• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

hey I just flashed my kernel with freedom. I'm getting low benchmarks antutu 13000 and quadrant 4700 it freaking me out . I also noticed that only sometimes when I check SetCPU that it will still be set on 1600 but underneath it says max 1080 min 384. but most times it says 1600 max and 384min under the active CPU frequency only sometimes there's that decrepitncy. I have tried set on boot ooff and on. aand performance and on demand during the benchs but no difference. I've made sure I have enough free ram too. heres a pic

Use your Quick memo to screen it, then add as attatchment or upload to photobucket or something similar and use bb come.

hey I just flashed my kernel with freedom. I'm getting low benchmarks antutu 13000 and quadrant 4700 it freaking me out . I also noticed that only sometimes when I check SetCPU that it will still be set on 1600 but underneath it says max 1080 min 384. but most times it says 1600 max and 384min under the active CPU frequency only sometimes there's that decrepitncy. I have tried set on boot ooff and on. aand performance and on demand during the benchs but no difference. I've made sure I have enough free ram too. heres a pic

I had this issue too, in trickster you can lock the MHz to 1600, it's only 600 points difference in an tutu score but majority of the time it does hit that 1.6GHz

I can't boot into recovery after flashing this kernel.

I flashed the MS50010i kdz(to do a fresh install of everything), rooted, booted into recovery just fine, made a backup and wiped the cache, flashed the kernel, and everything worked perfectly. When I tried to boot back into recovery to use your debloater, it showed the LG logo twice, then skipped recovery.

I can't boot into recovery after flashing this kernel.

I flashed the MS50010i kdz(to do a fresh install of everything), rooted, booted into recovery just fine, made a backup and wiped the cache, flashed the kernel, and everything worked perfectly. When I tried to boot back into recovery to use your debloater, it showed the LG logo twice, then skipped recovery.
What I do is toggle the volume buttons up and down repeatedly when the LG logo appears to get into recovery. Sometimes it works right away and sometimes it takes a few tries. The 2nd-init recovery was made for the LG Spirit so it has trouble working with custom kernels on other phones.

What I do is toggle the volume buttons up and down repeatedly when the LG logo appears to get into recovery. Sometimes it works right away and sometimes it takes a few tries. The 2nd-init recovery was made for the LG Spirit so it has trouble working with custom kernels on other phones.

Any possibility to add ext 4 support to kernel? Trying to get micros2sd to work :(

Any possibility to add ext 4 support to kernel? Trying to get micros2sd to work :(
Lol That has nothing to do with the kernel. You have to partition your external sd and add an ext4 partition to it. Anyways, go to this link and ask for help there. There's a few ways to get internal to external sd. I'm sure someone in that thread can help you...

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-f6/822780-swap-internal-external-insufficient-storage.html

There are more threads around here for this, just look around the forum.

Ok ok, GT... we need you! From what I have been reading about the file system in Android 4.4 it supports our hybrid file system and lets us use our SD Cards the way they are meant to be. Out of topic I know but you have private messaging turned off. Soooooo next best step, ask publicly. CM has official 10.2 ports for the L9 Also unofficial CM11 ports are out for it. So I know it can be done on the F6. There are ways around the bootloader and a way to flash the F6 with custom roms. Who knows if this "Rumored" KitKat update is even going to happen.. So..

On to the question....

Can you please develop us a 4.4 KitKat rom to use with your freedom kernel :D!!!!

Ey look I brought the topic back into the conversation. ---------------^

Someone is already working on cyanogenmod. I won't be discussing that here. I disabled my private messaging for reasons like this.

Someone is already working on cyanogenmod. I won't be discussing that here. I disabled my private messaging for reasons like this.

Well I went based on the limited activity on the request thread for the F6 on CM, 5 posts in 6 months.. Didn't think it was getting any attention. Also, I see your turning off private messaging for reasons like this kind of defeating the purpose. We could of discussed this there as opposed to here. I did try that route first. Therefore them being off created this. I did ask because you are titled a ROM Developer.

My apologies. Won't happen again.

So I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to stuff like this. But I really need a backup for my HUAWEI ASCEND PLUS. Finally got rooted yesterday and have been trying to tweet my system ever since. That was until I came across this clockworkmod , and has been trouble ever since. Can't find a CWM on any website. So is this kernel of yours the same thing? If no could you please help me out with this problem? Also, I need some schoolin on my An Tu Tu Benchmark & Master please. I go into these apps without a clue. I want to speed up my phone but I don't know where to start. If you can help me out with these problems, I would be much obliged.

So I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to stuff like this. But I really need a backup for my HUAWEI ASCEND PLUS. Finally got rooted yesterday and have been trying to tweet my system ever since. That was until I came across this clockworkmod , and has been trouble ever since. Can't find a CWM on any website. So is this kernel of yours the same thing? If no could you please help me out with this problem? Also, I need some schoolin on my An Tu Tu Benchmark & Master please. I go into these apps without a clue. I want to speed up my phone but I don't know where to start. If you can help me out with these problems, I would be much obliged.
This forum is for the LG Optimus F6. Nothing here can be installed on your phone. Here's the forum for your phone. You can ask for help there...

Ascend - All Things Root - Android Forums

And no... The kernel and CWM recovery aren't the same thing.

LOL how did you get here

When There's Freedom, There's Potential...
Freedom Kernel

Built from F6 kernel source.

For Metro PCS Optimus F6 Firmware I

All details and download are in the link to my site.

If you like my work and want to show some appreciation, please click the thanks button. :)

Enjoy! ;)

Could you unlock the kernel to 2.0GHz and let us beta test some stability :D

Hm... I tried twice to flash this kernel, and both times it's bricked. Can't get back into recovery, because LG Logo won't come up. Occasionally get it into "Download Mode", but that's really iffy. Using LG Support Tool to fix it right now. Tried first time with GT's recovery and second time with PG's.

Hm... I tried twice to flash this kernel, and both times it's bricked. Can't get back into recovery, because LG Logo won't come up. Occasionally get it into "Download Mode", but that's really iffy. Using LG Support Tool to fix it right now. Tried first time with GT's recovery and second time with PG's.
Don't know what you're doing, but I can assure you that the kernel definitely works lol. At the moment there's 345 downloads and you seem to be the only one saying it bricked you. I recommend just sticking with stock.

Don't know what you're doing, but I can assure you that the kernel definitely works lol. At the moment there's 345 downloads and you seem to be the only one saying it bricked you. I recommend just sticking with stock.

I'll try to figure it out this weekend, when I have time. Loved your kernel for the Motion, so looking forward to making it work. Going to go into recovery and make a back up then reboot, see if it still works fine, and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom