• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's see your speed tests!

I'm in Aurora, CO. A suburb about 15 minutes out from Denver.

5.526 MB Down / 1.498 MB Up / 52 ms Ping

I'm completely jealous of you guys with LTE already and getting well over 20 MB down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-06-13-08-37.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-06-13-08-37.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 168
Bob click on the test result itself it will bring up another screen that will show the network your connected to, hspa will show umts

lte of course will say lte.

also if your on stock rom, that 4g icon at the top means its connected to lte.
other wise it will say H or H+ or 3G

oh, and have you done the lte hack?

They could be testing lte out in your area.

No LTE hacks, stock rom, and I've always seen that symbol; I believe that's Samsung's hspa symbol. Hold on a sec.

They all say umts or cell. Twenty minutes after the last one I was back down to 2-3 up.

Bob click on the test result itself it will bring up another screen that will show the network your connected to, hspa will show umts

lte of course will say lte.

also if your on stock rom, that 4g icon at the top means its connected to lte.
other wise it will say H or H+ or 3G

oh, and have you done the lte hack?

They could be testing lte out in your area.
Well it seems they might actually be testing it out, and it caused some strange results for you.

This post is from xda, I will quote it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40225796&postcount=430

Saw this in the Chicago loop today. I didn't take the screenshot until after the speed test was done, but note the network type. I lost the LTE signal shortly thereafter.

I am running the .33 radio, CarbonROM 1.6, and was using the fast.t-mobile.com APN, with ipv4/ipv6 selected. Network type was set to LTE/GSM and it connected automatically. So, it seems that TMO LTE will be in Chicago soon.

On my Huawei Prism (HSPA+7) from home:

Left to right: T-Mobile/Norton, MA; Comcast/Boston, MA; Towerstream/Boston, MA

Attachments

• 424270902.png
    424270902.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 424272194.png
    424272194.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 424273490.png
    424273490.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 156
That's what my speeds look like if I can get "Speed Test" to even register...and I am in a "refarmed" 1900 location.

The 4G on top is just a just a logo. Was I dupped by T-mobile?

Top is in Santa Fe, NM. The rest are in Albuquerque, NM. I took the screenshot at my parents' house in a rural area, hence the lack of bars.

Nexus 4, rooted, stock ROM.

Screenshot_2013-04-26-10-21-44_zpsd174fe01.png

That's what my speeds look like if I can get "Speed Test" to even register...and I am in a "refarmed" 1900 location.

The 4G on top is just a just a logo. Was I dupped by T-mobile?
What phone? if your using a phone that does not have t mobiles aws hspa+ you wont get as good of speeds, I know you mention your in a refarmed area maybe they are working on towers or your just too far from one of the refarmed towers?
Sometimes the phone itself can be all the difference. I am using a nexus 4 and never have I got that low of speeds but I am also in town close to the towers I imagine.
Top is in Santa Fe, NM. The rest are in Albuquerque, NM. I took the screenshot at my parents' house in a rural area, hence the lack of bars.

Nexus 4, rooted, stock ROM.

Screenshot_2013-04-26-10-21-44_zpsd174fe01.png
Nice, though I am shocked at how low the upload is in Alq.
I lived there(Kirkland AFB) in the mid 90's very beautiful area.

Samsung T869 (TMobile 7.0+ tablet) in Wicker Park, Chicago. Usually my speeds are much, much lower. On the $35/3.5 gig prepaid plan.

7amenaga.jpg

Back
Top Bottom