• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I've moved on, but I need to update my brother's EVO

LittleRedDot

Android Enthusiast
I rooted it a while back and installed mik3.0 which he loved for a while, but now he's bored and wants me to update him with some bling. I'm thinking a super stale ICS or CM9 rom with an OC kernel, something that will make him feel as though he's using one of the new EVOs. So I would like, and excuse me if it's been done to death, a rom, kernel, and theme suggestion. Also any apps that would shine tings up a bit. He's not to tech savvy so it shouldn't take much to impress him. Thanks in advance!

I rooted it a while back and installed mik3.0 which he loved for a while, but now he's bored and wants me to update him with some bling. I'm thinking a super stale ICS or CM9 rom with an OC kernel, something that will make him feel as though he's using one of the new EVOs. So I would like, and excuse me if it's been done to death, a rom, kernel, and theme suggestion. Also any apps that would shine tings up a bit. He's not to tech savvy so it shouldn't take much to impress him. Thanks in advance!
Check my sig....that is what I run!:D

Edit: Try a different launcher such as GoLauncher Pro....among others.

Yeah, run Decks Reloaded w/Go Launcher.

Then put an HTC One X theme (Free Go theme) and it will look like some of their new phones. You can even get the same clock (from another source/XDA)

Deck's reloaded no contest. If he wants ICS, you should set him up on Strike. It's the fastest one I've ran to date.

I actually ran CM7.2 just because I goofed up a nandroid of Deck's and I'm amazed at how much faster reloaded is.....not even close.

Back
Top Bottom