• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Nop you have to flash back to Odin FJ12 root or unroot + download and open KIES on your computer n connect your device you would see messages about update to GB28 ......You will lose root after updating*
7usava5a.jpg

ynyravyz.jpg

eta9ybyj.jpg

uqyjageq.jpg

Upvote 0
why does it keep saying the connection to my phone is lost ? i flashed back to f12 updated to fl26 usb debug enabledon phone and kies shows update but connection keeps getting lost

mine is just stuck at connecting.. but not connecting... grrrr.

Update: just updated mine,went flawless,i was on midnight Rom rooted FL26,didnt flash back to anything just did the update and im now running JB,now... can e use the root methods as before with this JB update?

Upvote 0
mine is just stuck at connecting.. but not connecting... grrrr.

use the original cable and make sure ur phones usb debugging is checked

i dont know if im suppose to check for the update on fj12 or the fl26 but i noticed no matter what im on itll give me the option to update

show me the terms and click that ive read them along with a option to back up data (which i skip but also succeded useing this first time) and then when the firmware part comes kies shows my phones not connected anymore and it reconnects

Upvote 0
so sphd710 s2 then sprint cdma and then download? somee reason it wont download but those are the 2 options to select for virgin mobile ?

what browser are you on? i tried in chrome but had problems seeing the download so i tried in firefox and worked,it will show the phone picture when you select the firmware.

i'll upload the exe to my dropbox and link it.. this is for the white SGs2,dont know if it makes a difference but it gives you 2 different firmware updated,one for the carbon and one for the white.

Upvote 0
what browser are you on? i tried in chrome but had problems seeing the download so i tried in firefox and worked,it will show the phone picture when you select the firmware.

i'll upload the exe to my dropbox and link it.. this is for the white SGs2,dont know if it makes a difference but it gives you 2 different firmware updated,one for the carbon and one for the white.

This will work with root users correct? Im on the Midnight Rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones