• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Last Day With My Ally </3

tattedman

Android Enthusiast
Ok so today is my last day with the LG Ally..... Since Verizon wireless is trying to screw me........ Long story short........ My bill was due the 8th of March by the 10th I got a call saying pay by tomorrow or get cut off...... ( I always pay my bill...... ) Called chewed them out and made arrangements till the 26th....... On the 25th I was without texting for 8 hours.... It was down from 12am - 8am (The time I'm at work) I can't get reception in my house...... I logged into VZW on the 25th to pay and was greeted by the warm friendly message saying I had to go to a Verizon store to pay.......(I do live in LA county California so theres a Verizon store on every other corner... but still its the principal)....... So to make it even shorter I'm switching to T-mobile (they offer good coverage where I live..... better than all the other companies.... )

So I will be loosing the best phone I'v had (sure I hated it when I first got it till I rooted it)..... I hope I can modify my MyTouch Slide as good as if not better than the ally (yes!!! I can get Gingerbread don't be jealous)....

But I wanted to say my good byes.... I will probably still post hear once in a while for old time sakes (seeing as theres not much talk on the Slide Forum)

But I wanted to thank all that who have helped ...

I also wanted to give a special thanks to the velocity team......Trident Getitnowmarketing and Savoxis.... you guys rock.........

I wish I could port the ally to tmobile if it wasn't for that stupid simcard

Let me know if you want to sell the old Ally on the cheap, we could always use development phones

T-Mobile is being bought by ATT so you aren't really going to t-mobile. Once the buyout is made final you will be stuck with ATT's horrible network and horrible customer service. My wife and I had been ATT faithful customers for 8 years, then they were bought out by cingular and it all went to hell after that. Now when traveling for work we get cell coverage with verizon and our co-workers with ATT don't get coverage at all, they are always borrowing our phones.

I'm not trying to go all fanboy on you just saying we went through hell with ATT after the merger with cingular fell apart. If you do some checking around the web with consumer report site you will find I'm not the only one. If you are ok with ATT and many people are that's great just keep in mind t-mobile will be bought and paid for in less than a year.

I'm also looking for another ally so i can use for devlopment. condition needs to be "usable" and meid can be blacklisted for all i care

Ya its kind of hard to not know about att hey its a year from now ...... i had att back before it was cigular then att again maybe when they finish the buyout they will keep the business model of tmobile.... as for selling the phone I may have someone already buying it but if it falls through i will def sell it to you guys

Its not going to go through im not worried as long as the phone works i dont call support if i need something fixed on my phone i search this forum

That's a strange story, I've been late two or three days before and I might get an extra dollar or two of a fee added to the overall balance but I've never had a big problem like that.

And the topper i been with them since 2005
Well Thanks for being a member of the Community. We wish you well. ;)

Also Death!! I have a pure test Ally phone now. I am not selling it mind you but you or anyone else can have me put it through torture tests.

Went back to the freeway and found All of the pieces to my old ally that went to its death.
It looks like complete poo been run over by many cars and such.

However the thing actually boots up and works. Now thats a phone testimony right there.
I also had an Invisible shield on the screen... The screen looks perfect not a scratch.
Deffinately worth every penny.

#1 I cant believe I found everything #2 I cant believe it actually works.
I probably need to buy a new battery because it got cracked up pretty bad.... It still holds a charge though.

I'm frequently late on paying my cell phone bill by sometimes over a month. I've had automated phone calls harass me, but I've never once dealt with a rude verizon CSR, or have been told that I had to come into the store instead of paying on the phone or online.
Perhaps you took the automated call asking you to call them within 24 hours a tad too seriously?

Regardless, I doubt anyones going to change your mind, so good luck to ya!

It wasnt just auto calls they sent like 3 text and got a live person calling me..... that was alright with me the part that pissed me off is that when I clicked pay bill:
"We're sorry. Our records indicate you are not currently eligible to make payments online via My Verizon. Please go to the nearest Verizon Wireless Store to make a payment in cash. Please call 866-266-1445 if you have any questions."

so o well I love Mytouch Slide haha I got it yesterday and within an hour I rooted it and put CM7 RC 4 on it!! I still have my disconnected ally....the person thats says they gona buy it said they going to pick it up today....... If that doesn't happen I will sell it to D2A or savoxis.......

Back
Top Bottom