• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JB Update 2.06.653.6

OSorry about the tutorial guys, I got a little time and I really want to get this 3.4 kernel fully working. SO, long story short, I am redoing all the GPIO function names in the main board header. I dont have 3.4 source (obviously) to compare with for the CL and the UL has some different calls, so I am painstakingly comparing the UL ICS and UL JB kernel source calls and naming those of the CL accordingly. Hopefully this fixes FM radio and the Radio drop outs.

Edit : good news, I believe I have fixed the radio drop out. Been steaming for a while now with no issue. Need to test it more before it's conclusive, though. Will also need to reprogram rfkill I believe for this kernel. I feel like it has part of the problem hidden to me. The gpio and pmic drivers are also suspects for the fm radio. Other then that, the new kernel does perform well.

Edit2: after more testing the radio issue was just made a little better. I will have to reprogram the GPIO and pmic drivers today and make sure all the radios are included properly.

Dude asked for an update.zip so I gave him a guide to make an update.zip?

Your link is great for making a flashable zip for some fonts or a boot animation or some ringtones but an ota update that needs modding is a different story I think. Stock OTA updates typically have some checks to run before doing anything

EDIT: Not particularly sure how an ota update needs nodding (or how that would work). Also, don't take what I'm saying as scolding cause that's not what I was intending

Your link is great for making a flashable zip for some fonts or a boot animation or some ringtones but an ota update that needs modding is a different story I think. Stock OTA updates typically have some checks to run before doing anything

EDIT: Not particularly sure how an ota update needs nodding (or how that would work). Also, don't take what I'm saying as scolding cause that's not what I was intending

No offense taken at all. I just pulled that guide from a quick Google search. I don't know what modding needs to be done either. However I'd be more than happy to learn! It just seems so god damn complicated.....

No offense taken at all. I just pulled that guide from a quick Google search. I don't know what modding needs to be done either. However I'd be more than happy to learn! It just seems so god damn complicated.....

Once I get through this already busy week I will post a how to for everyone :) just so busy with school, my significant other, and work right now that it's hard

No sweat - I can totally understand how life gets crazy.

..I just figure that it can't be *that* hard and would love be able to give back a little and not just rely on the generosity of yourself and other guys on here.

No sweat - I can totally understand how life gets crazy.

..I just figure that it can't be *that* hard and would love be able to give back a little and not just rely on the generosity of yourself and other guys on here.

Well I enjoy kernel and I can work without source. When I have time, I'm good at it too. I'll happily get us a caf kernel if someone can get us booting cm. The Russian devs have it, and a good base would be the one VX.. If anyone wants to try it it'll give me more time for kernel of all devices

Well I enjoy kernel and I can work without source. When I have time, I'm good at it too. I'll happily get us a caf kernel if someone can get us booting cm. The Russian devs have it, and a good base would be the one VX.. If anyone wants to try it it'll give me more time for kernel of all devices

I got cm10 (4.1.2) booting just today, Simon. A lad over at XDA got it booting on k2_ul and I asked for his sources and I made appropriate changes for k2_cl. So we have a start :). BUT there are a lot of bugs for now so this is not even close to stable. PM me and I'll give you my gmail we'll chat on hangouts if you'd like to about more info on this.

Execellent work awidawad....we appreciate your help. Thanks again Simon as well for your support.

We now have fully working kernel sources for jb :) github.com/SickleKernels/android_kernel_htc_k2/tree/jellybean

It already runs well without modifications. Expect this to be fun

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381372395892.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381372395892.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 85
We now have fully working kernel sources for jb :) github.com/SickleKernels/android_kernel_htc_k2/tree/jellybean

It already runs well without modifications. Expect this to be fun

Might attempt to start something aosp based soon

Got a CM build running right now

I'll give an update later but simply put: make -j4 -k otapackage (note the -k which means keep going)

So, the build with -k finished. I decided to run make without the -k and this is the output from the point where the errors start: (see attachment)

Attachments

For some reason build.prop didn't update. I'll have a friend flash it on their phone. Or someone soff already who has the time flash it please. The new build prop will allow us to get the notification for 4.2 when it releases. Thanks. Okay so it's uploading. Its from twrp so if you want to flash, use twrp. There's no md5 or anything so it's just throw it in your backups folder inside a respective folder and go. Also devs feel free to use this to base a new rom on. I'll do something with it eventually. Its honestly a little smoother and more stable even... Ill probably do a deodex and cleaned up base this weekend for everyone. Give it 2 hours before downloading

Directory listing of http://files.simonsickle.comk2_cl/Sense/SystemDump_9-24-13
i cant download it says contact server admin the fileisbanned

Back
Top Bottom