• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

If I make a nandroid backup of my phone, will I be able to revert to my old kernel if I use yours?
Yes you can restore the stock kernel by doing an advanced restore from the restore option in recovery and then select your backup then select the option to restore boot.

Got it to work, may have been a corrupt download. Redownloaded the file, and flashed it, up and running!

just to let you know Game Theory the link for the download of this kernel takes you to the F3 version. I've used this kernel a bunch of times do to bricking my phone (all my fault). the last time I downloaded it it made my whole screen go black that's what made me take notice. if you could just fix it for future users

the link for the download of this kernel takes you to the F3 version. I've used this kernel a bunch of times do to bricking my phone (all my fault). the last time I downloaded it it made my whole screen go black that's what made me take notice. Go to Game Theory page and look it up from there. just make sure it says F 6

just to let you know Game Theory the link for the download of this kernel takes you to the F3 version. I've used this kernel a bunch of times do to bricking my phone (all my fault). the last time I downloaded it it made my whole screen go black that's what made me take notice. if you could just fix it for future users
Hey thanks for letting me know I had the wrong link up, much appreciated. ;)

Download link fixed!

I wiped the cache partition and flashed kernel and soft bricked. I flashed kids than tried again but this time I wiped delvik cache and flashed with the same result. What am I doing wrong?

Update: it was the f3 kernel, but I still need to know if I should wipe the delvik cache and/or the cache partition first.

The instructions I have on my site say to wipe cache, but not dalvik. Here they are...

Instructions:

1. Make a backup if you haven't already.
  2. Wipe cache in recovery
  3. Then flash the zip

Future change log will be found in this post.

To-do list:

• tweak smartassv2 and superbad govs a little more
  • add more governors
  • increase overclock some more

Hey I hope you don't get mad of me. But when are you going to further overclock? I appreciate all your work. :)

Hey I hope you don't get mad of me. But when are you going to further overclock? I appreciate all your work. :)
Been really busy lately with work and other projects so I haven't had any time to mess with phones. Gotta pay the bills lol. ;)

I've also been waiting to see if we get the kitkat update so I don't end up making any stuff for nothing. LG started rolling out the update for their korean phones which they always do before releasing updates in the US. So now we have to wait and see when/if we get the update.

I'm getting 12600 in Antutu w/this kernel, set to 1.6, and before I was gettng 13600.

cannot restore my nandroid backup to get rid of it, getting "failed to unmount "/system".

there is another factory reset and update /LG Tool in my crystal ball. Oh well..

I'm getting 12600 in Antutu w/this kernel, set to 1.6, and before I was gettng 13600.

cannot restore my nandroid backup to get rid of it, getting "failed to unmount "/system".

there is another factory reset and update /LG Tool in my crystal ball. Oh well..
Dang you had an issue with the bloatware remover and now with the kernel lol. Both leading you to having to unbrick.

"failed to unmount /system" happens when 2nd-init recovery isn't installed properly and is missing one of its binaries. It's not able to unmount or do much of anything without the binary.

As per the kernel, not much I can say. Works just fine for me.

Dang you had an issue with the bloatware remover and now with the kernel lol. Both leading you to having to unbrick.

"failed to unmount /system" happens when 2nd-init recovery isn't installed properly and is missing one of its binaries. It's not able to unmount or do much of anything without the binary.

As per the kernel, not much I can say. Works just fine for me.

man, I am your Nemesis, lol.

I do appreciate your efforts, truly.

Just sharing my experience, that's all.

If you only wanna praise, I will shut up and die.

Being a developer myself in my past, I know how hard the stuff is.

Cheers.

man, I am your Nemesis, lol.

I do appreciate your efforts, truly.

Just sharing my experience, that's all.

If you only wanna praise, I will shut up and die.

Being a developer myself in my past, I know how hard the stuff is.

Cheers.
Nah no praise and don't want you to shut up and die lol. ;)

Would rather you read through the forums to catch up on things since you've only had the phone a couple days. Could help avoid bricking.

LG has gone through great lengths to lock down these new optimus f-series phones. Things don't work as most expect and as a result bricking is quite easy. Even the most seasoned devs are having a hard time with these devices.

Nah no praise and don't want you to shut up and die lol. ;)

Would rather you read through the forums to catch up on things since you've only had the phone a couple days. Could help avoid bricking.

LG has gone through great lengths to lock down these new optimus f-series phones. Things don't work as most expect and as a result bricking is quite easy. Even the most seasoned devs are having a hard time with these devices.

Your doing a great job so far! Keep up the good work. And thank you for doing for my phone what I can't yet do myself.

Port LG G2 QuickRemote to F6 and I will give you my first-born and will be your slave until the end of eternity. Deal?

I'm kind of new to this. I know its a lot to ask of you. But could you do a YouTube tutorial, or a step by step written tutorial. Of all the apps you need, how to access the correct menus, and what to look for? If you could that would be a great help for this and all newbies. Thankz

After i flashed the freedom kernel i cant reboot in to recovery, can someone please help me?
Toggle the volume buttons up and down repeatedly when the LG logo appears till you get into recovery. Sometimes it works right away and sometimes it takes a few tries. The 2nd-init recovery was made for the LG Spirit so it has trouble working with custom kernels on other phones.

This is the way it's always going to be with this phone unless a fully working CWM recovery is made for it which most likely will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom