• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root List of Apps to Safely Remove & Tips

Hello I picked up a rooted commando with 2.3.3 build # c771m070. It is already rooted, and factory reset prior to me getting it. Previous owner deleted the keyboard. I have been trying to install a keyboard via adb with no luck. Any hints or tricks?
stock key board

http://androidforums.com/commando-all-things-root/668869-apk-request.html#post5469699
its as .apk just install it like you would off the google store
make sure you enable under applications setting
unknown sources

http://db.tt/hCP7SA9
Grab Dropbox install it on your pc add the file to your db dir on your pc

Now to get it in your phone I can send you a Dropbox apk or got to Google. Play on your pc log into your account and if your phone is in your list you can click install to that device it will do all the work.
You can also add it to your sdcard and poke it there..
Let know how you make out

Very new to all this. Want to start by thanking all of you that spent the time to crack this phone! I've been waiting a year to root! I have a question about titanium, if you "freeze" an app and do a factory reset will the app be "defrosted" at reboot, or lost.

If I have installed another messenger app is it OK to remove the stock messenger app, the green one with the smiley face? I'm rooted with TI backup M80.

Thanks,
Ken

If I have installed another messenger app is it OK to remove the stock messenger app, the green one with the smiley face? I'm rooted with TI backup M80.

Thanks,
Ken

I would use root App Delete and freeze it for a few days to make sure... Free @ Google play Store

I did a stupid thing and removed the stock status bar app. I thought maybe I could replace it with a different app and even went to the trouble of putting it in the /system/app folder but no luck. Can anybody point me to or provide me with a solution or the stock app?

I did a stupid thing and removed the stock status bar app. I thought maybe I could replace it with a different app and even went to the trouble of putting it in the /system/app folder but no luck. Can anybody point me to or provide me with a solution or the stock app?

What's the name of the file?. /app called.. Systemui.apk this what root app delete says the status bar is. If so I'll upload it for you

There is no systemui.apk in my /app folder... as for the name, I don't honestly know, I just remember status bar in titanium. Unless it's supposed to be in another folder which I doubt.

There is no systemui.apk in my /app folder... as for the name, I don't honestly know, I just remember status bar in titanium. Unless it's supposed to be in another folder which I doubt.

See sreenshot I use root app delete. Free from the Google play store. To freeze the apps to make sure they can be deleted. The app is part of the kernel. Should not of been deleted. I'll add the file if you think this is the one

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364464275406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364464275406.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 276
See sreenshot I use root app delete. Free from the Google play store. To freeze the apps to make sure they can be deleted. The app is part of the kernel. Should not of been deleted. I'll add the file if you think this is the one

That's gotta be it.

Let me know how you make out
http://db.tt/E6tnY5Aw

Well, this is even more embarrassing... pretty sure I'm fubar at this point. I managed to change my system folder to no execution and I know my phone isn't set to USB debugging because it doesn't show up on adb... I'm pretty sure I'm bricked. Just get a white triangle with orange exclamation point and the android. Did a factory reset and the same thing.

so you have no ADB, no custom recovery, and no custom boot.img...you are bricked. when you get a replacement or buy one off ebay, I would always keep usb debugging on, and install the custom boot.img and recovery.
sorry to hear that about your phone :(

It should be noted next to Pico TTS in the first post that it is necessary for google navigation, among other things. I deleted it and now have no voice directions. I can't find it anywhere either to reinstall, anyone got a copy of the apk? Its not in the market, and other tts don't seem to work.

Not sure why, but when I integrate the dalvik cache with Titanium Backup I can't receive text messages and do not get any delivery reports for messages. I'm rooted on M150. It's not a big deal for me, just wanted to let you guys know.

interesting...try clearing the dalvik cache and then integrating...see what happens. iv'e done that and not had that problem.

It should be noted next to Pico TTS in the first post that it is necessary for google navigation, among other things. I deleted it and now have no voice directions. I can't find it anywhere either to reinstall, anyone got a copy of the apk? Its not in the market, and other tts don't seem to work.

I haven't rooted my phone but I lost the Pico option on last factory update.
I had the same problem with navigation. You need the language pack. Took me a long time to find it (they're trying to phase out Pico for Svox, which if you want you can get on market)
Here's a few links for the pack, try them in this order.
http://mobile.brothersoft.com/pico-tts-language-installer-android-download-62221.html
http://m.downloadatoz.com/apps/es.mcc.translator,113631.html
https://code.google.com/p/eyes-free/downloads/detail?name=com.svox.langpack.installer_1.0.1.apk
If you find you don't have the Pico TTS 1.0 engine, you can either do a search (I found it I just can't remember where, wasn't that hard to find. Or you can download the Svox engine. It's free but the language packages aren't. The Pico language package may work with the Svox engine? I know Svox takes more memory. I have both on my PC incase I have to sideload again.
Whatever you download you'll have to go to settings-Voice Input&Output-Text to speech settings and check the appropriate boxes to get it to function properly. Then text your Navigation app. If you've got voice, you're good. Also, you can download a free trial on the Svox voices (nicer but more memory, I don't need my phone to have an accent:)
I'm not IT savvy (which is why I won't root) but if there's a way I can send you the apk's I'll be glad to.
If someone can help me disable all the crap-ware without rooting I'd appreciate it:)

Back
Top Bottom