• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's see your speed tests!

y9ujy8e3.jpg

Rooted unlocked Galaxy Note LTE with T-Mobile modems. Rooted stock Rom (Padawan)

Not necessarily; it could have the radio mods. My i717 gets about the same download in refarmed Chicago but gets noticeably better uploads. I suspect the refarmed frequencies are more efficient, better set up, something,...

Virginia Beach, VA

I am not sure about all the HSPA/HSPA+ stuff when it comes to flashing modems. The Galaxy Note LTE is an AT&T phone and only supports HSPA 21 from what I understand. I flashed a T-mobile modem and get these crazy speeds. I'm on a stock ROM.

Yep. Va Beach is a refarmed city.

Network Evolution | Support

Not bad, hopefully when lte is deployed where you live that phone will be able to jump on it.

I thought I put up a screen shot but looking back I dont see one, this was taken last month, from my house which doesnt get as good of signal as other places.

Screenshot%2014mb%20download%20speed.png

Great speeds though.

What confuses me is where it says network: UTMS

I've seen UTMS, LTE, HSPA, Cell, Edge on my phone speedtests

What is "Cell"?

Is SpeedTest a true indicator of each? (I.e. is it truly LTE if it says LTE?)

It's confusing with these icons. Sometimes I see the "4G" light up and sometimes the "H+"
On some versions of android 4G means LTE and H means HSPA and H+ means HSPA+ I too think its slightly confusing, I would like it to say 4G for H+ and LTE or 4GLTE for LTE.
Great speeds though.

What confuses me is where it says network: UTMS

I've seen UTMS, LTE, HSPA, Cell, Edge on my phone speedtests

What is "Cell"?

Is SpeedTest a true indicator of each? (I.e. is it truly LTE if it says LTE?)
UTMS is how HSPA+ works, and obviously if it says LTE that means its connected to LTE signal I dont know what Cell means its funny because I know the phone is on H+ even when that connection shows. Edge is the older slower 2G connection.

Guys I got a question, is hspa+ on umts on the 1900 band? It says umts on my phone's data info. It used to say aws, is that on the 1700 band?

I have a pentaband phone (htc amaze) and it has 1700 and 1900. Along with some others. Does tmobile switch us to the 1900 band if we have the 1700 band or do we stay on the default aws (1700?) band?

Sorry if this is confusing. But I feel clueless. :confused:

Guys I got a question, is hspa+ on umts on the 1900 band? It says umts on my phone's data info. It used to say aws, is that on the 1700 band?

I have a pentaband phone (htc amaze) and it has 1700 and 1900. Along with some others. Does tmobile switch us to the 1900 band if we have the 1700 band or do we stay on the default aws (1700?) band?

Sorry if this is confusing. But I feel clueless. :confused:

It's confusing to me, too. Partly my fault as I'm using an unlocked AT&T phone (Gnote LTE) on Tmobile. (Still have my Amaze though;))

It's confusing to me, too. Partly my fault as I'm using an unlocked AT&T phone (Gnote LTE) on Tmobile. (Still have my Amaze though;))
is yours model I717?

I just picked up one for my dad, got a net10 att sim in and speeds are less then 3mbs down and up to 1mb up.
This one is not unlocked, though t mobile would not help where he lives, middle of Iowa.
One thing though, an maybe its the net10 sim I can't put it in LTE/GSM mode it wont stay in it.

is yours model I717?

I just picked up one for my dad, got a net10 att sim in and speeds are less then 3mbs down and up to 1mb up.
This one is not unlocked, though t mobile would not help where he lives, middle of Iowa.
One thing though, an maybe its the net10 sim I can't put it in LTE/GSM mode it wont stay in it.

Is Net 10 3g or 4g/LTE? I have no clue about Net 10, TBH.

Yeah, it's i717. Funny thing, I just got it this month. It had Gingerbread/Stock unrooted ROM on it and after I unlocked it, the LTE signal lit up after I put my Tmobile sim card in. I did absolutely no modifications and was shocked to see it light up.

Is Net 10 3g or 4g/LTE? I have no clue about Net 10, TBH.

Yeah, it's i717. Funny thing, I just got it this month. It had Gingerbread/Stock unrooted ROM on it and after I unlocked it, the LTE signal lit up after I put my Tmobile sim card in. I did absolutely no modifications and was shocked to see it light up.
I have very little clue on what net10 is either.

The only thing I know about them they are owned by tracfone, same as straight talk. They have att coverage as well as tmobile.

This one I bought used, unrooted stock ics. I hear there is a jb update though I just put custom jb rom on it.
I am thinking of taking this to the att store and asking them to unlock it, just to see what happens if I put my tmobile sim in. Though I dont have lte in my city yet.

I have very little clue on what net10 is either.

The only thing I know about them they are owned by tracfone, same as straight talk. They have att coverage as well as tmobile.

This one I bought used, unrooted stock ics. I hear there is a jb update though I just put custom jb rom on it.
I am thinking of taking this to the att store and asking them to unlock it, just to see what happens if I put my tmobile sim in. Though I dont have lte in my city yet.

Good luck with AT&T. I heard they make you wait before giving an unlock code. I never tried w/them. I just used the method on XDA to unlock mine. :D

y9ujy8e3.jpg

Rooted unlocked Galaxy Note LTE with T-Mobile modems. Rooted stock Rom (Padawan)

Not necessarily; it could have the radio mods. My i717 gets about the same download in refarmed Chicago but gets noticeably better uploads. I suspect the refarmed frequencies are more efficient, better set up, something,...

is yours model I717?

Some interesting observations to report.

So I flashed the tmobile modem and unlocked the phone put my sim in and using the stock ICS 4.0.4 Rom speeds were not great but they were 6+mb/s flashed the latest ATT modem and could only get edge connection.
Oh and that no LTE/GSM Mode, that is a net 10 thing, with tmo sim in it went into lte mode no problem, though no lte here :(

So what that edge connection tells me is my house I can not get even a refarmed tower. I suspect if I drove around it would find one but I was only testing.

Some interesting observations to report.

So I flashed the tmobile modem and unlocked the phone put my sim in and using the stock ICS 4.0.4 Rom speeds were not great but they were 6+mb/s flashed the latest ATT modem and could only get edge connection.
Oh and that no LTE/GSM Mode, that is a net 10 thing, with tmo sim in it went into lte mode no problem, though no lte here :(

So what that edge connection tells me is my house I can not get even a refarmed tower. I suspect if I drove around it would find one but I was only testing.

try a cm10.1 based rom. Also, try the Padawan JB ROM

try a cm10.1 based rom. Also, try the Padawan JB ROM
I did go with revolt JB rom which is combination of several, I like it, but its going to be going to my dad so I hope he likes it. Simple yet full of options.

With tmo sim at my house only edge connection, using the att modem. I could put the tmobile modem back on and get AWS but its for my dad and with no tmo where he lives att is it.

I did go with revolt JB rom which is combination of several, I like it, but its going to be going to my dad so I hope he likes it. Simple yet full of options.

With tmo sim at my house only edge connection, using the att modem. I could put the tmobile modem back on and get AWS but its for my dad and with no tmo where he lives att is it.

Ah, ok. Well, at least you have a great ROM for his phone.

I was not able to get a speedtest but I saw lte network under testing here in jacksonville today. I was both shocked and pleased.

Back
Top Bottom