• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL]SpeedDemon V5.6 (Performance & Battery Improvements) - MIUI Kernel

Incredicontrol is to control the voltage for each frequency, if you don't know how to use it fully/right then don't use Incredicontrol, it can be dangerous. It's meant to help with battery life

For a governor, I would choose between smartassV2 and savagedzen, if your new to governors then choose savagedzen for a equal balance of battery life and performance, smartassV2 is like savagedzen except a bit more performance and little less battery life. Do research if you want too, to find more information on a governor that suits you. For I/O keep it as V(R).

Reactions: klown07
Upvote 0
I went from a class 2 2gb microsd card to an amazonbasics 16gb class 10 microsd card, my phone loaded fast after a reboot. Plus the extra storage will definitely come in handy for my pics and music. Also plan on putting some video files on my phone. Loving the latest kernel by the way! If you're still in need of an 8gb SD card, next month, maybe I'll get you one austrie. From one stranger to another lol. I certainly appreciate what you all devs do.

Upvote 0
I would love a 8GB SD Card, my music is like 1.6GB. So I dont have space on SD Card for doing backups, with a larger SD Card I can switch between MIUI and CM7 (through restoring backups) easier, almost like DualBoot. I dont have my other SD Cards anymore..

Klown do happen to know how much internel space freed up for you when flashing SpeedDemon.

Upvote 0
Dang Austrie, I wasn't checking for that so sorry lol. I'm currently having issues where my battery is draining too fast, its either by android settings or system, or mediaserver. I'll probably reflash the rom, I'll check then. Where are you from by the way? For shipping you know. And next month, broke this month now.edit: Ok, I have 0.96gb available out of 1.09gb and that is up from. so yes it saved some storage :)

Upvote 0
lovin v1.8 been awesome so far

33favk4.jpg

2em1s95.jpg

6rq0jb.jpg

4j1fh4.jpg

f1meqx.jpg

this is my setup right now for all my frequencies and as you can tell about 30 straight hours and going strong. im thinking that 24 and 61 should be able to push 750 so i think i'm gonna set it and see how it handles. i won't get to test 24 because i just think it's too slow, but we'll see about 61. if 24 actually runs well on anyones phone let us know because i don't want to push my phone that low until i know it actually works well at such a speed.

Upvote 0
ya it's pretty slick. it's called Kel-Dark theme. it's my main theme and then i edited all the rest except for home screen, status bar, and text style. this is my full theme as it sits.

main theme: kel-dark
lockscreen: slide the lock
home screen: kel-dark
icon: va asteria v4d
status bar: kel-dark
font: droid logo
text style: kel-dark
dialer style: neonbt
boot animation: va asteria v4d

Upvote 0
if you really want a good red/black theme. i would try the red crystal theme, and va asteria v4d icons with the decepticons lockscreen. that would be a really good combo, but make sure to find some nice custom red/black wallpapers for your lockscreen and your homescreen, and you would have a hella sexy phone UI.

or just try out NeonRT it's the same as the neonbt and neongt but all done up red and black. i couldn't find any screens of it, but if it's identical to the other two which i've used then i'm sure you would like it.

Upvote 0
I wanted red on black, red crystal is to much white for me.

~~~
And setting 24Mhz isn't really pushing your phone your just lowering how much processor power the phone use when idle.
I mean the phone is idle(not being used but is on) how much power do it really need, all you need is power for basic stuff to keep it on and background processes. The only thing is if you set it to low, then it wont have enough power to power on, so it bootloops.

Edit: I think Mobstergunz run at 24Mhz minimum.

Upvote 0

~~~
And setting 24Mhz isn't really pushing your phone your just lowering how much processor power the phone use when idle.
I mean the phone is idle(not being used but is on) how much power do it really need, all you need is power for basic stuff to keep it on and background processes. The only thing is if you set it to low, then it wont have enough power to power on, so it bootloops.

ya i didn't mean it in any way as "pushing" the phone i just wanted to see if the bootloop thing or say screen timeout takes extra long to come back and that type of stuff occurs because the phone has to scale up suddenly from such a low speed.

Upvote 0

~~~

i do run at 24 mhz min. saves battery life when the phone is asleep

EDIT: also i think it depends what governor your using like if you use powersave it sticks to the lowest frequencies available making the phone very choppy and laggy but using others like smartassv2 and interactivex go low when the phones asleep and run decent when the screen is on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones