• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root lg screen

Upvote 0
That's the correct recovery, and you Used the flash_image GUI, Hmmmm.
Have you tried to verify the md5 sum on the flash_image GUI and the recovery after they were downloaded?
How did you download them and on what data form ? The slower the download speed, the more apt you are to see corruption in the download.

Upvote 0
They could have gotten corrupted. Go back to post #5. Don't pay any atention to the title of the first link, Its jut the thread where my mini Tutorial is.
I think at this point your going to have to download from PC and put on the sd card everything needed. Then use the code provided with a command prompt from your PC.

Upvote 0
ADB not recognized means you haven't added it to your path variable, but that's ok.

You need to have your command prompt in the same folder as the adb.exe file, and it's easiest to have the files you want to transfer in the same folder as well.

Let's say you have adb.exe in C:\Android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe You would press your start button on your PC (windows key), and select run and then type in "cmd" and press enter. This opens the command prompt, notice which directory it opens in. Now you want to "cd" into the directory adb.exe is:

cd C:\Android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe

Now you should be able to type the adb commands Andy has laid out for you in the other thread. ;)

Upvote 0
Go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...tory-reset-your-rooted-phone.html#post3263770
Read through it a couple of times and then you will probably need to give the code in a command prompt on your PC.
For a very good ADB installer go here New pre-packaged ADB installation

for the LG Drivers go here LG Optimus V Driver Download - LG Cell Phones Blog

Um, how is the process in your link supposed to help? I'm having the same issue with my phone being stuck on the logo screen. How am I supposed to download apps or access the phone via ADB when it's stuck on the logo screen?

Upvote 0
What did you do to your phone that caused it to be in such a bad state of affairs. The more info you give the better able we will be to help. If you have ADB established in the system path of your PC, the LG USB drivers for your phone installed on your PC, and give the much needed info, it will get fixed.
If I'm not able to tell you exactly how to fix it off the top of my head, I know where all the info for doing so is.

Upvote 0
Um, how is the process in your link supposed to help? I'm having the same issue with my phone being stuck on the logo screen. How am I supposed to download apps or access the phone via ADB when it's stuck on the logo screen?

Andy is pretty good at doing his magic when it comes to helping people. Relax, take a deep breath, and he'll get you through it. ;)

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
Sorry, I've been ramming my head into a wall for days trying to get this thing fixed. Guess the frustration was getting to me when I posted that.

Okay, to give you the story from the beginning, I originally rooted with gingerbreak so I could flash backside IHO 7.3. Did a backup before flashing and backed up my SD card on my hard drive. Flashed back and forth a few times trying to figure out if I could get swype over somehow, because I couldn't get it installed by downloading it online. That's when I noticed that the market was turning screwy and wouldn't let me download anything anymore. Kept giving me an error message. I knew that I couldn't factory reset a rooted phone. So I thought that if I unrooted first I should be good, right? Obviously not. After the factory reset my phone kept booting directly into clockwork recovery mode.

Spent days trying to get that resolved. Tried using xionia, but when I tried to install the zip from SD card in recovery it kept giving me an error message. That's when I turned to qtadb, but that was acting screwy too. Kept having an issue mounting the SD card in recover, more error messages, and it seemed the program just wasn't communicating with my phone well. Finally got it to work, so redownloaded xionia again to the root of my SD card, and flashed via qtadb following the instructions found on android central.

That's when I landed in my current predicament. Rebooted after flashing xionia, and the first thing the phone did was say "android recovery don't pull out battery, formatting data, formatting cache, formatting system, factory reset, rebooting" and it rebooted. Upon reboot, it stayed on the LG logo screen for 15 minutes before I pulled the battery to try again. Every time I try to turn it on it goes through the same process. Someone suggested that I try holding the home/vol down/power buttons until it stopped going through reboots. I did that for about 10 minutes before I figured it wasn't going to stop. Now, it doesn't even go through the formatting data, etc. It goes directly to "rebooting" and again gets hung up at the logo screen.

Through the process I can only connect to the phone via adb for about a one second window, two if I'm lucky.

Upvote 0
Wow! When you mess up it ain't pretty. It looks like you now have the stock recovery on your phone which means the Xionia might have been corrupt . We might have to get you into fastboot to fix this, if that's possible. Might have to wipe recovery and boot image to get it into fastboot then flash a recovery with fastboot commands. Hmmm. I'm going to have to sleep on this one and do a little research. Not being able to connect properly to the computer is going to be a big problem.
See if you can get it into emergency mode. You might even have to flash the S firmware to fix it. Look this over Super Secret Optimus V Button Combos - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com this shows you how to get into E-Mode.
I'm going to have to get some sleep/rest. Will catch you sometime in the morning if possible. Let me know if you can get into E-mode.

Upvote 0
Well, I've bought a new phone. If you do come up with any ideas I'd love to hear them. If I can fix it, it would be a great tool to use to do some tinkering and learning. I obviously have alot to learn before I venture into messing with my phone again. I'm wondering if it's safe to use my old SD card on my new phone. At this point, I'm terrified of accidentally screwing up my phone again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones