well as RAM.

I'm looking for flawless software and useful services now.

I want something like iMessage and Xiaomi is actually looking attractive to me because they have that. I can easily convince friends to jump ship with me to that OEM if I show them that.

Samsung can do that if they integrate ChatON IM into the Messages app, though.

Would also like better stock media software too, unless Google spins off Photos soon, but it does not edit video and Samsung video editor is weak. Want S Voice to get a bit faster with voice recognition.

I don't have all that many qualms with the Note Software capabilities beyond that.

Oh, and remove Beauty Mode default for FFC FFS! Seriously, Samsung?

Is flawless software and useful service vertical or horizontal scaling?

What about gadgets like UV and heart sensor. Vertical or horizontal scaling?

Phones these days are vertical or horizontal scaling?

Don't know if it can be used this way. :-)

new camera details. essentially it's a sensor in landscape mode that has a shutter functionality

New Galaxy Note 4 camera details leak - Smartphone news, reviews, rumors, and more!

has anyone heard anything about the camera in the note 4 NOT using isocell tech??????? or is it a given that it will have it?

ISOCELL is pretty much a given. They dropped the ball not putting OIS in the S5 but seems like it will be there in the Note.

The camera app is going to be an overloaded mess on this phone, and it will probably load selfie mode by default when you switch to the FFC, reason enough for me to forget about it. That's so annoying and the algorithms are usually tuned for female Asian faces on Samsung devices.

I read now the front pixel camera will go up too from 2 to 3.2 mp and record in WQHD. Now I can video chat in crystal clear. :-)

The Apple chipsets are more powerful. A7 will not have competition until the 810, but the A8 will be out before it.

I know I've seen several different benchmarks that puts the A7 well below the current best of android chipsets. It was below the tegra 4 which is in this new HP slatebook 14 I am typing my post on. Maybe you are talking a different type of benchmark??

I know I've seen several different benchmarks that puts the A7 well below the current best of android chipsets. It was below the tegra 4 which is in this new HP slatebook 14 I am typing my post on. Maybe you are talking a different type of benchmark??
As I pointed out, the cpu is where the A7 is more powerful. No comparison. The 805 is a little gurlee maan compared to the A7 CPU. The Tegra 4 is better, but still not as powerful. GPU is better though.

As I pointed out, the cpu is where the A7 is more powerful. No comparison. The 805 is a little gurlee maan compared to the A7 CPU. The Tegra 4 is better, but still not as powerful. GPU is better though.
Is the A7 not 64bit also? Remember on the I5s,its also not pushing many pixels so it will perform great.

I read now the front pixel camera will go up too from 2 to 3.2 mp and record in WQHD. Now I can video chat in crystal clear. :-)

Only with someone who has a phone that supports it, and using an app that supports it. I reckon you'll be limited to ChatON for a while cause Hangouts and Skype are pretty bad even with the current 1080p cameras on these phones and they won't make changes for just one phone. Skype still doesn't have 720p video chat on Android.

On less powerful devices the resolution simply won't be supported as it would be like trying to stream 4K on a low end computer.

The CPU is not better enough to matter to most people. You're really kinda digging in these (figuratively speaking) to find numerical differences that really don't translate to real world differences.

I guess that's why the OEMs still prioritize hardware bump-ups over software refinement on this platform, though.

You can throw a S400 in a phone and most consumers wouldn't know that it isn't the S801 it was advertised to be.

In any case, I think a lot of the differences in performance between the two platforms have a lot more to do with the software and frameworks behind them than the processor in the devices.

The CPU is not better enough to matter to most people. You're really kinda digging in these (figuratively speaking) to find numerical differences that really don't translate to real world differences.

I guess that's why the OEMs still prioritize hardware bump-ups over software refinement on this platform, though.

You can throw a S400 in a phone and most consumers wouldn't know that it isn't the S801 it was advertised to be.

In any case, I think a lot of the differences in performance between the two platforms have a lot more to do with the software and frameworks behind them than the processor in the devices.
Not referring to others, since the point earlier was an interest in emulators that are all heavily cpu reliant. Given the G3 sells a bunch, that should be obvious most folks are both oblivious to performance issues and mainly light to medium users.

The Qhd is choking the device, but folks are attracted to the display like moths to a flame. Even more ironic since the display is not really that good IMO.

Only with someone who has a phone that supports it, and using an app that supports it. I reckon you'll be limited to ChatON for a while cause Hangouts and Skype are pretty bad even with the current 1080p cameras on these phones and they won't make changes for just one phone. Skype still doesn't have 720p video chat on Android.

On less powerful devices the resolution simply won't be supported as it would be like trying to stream 4K on a low end computer.

Video on Hangout between a Nexus 5 and HTC One M7 looks pretty good. It looks like HD to me. Compare to Skype, Hangout looks much better on video. I dont know why. Maybe less people use it?

Samsung_Galaxy_Note_4_leaked_image.png

s2_53f7f26324754.jpg

Video on Hangout between a Nexus 5 and HTC One M7 looks pretty good. It looks like HD to me. Compare to Skype, Hangout looks much better on video. I dont know why. Maybe less people use it?

Hangouts doesn't do 1080p Video Calls. ChatON does, between Galaxy S4/5/Note 3 (fantastic Quality, too) devices, but nothing else that I've tried does calls at that resolution, and frankly on Android it's the only thing that I've personally used that eclipses FaceTime for call quality.

Hangouts doesn't look to be much better than 480p resolution, to be frank. The difference in picture quality between ChatON and Hangouts is huge. The issue with ChatON is Voice/Video Calling only works between recent Samsung Flagships (GS4, GS5, Note 3) so it's similar to iMessage/FaceTime in that regard.

If Samsung could Integrate ChatON into Messages and create something akin to iMessage and FaceTime that would be baller, though. Wonder what's stopping them (fear of lawsuit?). Xiami has already done that with their Mi Cloud Messaging service.

EDIT: Reading that Samsung may have shut down the Video Chat in ChatON. Not able to confirm currently.

Back
Top Bottom