• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Media files not showing up

Okay, thanks! I will have to try run it from fastboot since my phone won't reboot to the actual ROM since I re-locked.

Well thats weird in itself, your phone shouldn't have any issues booting up just from locking the bootloader.

This saga continues to get stranger by the minute. :confused:

I guess it better work from Fastboot then.

Well thats weird in itself, your phone shouldn't have any issues booting up just from locking the bootloader.

This saga continues to get stranger by the minute. :confused:

I guess it better work from Fastboot then.

Actually,this part isn't so strange. Relocking on custom software causessecurity warning I described above. It will keep you locked into bootloader until you either re-unlock,or run official htc software(the ruu).

The .exe should run fine with the phone in fastboot. :)

You can always reunlock if you have trouble getting the .exe to run(they can be finicky ;)). You will have to get a new token since you no longer still have the original.

Actually,this part isn't so strange. Relocking on custom software causessecurity warning I described above. It will keep you locked into bootloader until you either re-unlock,or run official htc software(the ruu).

The .exe should run fine with the phone in fastboot. :)

You can always reunlock if you have trouble getting the .exe to run(they can be finicky ;)). You will have to get a new token since you no longer still have the original.

Wow, when did this start? I don't remember this happening when we ran RUU's on the OG. :confused:
I called him the HTC guru for a reason!! I learn something new everytime. Thanks Scotty!! :)

Okay, well obviously I was not able to insert my ringtones, notifications & alarms into the RUU before flashing...but the good thing is all the stock sounds do show up now when given the option to choose a sound. As for my files on the SD card they are not showing up...so I suspect my card is probably no good anymore, the thing I don't understand is my music albums did show up at one point while being rooted and running Mean & Viper ROM and I was able to access them with the MP3 player...now it shows nothing. The weird thing is why none of the stock sounds would show up while being rooted and running a custom ROM. So I guess in the end I must have multiple problems going on...something must have happened when I first unlocked and rooted, and something must have happened to my SD card.

Yeah, ditch that card. It's probably gone to the silicone gods in the sky. ;)

The files show up when you place them into the internal memory correct?

Wow, when did this start? I don't remember this happening when we ran RUU's on the OG. :confused:
I called him the HTC guru for a reason!! I learn something new everytime. Thanks Scotty!! :)

lol,it started with htcdev unlock. while s on and unlocked,you can run unsigned PxxxIMG files if they contain an appropriate(not as easy as it sounds ;)) android info document,and images for boot,system,or recovery ONLY. if you want to flash anything thats signed by htc,the bootloader must be relocked.

relocking when running anything thats not stock,the phone will trap you in the bootloader until appropriate factory software is reinstalled(the ruu) or the bootloader is re-unlocked. kind of htc's smug lil way of saying "see? you shouldnta messed with it!" :eek:

s off eliminates all those annoying checks,so the phone behaves like youre used to with older devices. it will also change your relocked watermark back to locked. add to that the fact that rom flashing becomes much simpler when s-off,you may want to consider that process after you get everything sorted out. :)

Well I switched the sdcard out for another one I had lying around and that was a no go also.

Well I switched the sdcard out for another one I had lying around and that was a no go also.

OK, go to the play store and search for the "Zedge" app. Now download a ringtone or notification you like. Then try and apply this file.

Let us know if it works. :)

I'm not sure how to access that space now that I am not rooted and don't have TWRP to be able to mount it.

When you plug your phone into your puter, select "Media Sync" on your phone.

Then on your puter, you will see "evo"

Select that and then open up and select phone.

This is your internal storage. :)

I just wanted to let everyone know I didn't blow this thread off...I had to go out of town unexpectedly last week. So anyway I did end up re-rooting (still with S-ON) since I loved ViperROM so much and I was still having the same issues. As I was re-rooting and flashing Viper I noticed all the media files were in MP4 format...so I decided to convert all my ringtones, notifications & alarms to MP4 to see if it would work...well I thought it worked right away but I did not have time to mess around with it for a few days. Today I started messing with it and the sounds were not showing up, so I was just in give up mode and was just going to use whatever I could get to work as far as some default sound or something. In the end I decided to flash the new JB ROM from viper and I am now messing around with that...hopefully I can get my stuff to work with that.

Just an update...I am running Stock_3.15.651.16_Deodex and I transferred all my media (Alarms, Notifications & Ringtones) into the ROM before flashing it and I have had no problems at all with getting them all to work properly. Seems to me there was some sort of issue with ICS.

Man, I'm so glad its fixed. I'm pretty sure that format is supported for both ICS and JB, but who knows. This is one of those weird cases I just can't figure out. :p

Really glad it got fixed tho. :)

Man, I'm so glad its fixed. I'm pretty sure that format is supported for both ICS and JB, but who knows. This is one of those weird cases I just can't figure out. :p

Really glad it got fixed tho. :)

Same here...I was getting ready to return this damn phone and get a Galaxy SIII, LOL! I am now loving my EVO LTE!

If you didn't try my suggestion above, do use the Zedge app or go to Zedge.com. It is seriously a great place to get ringtones and notification audio. :)

Even have wallpapers too. ;)

Sounds good...will do! At that point I just skipped over it since I was beyond frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom