• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
No April fool. I got it thru PC Companion. Works fine.
lollipop_2015-03-31-21-47-21.png

Upvote 0
Had it for about a week now and initially I thought the battery had taken a massive hit in performance, but I realised that all the display and stamina settings had been reset. I sorted them out, restarted and the phone still has a great two day battery.

I like the new look, though I miss the lockscreen widgets.

Running Android 5, the Z3 remains an amazing phone, love it!

Upvote 0
Upgraded for 2 weeks and seriously UNHAPPY with Lollipop. My biggest issue is the unbelievably bad deterioration of the internal and headphone speaker. Calls can barely be heard and forget about listening to music on the train. My phone isn't rooted so I cannot edit the mixer paths.xml file.
The phone heats up to a temperature that is uncomfortable to hold against my ear, and the phone doesn't start up properly after a reboot. I have to leave it for a good 30 seconds first. Otherwise it crashes, displays nothing whatsoever on the home page and is unresponsive altogether.
I hate the sound profile (interruptions/priorities) and I miss all the things I used to love - the notification bar, the silent / vibrate option and most of all the glittery finger trail on the lock screen. WHY OH WHY take that away too? What is up with them?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones