• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Linaro][O/C][GPL][31 JAN] A-kernel v3.3-r9-fix JB

multitasking is faster and smother switching between apps with the Zram , im all stock rooted with your V4 1.8 with apps frozen mb3 build updated through the OTA very smooth thanks for the all the extras keep up the good work

Update-
Added the ROW I/O scheduler by Qualcomm - made specifically for mobile devices - and made it default.
Updated version to 4.1 - only did the 1.4GHz version. I got to re-compile a new 1.8- I'll do it later.

Running pretty damn good with this. Enjoy!

Update-
Added the ROW I/O scheduler by Qualcomm - made specifically for mobile devices - and made it default.
Updated version to 4.1 - only did the 1.4GHz version. I got to re-compile a new 1.8- I'll do it later.

Running pretty damn good with this. Enjoy!

Awesome job man! You've really been killing it

I'm trying. This is pretty much all I wanted to accomplish with the stock kernel at this point. I still need to do some init.d stuff but thats mainly just testing to make sure the scripts get copied over and ran automatically.

I think there may be some small problems with the ROW scheduler, not sure yet but I've noticed Facebook was giving me some problems. May just need to be re-installed and unrelated to ROW.

I'm going to focus on CynagenMod now.

Another release coming soon.

- Merged patches for the Urgent Request function of the new ROW scheduler from Motley's Nexus kernel (will post link in op). Already tested and working.

- KBUILD_CFLAGS set with the right optimizations for our chip, will post in main thread tonight the specifics. But also found an optimization specific to our chip with -o3 builds (most optimized) which is good! Very good. Tested and working good.

- Disabled some useless debug stuff, which will, albeit slightly, help with performance. I'm looking for more I can disable - I could disable it all but I do not know the ramifications from that yet, if any (other then obviously not having that debug functionality... that only developers would need, at a small price to performance).

More tonight :-)

Alright I was lazy last night, but I'll have the new builds up tonight.

I think I'm going to remove the VR & SIO i/o schedulers now that we have ROW fully implemented. Less is better.
I'll leave the CPU Gov's alone for now. Will possibly tone down in the future.

Alright, I went ahead and put up the new 1.8GHz version.
I guess I decided to name the kernel - AniKernel... which is more orignal than OCKernel lol.
I don't really care about the name but I just went for it. Also changed version to 1.5, and will probably just do 1.5.x from here on. I don't like having a v4+
Builds are back to using -o3 optimizations (most optimzed) again since all the Linaro and manual (CFLAGS in the Makefile) optimizations are there now.

Anyway the new build is running extremely well. There was some more things I wanted to try but I'll put it in the next release if testing goes well.

I still have to build a new 1.4Ghz tonight. Just a simple edit and 'make ARCH=arm -j7 -o3"
Let me know what you think!

No WiFi with 1.5. Errors out. Worked the previous builds

Hmm strange. Christiphours said the same. I had the same problem when I initially tried to add ROW -a few builds ago, but I never released because of that issue- but I completely re-merged and thought I find the problemBut I'm not having problem with the latest build so I'm not sure whats up with it now.

Time to test now, thanks sckboy!

so i noticed the the zram is not loading after reboot i have permissions set with the script in the correct folder dont no if im doing something wrong but its not that hard to turn it on any way dont mind doing it , its like purging the Nitrous line lol

so i noticed the the zram is not loading after reboot i have permissions set with the script in the correct folder dont no if im doing something wrong but its not that hard to turn it on any way dont mind doing it , its like purging the Nitrous line lol

lol yeah I've noticed this too. I'll try to have it execute automatically in the ramdisk next build in a few days.
That should make it run everytime.

Alright, thanks for the feedback guys. I was trying to find the culprit and fix it but I just reverted the Urgent Request function of ROW that I added, which for some reason is preventing the Wi-Fi driver from loading. ROW still works very good without that feature anyway.

I did find some more debug stuff to disable tonight to lighten the load a bit more, and I'll be removing the SIO and VR, I/O Schedulers, and one other thing I'm going to test.

Just a quick question, i had flashed the partytime rom that sported the 1.4 ghz clock and it seemed like my phone would heat up real fast from the littlest things. Is it always like that for you guys?

Just a quick question, i had flashed the partytime rom that sported the 1.4 ghz clock and it seemed like my phone would heat up real fast from the littlest things. Is it always like that for you guys?

I did notice my phone been heating up ...thought was my case not letting it air out. But it didn't effect function

I've got my flashed with the 1.8 and the only time it warms up at all is whenever to doing something really intensive like a titanium backup

Hmm, alright, i just dont wanna fry the phone you know. An odin flash would restore the stock kernal as well right?

Is it possible to activate custom boot animations in 1.4 for me, plz, because I looked everywhere on how to enable custom animations and a lot of ppl are saying it needs to be enabled in the kernel.
Hopefully boot up and shutdown with activated sound, would be great.
I'm going to build my first custom ROM based off a old ROM I had a while ago on my intercept (brom) I liked. I just seen the phone packed away, took it out, powered it on, and bam! Old memories took over as brom loaded up once again.
Long story short, loved the theme concept, so i will be working on my own touch wiz theme, and cm10.1 theme, if that's the version u plan To port/build

Flashing your phone back to stock will get rid of all the oc stuff. Are you actually flashing roms onto you phone through Odin? And not through CWM? Your counter must be at like 50 lol.

CM10.1 is pretty much impossible until the guys trying to get it to work in the Prevail or Reverb make some progress. A couple of people are working on it, but they seem to be getting stuck at the same place. The MANY guides I have read about building CM10 and 10.1 for ANY android device don't actually work for ANY device. Otherwise this would have been done by people far smarter with android than I. As far as custom boot animations, it can be done. Though some of them were a little wonky, tried one that the boot animation would not go away, screen was stuck on it, phone calls would come in but I had no way to answer it because the animation was on the way.

Flashing your phone back to stock will get rid of all the oc stuff. Are you actually flashing roms onto you phone through Odin? And not through CWM? Your counter must be at like 50 lol.

No i flash through cwm, hell of a lot easier. But im at 16 flashes from when adb messed up the phone, then removed recovery, then the phone bricked so give me about another month and ill be there lol

Just put up both new 1.8GHz and 1.4GHz versions!

Reverted the Urgent Request feature of ROW that broke Wi-Fi. I did figure out why it did and will try to re-implement it later.

Also I found a lot of other things I will be adding when I get the chance. Bug fixes/improvements and more features. So stay tuned, more and more to come :-)

Just put up both new 1.8GHz and 1.4GHz versions!

Reverted the Urgent Request feature of ROW that broke Wi-Fi. I did figure out why it did and will try to re-implement it later.

Also I found a lot of other things I will be adding when I get the chance. Bug fixes/improvements and more features. So stay tuned, more and more to come :-)

Wow this is great, nice work

Back
Top Bottom