• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kings vs Koni

Right now I am Kings GB but have run both Kings Ultra RS3 and Koni ES3, out of the two I liked Kings better. I found that it was faster and gave better performance, plus I liked the theming better.
 
LOL thanks, i asked because from what i read the kernel's behavior varies on different phones and since i saw you have the same phone as i mine (base on your details) i wonder if it also differs on the same phone different versions thing.

but again thanks, all i need to really do now is test :)

It doesn't matter if it is same hardware and everything, some phone just don't like certain kernels mine doesn't like any custom kernel while running CM7 for some reason but have never had a problem with a kernel on Sense.
 
Right now I am Kings GB but have run both Kings Ultra RS3 and Koni ES3, out of the two I liked Kings better. I found that it was faster and gave better performance, plus I liked the theming better.

Ah but that gets to the heart of what i said. I think kings is snappier but i dont like his themes as well. HOWEVER, misfit does a lot of themes for kings rom among other people, and then i like it. Misfit just dropped a blue ballah theme for Unleashed R3 so im back to kings now for a bit.
 
@evomattnc - I'm with you, I'm in my car a ton so I'm used to plugging my phone into the charger. I was (ok maybe still am) somewhat obsessive about the battery life, but I just don't seem to notice much of a difference in any ROM I run - still dies pretty rapidly.

I do use my phone quite a bit, and have been running more HAVS kernels. I'll give it a go with less HAVS and see if that makes a difference.

And I sure wish I could get King's GB running without so many issues. I'm going to try that again this weekend.
 
Ah but that gets to the heart of what i said. I think kings is snappier but i dont like his themes as well. HOWEVER, misfit does a lot of themes for kings rom among other people, and then i like it. Misfit just dropped a blue ballah theme for Unleashed R3 so im back to kings now for a bit.

I dig Misfits themes, I'm going to have to give that a try. Thanks for pointing it out.
 
Ah but that gets to the heart of what i said. I think kings is snappier but i dont like his themes as well. HOWEVER, misfit does a lot of themes for kings rom among other people, and then i like it. Misfit just dropped a blue ballah theme for Unleashed R3 so im back to kings now for a bit.
See, I like Kings themes, I don't like Konis...lol
 
Back
Top Bottom