• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean Is Live

Sorry everyone. Yes I downloaded the wrong version. I downloaded the GB27 version in my haste. Been at the hospital a lot visiting my mom so haven't been home a lot the last few days. I wouldn't think the GB28 version would be far behind though.

Well, downloaded the exe to find out the installer doesn't support windows 8. That's cool...not. Guess I'm waiting for a one click installer.

I think you missed (the sort of confusing message) that suggested you should "run anyway." When the win8 'oh no, we don't suggest you install this" screen comes up, read both the options. The really obvious thing to do is to click the option on the right (don't install), but if you look at what the left option says you can "run anyway"

I flashed Agat repack 16 kernel and flashed super user. Loving this update

Yes. I don't see any reason why flashing a repack kernel for Sprint's GB27 wouldn't work on Virgin Mobile's GB28 to achieve root access.

Are you confirming my assumption is correct? :)

Nope iam going back to FJ12 rooted !!!!!!!!

I've been on CM10.1 for some time before GB28 and it's great, for the most part. However, I'm going to stay on GB28 and try it out for the following reasons:

1) Cell/Data signal on the CM10.1 appears to be weaker, though it's hard to tell whether it's truly the ROM or weak virgin mobile coverage. Also, while on CM10.1, the signal appears to throttle back and back more often between having good and bad signals.

2) Not a deal breaker but CM10.1's speaker volume is noticeably lower.

Yes. I don't see any reason why flashing a repack kernel for Sprint's GB27 wouldn't work on Virgin Mobile's GB28 to achieve root access.

Are you confirming my assumption is correct? :)

Yes your assumtion is correct. No SD card errors this time around too, after flashing super user had to download superSU or received shell errors

Yes your assumtion is correct. No SD card errors this time around too, after flashing super user had to download superSU or received shell errors

I flashed GB27 but lost my paid app. I believe this is the same original issue in GB27. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalled the paid app but kept on getting error "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card."

But root works.

I flashed GB27 but lost my paid app. I believe this is the same original issue in GB27. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalled the paid app but kept on getting error "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card."

But root works.

Yeah that's an issue with Agats on this phone. At least we can install the GB27 repack to achieve root and then revert to stock recovery/kernel... I assume we have the stock recovery.. if not, I'm sure the GB27 stock kernel will work in the meantime. Don't hold me to it ;)

Yeah that's an issue with Agats on this phone. At least we can install the GB27 repack to achieve root and then revert to stock recovery/kernel... I assume we have the stock recovery.. if not, I'm sure the GB27 stock kernel will work in the meantime. Don't hold me to it ;)

oh interesting. I didn't realize it until you suggested it but I flashed back to stock GB28 and I notice that I still have root.

Do you have any input on what I asked? I don't want to mess anything up.

I'm not sure if what I did was necessary but I'll share with you how I successfully went from CM10 to GB28 without issues.

I flashed the unrooted OneClick for stock FJ12. Then I used the Data Cache Wipe Tool (probably not necessary I'm just OCD when it comes to a maticulously fresh install LOL :D) Then I updated to GB28 from there, did a factory reset.. rebooted.

You possibly could just update to GB28 from CM10 but I am not sure. Since I was unsure, I reverted to a stock ROM as mentioned above and then update to GB28 from FJ12. Also, as I said.. I am extremely obsessive when it comes to a fresh install of any rom update etc.. so the data cache wipe tool (and maybe even the factory reset) was probably not needed ;)

update isn't worth it IMHO, no Oc'ing no root and no tethering. all cons no pros. I for one ain't selling out just because Jelly Bean is the "Flavor-Of-The-Month" right now for Androids, once all of those things are met ill upgrade :smokingsomb:

I've been on CM10.1 for some time before GB28 and it's great, for the most part. However, I'm going to stay on GB28 and try it out for the following reasons:

1) Cell/Data signal on the CM10.1 appears to be weaker, though it's hard to tell whether it's truly the ROM or weak virgin mobile coverage. Also, while on CM10.1, the signal appears to throttle back and back more often between having good and bad signals.

2) Not a deal breaker but CM10.1's speaker volume is noticeably lower.

I'd rather have root+recovery so I can flash better roms (sprint), about speaker volume I use Viper audio mod Awesome Sound ! :p
9ajuzyhy.jpg

qugysumu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom