• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro PCS Zmax Pro Software Update Z981v1.0.0B12?

So I see people posting firmware ending in B07 and B04 for the T-mobile variant, the Metro version came with B08, but I just randomly decided to check for a software update on a whim and found b12 is available for my phone, it's a 368MB download so not a tiny update. Does anyone know anything about it? Afraid to flash without knowing what to expect, but I'm sick of the phone softbooting 1-2 times a week and charging to 80-85% overnight then stopping sometimes, so if there's anything in this update that might fix that then I'm curious to flash it and see what I get.

I got an update as well. MetroPCS

Attachments

• 1480311326141.jpg
    1480311326141.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 3,577
Upvote 0
I think advanced text messaging was also added.

For those of you who had the LG G Stylo (Metro/Tmo version) they added video calling and advanced text messaging at the same time. I just checked the stock texting app and saw some things that look like advanced text messaging (Show your typing status and the larger picture capability.

Upvote 0
So far, I see:

- Video Calling
-Advanced text messaging in stock texting app (Larger pictures/videos can be sent. Shows your typing status)
- Shortcut to Voice messaging for the stock texting app
- New emojis in stock texting app. (I've never seen this before)
- Storage Card Update setting: Copy update package to storage card for system updates (Never saw this before)
- Screen glitch fix
- November 2016 security patch

Last edited:
Reactions: cyanidekid
Upvote 0
Please keep us posted on that. I would rather NOT have to send my device out for a software flash (which is all they usually do anyway)....

Only problem now is I have to buy an unlock for my zmax, I switched carriers over the weekend [emoji52]
Well I'm heading home from school now, and I'm glad to report that I haven't had a single disconnect. Granted it's only been about 6 hours but I used to have disconnects like every half hour so I'm calling it good. I also haven't had anymore screen flicker and multitouch issues

Reactions: Spec2nirvash
Upvote 0
Well I'm heading home from school now, and I'm glad to report that I haven't had a single disconnect. Granted it's only been about 6 hours but I used to have disconnects like every half hour so I'm calling it good. I also haven't had anymore screen flicker and multitouch issues

Just got home myself. Update was available, just ran it. Only way for me to test it is to buy unlock code... Got a big FYou after trying to put a T-Mobile SIM in. Greeeeat.

But yeah if you went 6 hours without a network freeze, that may have fixed it. In my case, 6 hours would have been 2-3 airplane mode toggles to keep going.

I'll report back in a few days when I get SIM unlocked. WTF why do we have to pay for unlock when TMO owns Metro.... Lame

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones