• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

Gametheory-
First thank you for the freedom kernel, new to android but rooting and overclocking was my first priority (and removing bloatware(, ,so thank you phone runs great.
Was curious where OTG support resides-(as various usb host checkers have reported not supported) and i cant get it to work.
if its kernel based does the freedom kernel supports OTG Or do i need a new rom for that?
thank you for any help.
LGMS50012b
k4nel 3.4.0 freedom perf

This phone doesn't support otg

Seems like every LG phone I ever had didnt support otg..
But a cheep phone/tablet from another ****** company does.
LG needs to get thier buts out of the gutter and start comming out with
a little more then all the security BS they throw at us. I like my LG's. But maybe its time to switch since times have changed and LG doesnt want to keep up with the changed times.. I sure cant afford $600.00 for a G3..

I did a kitkat port myself, but it has bugs so I'm not posting it and probably won't waste time on it anymore.

I can't make the settings background dark because then you can't see the black font and the font color can't be changed without causing color issues in other places.

I don't like xplore file manager, but if anyone likes it they can install it and then remove the file manager that comes with the rom which is really easy.

You're welcome :)

Love your kernel support but that really sucks. Why are you abandoning KK? Are you doing a Lollipop port? ;)

GT, Does this kernel support Init.D once flashed, no setting changes needed? I installed the latest GT F6 rom then flashed latest freedom kernel, but it seems the init.d not working, had to use the app Universal Init.d from from playstore ..

apply your kernel as indicated , worked well , but over time I turn off the screen and now no longer have any sign of life, not light, or pressing the power button any suggestions ?

apply your kernel as indicated , worked well , but over time I turn off the screen and now no longer have any sign of life, not light, or pressing the power button any suggestions ?

That's strange, I've been using the kernel since day one and still am and haven't had any issues. Restore your phone back to stock, that's all I can really suggest. There's guides in the forum on how to do that or if you made a backup in recovery before installing the kernel you can use that to restore.

if very strange, everything worked fine but when opening a window appeared aplicasion me that " aplicasion had stopped " and the screen will turn off , not on.

Thanks and search what you say in the forum in other post ....

Greetings .

I'm using Carbon Rom on this F6, with the usual random reboots. Flashed this kernel in recovery, rebooted, BLUE SCREEN, can't get to recovery, had to use LG Tool to factory 12b, then root, recovery, rom again. Not using this one again.

I'm using Carbon Rom on this F6, with the usual random reboots. Flashed this kernel in recovery, rebooted, BLUE SCREEN, can't get to recovery, had to use LG Tool to factory 12b, then root, recovery, rom again. Not using this one again.

Next time READ READ READ!

The first post clearly says this is for fimware 12b in red font which is jelly bean 4.1.2 and it says it yet again right above the download link. It's not for kitkat roms.

I usually flash the ROM then the kernel on top of it. Because the ROM contains an old version of the kernel. And flashing them the opposite way doesn't give you the good kernel.

Thanks Gametheory! One more thing, I keep reading things like " this is firmware 12b and 10i". Which one are those and how do they affect the customization?

I usually flash the ROM then the kernel on top of it. Because the ROM contains an old version of the kernel. And flashing them the opposite way doesn't give you the good kernel.

The rom does not contain an older version of the kernel. It's all the same with each higher tier having more features. That gives users choice...

My base kernel - included in xperion
Freedom lite - in first post
Freedom overclocked - in first post

Thanks Gametheory! One more thing, I keep reading things like " this is firmware 12b and 10i". Which one are those and how do they affect the customization?

Don't worry about that. Everything I make is for firmware 12b which is the latest official firmware the phone comes with when you buy it.

I was digging round because a kernel manager (Kernel Auditor) didn't allow me to change cpu governors due to the improper permissions set in the file located > /sys/bus/cpu/devices/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor I have to keep chmod'ing it to 777 to make it work

I've tried making a init.d script to fix these issues but it's a no go on boot(init.d does work! )

Also gpu governor's aren't being applied probably for the same reason.

Any chance you can help me figure out how to set these permissions on boot or help me find the location for the gpu files as well?

I was digging round because a kernel manager (Kernel Auditor) didn't allow me to change cpu governors due to the improper permissions set in the file located > /sys/bus/cpu/devices/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor I have to keep chmod'ing it to 777 to make it work

I've tried making a init.d script to fix these issues but it's a no go on boot(init.d does work! )

Also gpu governor's aren't being applied probably for the same reason.

Any chance you can help me figure out how to set these permissions on boot or help me find the location for the gpu files as well?

I've never used Kernel Auditor, but with SetCPU you can apply cpu governors on boot with no problem.

You can also do it with a properly written init.d script. Like this...
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo "intellidemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo "intellidemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
You can use an init.d script to control almost anything in the kernel as long as you know how to write it.

LG enforces their own settings on every reboot from etc, so whatever app you use must override those settings. Kernel Auditor doesn't do that, but SetCpu and a few other apps do. The init.d script I wrote above overrides LG's settings.

Copy the code above into a text editor and save it as "0cpu" with no extension then just place it in the init.d folder and give it proper permissions. Just change the name of the governor you wish to use as long as it's one from this kernel with proper spelling.

Hey man, sorry to bother you about this but since you were able to make the freedom kernel for Jellybean I was wondering if you could give me any tips on how you did it? I found a website here http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/adding-features-to-your-kernel that talks about it but just wanted to verify if I followed this I would be successful. From what it looks like all you have to do is find the specific file and add a few more lines of frequencies with higher voltages. What was the voltage you had the f6 at for 1.404 Ghz? If you reply to this thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom