• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Linaro][O/C][GPL][31 JAN] A-kernel v3.3-r9-fix JB

big thanks to Christophorus for making these zips my phone is way faster now boot time , start up lag and the pinball game i have a little super charger on them i using the 1.4 ATM . and a big thanks to animania260 for what hes has done . cant wait for future kernels and roms and what ever you all can pull out of your hats this is great almost spend more time reading about android then i do playing WOW lol

antutu benchmark 3.1.1 cpu score stock 1ghz - integer - 686
float-point - 304

after 1.4 flash - integer - 1015
float-point - 426

everything seems faster thanks

Please take a screen shot and place it in the antuntu topic (hold home and power for 1 second)

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

Exactly what I was going to say, Christophorus.

Updated thread with the link's to Christophorus' CWM flashable kernel zip's :-)
Thanks again Chris, also cleaned it up a bit.

Still testing this new version from yesterday with the CPU gov's and I/O schedulers, having a few problems with it.

New build up, thread updated :-)

Getting much better performance with this build, did things a little differently this time. Getting more familiar with the code.

More to come!

Awesome! Just one question...where's the download? The link takes me to updater-scripts

Awesome! Just one question...where's the download? The link takes me to updater-scripts

Argh, damn Google Drive, I love it but they need to make some things (like downloading a zip) easier and more intuitive..

Click the 'File' tab in the upper right and click download, that will download the zip.

I'm re-uploading them to dropbox and will update the links in a minute.

Edit: Added Dropbox link alongside Google Drive link.

Edit2: Also I just replaced the boot.img in Christophorus' 1.4 Ghz flashable zip, so it will say "Overclocking to 1.4 Ghz" lol just ignore I'll update it later. Spent all night since I got off work doing this and I'm done for the night, this is the build I've been trying to get for the past 3 days straight though! So more to come soon, stay posted :-)

Argh, damn Google Drive, I love it but they need to make some things (like downloading a zip) easier and more intuitive..

Click the 'File' tab in the upper right and click download, that will download the zip.

I'm re-uploading them to dropbox and will update the links in a minute.

Got it. I'm mobile so it was acting weird. Downloaded chrome and it worked perfectly...thanks

More to come in the next few weeks. I'll try to update every week or so. Now that I've got this going I can start digging down into patches, cleaning up, init.d support, scripts, etc.

Lots to come.

Also I updated the thread credits: Slayer72 for connecting with me as it probably would of taking A LOT longer to find downthemachine' or similar source on my own, and without his source and Shabby for pointing me to it, we would not have this :-)

This new build makes this phone so damn fast, I did not think it was possible. Can't wait to see how much faster some patches and tweaks will make it.

More to come in the next few weeks. I'll try to update every week or so. Now that I've got this going I can start digging down into patches, cleaning up, init.d support, scripts, etc.

Lots to come.

Also I updated the thread credits: Slayer72 for connecting with me as it probably would of taking A LOT longer to find downthemachine' or similar source on my own, and without his source and Shabby for pointing me to it, we would not have this :-)

This new build makes this phone so damn fast, I did not think it was possible. Can't wait to see how much faster some patches and tweaks will make it.

init.d support is going to be awesome. I'll get to use the o/c deamon script again. You're right, this thing is so fast and I'm surprised that I don't have huge battery drain or the phone isn't on fire. Thanks again for this

i would like to monitor the cpu temp but from what i read the kernel has to support it i will check out that app tho to see

edit: so system tuner did show the cpu temp but there is to many setting in there lol im a noob still so i dont want to mess my phone up with a wrong click i have that luck lol im using No-frills cpu control to change my governor and I/O scheduler very simple interface but ik its lacking advance controls and such

i would like to monitor the cpu temp but from what i read the kernel has to support it i will check out that app tho to see

edit: so system tuner did show the cpu temp but there is to many setting in there lol im a noob still so i dont want to mess my phone up with a wrong click i have that luck lol im using No-frills cpu control to change my governor and I/O scheduler very simple interface but ik its lacking advance controls and such

Haha yeah when I first started using System Tuner I thought the exact same thing. Just go to CPU for the temp and CPU Gov, SD Card for the IO Scheduler or just use it to view the temp.

Get fimilar with it though, It's my favorite now.

i am new to o/c the kernel and i wanted to ask a few questions..what do i need to set phone up to use the 1.4 kernel? i need to root first with clockwork recovery first then install zip from sd? sorry am a noob but i figured the wrong question is one unasked so here i am :)

i am new to o/c the kernel and i wanted to ask a few questions..what do i need to set phone up to use the 1.4 kernel? i need to root first with clockwork recovery first then install zip from sd? sorry am a noob but i figured the wrong question is one unasked so here i am :)

Correct! Yeah just flash the Clockwork Recovery with Odin- follow instructions on Shabby's CWM Recovery thread. You don't have to root really, root will just allow you to change CPU govs and I/O Schedulers, which change how the CPU on I/O subsystems work a little bit for bettery performance and such, but the defaults work really well and give better then stock performance anyway, and don't worry changing these will not mess up your phone. You download and use the "NoFrillsCPU" app on the Play Store (it starts with no Frills), it only has options for the CPU gov and I/O schedulers so you can't mess up anything.

You can just flash the recovery with Odin then download and put the kernel Zip on your External SD or internal SD and just flash it with CWM but make sure you go into "Advanced" > "wipe dalvik cache" in CWM before or after you flash the kernel just wipe dalvik before you reboot into Android again.

And your good to go. :-)
We were all "noobs" in the beggining, you have to ask questions at some point. As long as you try to do (at least) a little research (looking at threads that may have information your looking for or questions that have already been asked) I'm sure anybody will help you out.

Okay I finally got the MB3 update this morning so I can build the new kernel based off MB3 and test it.

I'll have the new build up tonight as well as the stock LK7 kernel (which you will need to be able to update to MB3)
I'm going upload the stock LK7 boot.img (kernel) and the MB3 update zip soon. check the OP/top thread, I don't want to make another thread.

Back
Top Bottom