• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!

well they have the same snap dragon s4 the big diff is that the spirit how less ram 1gb apposed to the 2gb in the s3

Ok, thanks. You forgot the price also lol :D. If I do get a new phone next week (depends if I get my bonus at work ^_^) I'll get the S3, I've been dying to get this phone. I never been on MetroPCS, I always heard they were bad here in NYC but that's a side issue, no need for thread jacking

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks. You forgot the price also lol :D. If I do get a new phone next week (depends if I get my bonus at work ^_^) I'll get the S3, I've been dying to get this phone. I never been on MetroPCS, I always heard they were bad here in NYC but that's a side issue, no need for thread jacking

Lol new York has killer 4g speeds depending where u live. But lots of metro members were getting 8-9 mb/s
Prices for the LG spirit isn't confirmed yet but if u ask me what's the best for your buck the gs3 hands down. Also the super active live community with 3 devs constantly making new roms tweaks mods and what not it's like you get a free lifetime membership to free awesome updates to whatever u wanna try. If that alone in worth the 5 bills I don't know what is. With that being said I'm sure the LG spirit will be a nice phone but like me and few others speculated it's most certain it might come with a locked bootloader and that alone is a huge turn off for me. It's community won't be as cool as ours that for sho

Upvote 0
Courtesy of the Tampa Boyz :) and our ninja

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358529304612.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358529304612.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 288
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358529317798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358529317798.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0
Very Interesting.

It's almost the exact size of my DX. About 1/8" longer and that difference appears to be glass.

I know I'm the crazy one here but the fact that it's Not demonstrably larger than my DX is a BIG plus to me. I thought the screen was 'sposed to be closer to 5" making the phone bigger than it is now.

**TO WHOEVER GETS A FIRST LOOKSEE AT THE MANUAL**

Please tell me how the damn thing wakes and unwakes. The (unrooted) power button on the Motion is almost unworkable with a case. (At least the otherwise decent hybrid one I have.)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I'm getting really excited about this phone; even if we won't be able to root/provide a custom recovery for it. I started with the Optimus M and had it rooted/custom recovery and flashed several ROM's to it. Then I moved to the OM+. We got root/custom recovery (and now angrybanana is getting a stock-ish ROM for it that I will probably try) but that's about as far as development went on it (not complaining at all, really happy with root/recovery). Now, after about a year of using my stock OM+ with just root, I'm fairly sure I can be content with the Spirit 4G as stock (probably non-rooted). All that to say, I guess that root isn't as important to me on the newer phones. The OM needed it and also custom ROM's so we could use DarkTremor's a2sd script and get more internal space using our sd cards (the apps to sd on the market never worked well enough as the DT a2sd did, that just rocked!). With it looking like it will have over 4 gig internal storage, I will only need my sd for music/photo storage and such.

The battery life doesn't look so nice, but that can be remedied. I have my work laptop with me most of the day, while I'm working and I can plug the phone into the laptop always on usb port. Plus there are several nice external batteries available on Amazon (the one that Metro sells, the Motorola, is about half price on Amazon).

All in all, it looks to be a nice phone though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones