• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

So just a progress update. ;)

LG did some changes to the new 12b kernel source code and overclock is not going as high as before(got stable 1.404ghz), but no big deal. I did some tweaks and the benchmarks are still up. I'm getting average 5900 quadrant. With the cache boost and frandom I added, everything is nice and smooth.

I'll try to post the kernel in a little while or in the afternoon. ;)

Kernel Updated

The kernel is now updated to the new 12b firmware. ;)
Screenshot_2014-04-13-00-23-27.png

Why did you lower the overclock? I would have wanted higher.. I'm still using your older 1.6 ghz kernel, and I prefer it. I don't wish to go lower.

What was the reason for the lower clock speeds?

I explained that a few posts up...

LG did some changes to the new 12b kernel source code and overclock is not going as high as before(got stable 1.404ghz), but no big deal. I did some tweaks and the benchmarks are still up. I'm getting average 5900 quadrant. With the cache boost and frandom I added, everything is nice and smooth.

Does anyone have a stock 12b kernel? I didn't grab mine when I updated. So, for the psuedo update, that is the only part i am missing....

Wish this worked with the SD card hack but I already rooted to 12 b and did the SD card hack. Will you pave out way at sometime? Thanks gt

Maybe I should start over than, is this freedom kernel worth it for starting all over? Thanks gt

That's a question only you can answer. You have to determine what you wan't/need more, sd hack or kernel features. I use this kernel so that my phone runs smoother and saves a little more battery. Most noticeable for me is when the phone first boots up it does its media scanning faster and also phone connects to wifi quicker. If you play games you can get some better performance for the games.

If you're happy with your current setup, keep it as is. ;)

I was having memory problems as to where I'd download large files and I wouldn't have space, with link2sd does it download Strait to external so I don't get the insufficient internal space before I can move the game/file

Hey GT, do you recommend link2sd plus? Will it allow me to get more storage than the free one already does? Thanks

Hmmm not sure, when I first got this phone I tried the free version and it was fine. To be honest I haven't had any internal sd mod installed for the past 2 months since I've been working on a rom. Only mods I've had installed since starting the rom have been freedom kernel and cwm recovery.

If all goes well I could have the rom finished by the end of the week. Maybe I'll post some screenshots later so you guys can have a sneek peek. ;)

Edit:
Just saw this under plus features in play store and this sounds like it would be worth it...
Plus features:
- Links internal data directories of the apps to SD card

Hmmm not sure, when I first got this phone I tried the free version and it was fine. To be honest I haven't had any internal sd mod installed for the past 2 months since I've been working on a rom. Only mods I've had installed since starting the rom have been freedom kernel and cwm recovery.

If all goes well I could have the rom finished by the end of the week. Maybe I'll post some screenshots later so you guys can have a sneek peek. ;)

Edit:
Just saw this under plus features in play store and this sounds like it would be worth it...
Plus features:
- Links internal data directories of the apps to SD card

Yeah that's what im curious about. Don't want to spend money on it unless it benefits this phone. Will that feature help free up more storage on my phone? I'm already using the free version by the way.

Haha alright cool I'll be sure to check it out when its done thanks!

Yeah that's what im curious about. Don't want to spend money on it unless it benefits this phone. Will that feature help free up more storage on my phone? I'm already using the free version by the way.

Haha alright cool I'll be sure to check it out when its done thanks!

I've only used the free version so I can't tell you for sure. I do know that many apps like games install lots of data so the plus feature would be great for this. Since I've never used the plus version I can't tell you how well it works. Later on I'll look around for a youtube video for the plus version to check it out.

I've only used the free version so I can't tell you for sure. I do know that many apps like games install lots of data so the plus feature would be great for this. Since I've never used the plus version I can't tell you how well it works. Later on I'll look around for a youtube video for the plus version to check it out.

Ahh I see. Well thats okay I'll just buy it. you don't have to go through that trouble for me;) Thanks for being a great help and contributor here:)

how about a work on the LG g2 remote to our f6, I have a 10 dollar amazon gift card through email I can forward to you =)

how about a work on the LG g2 remote to our f6, I have a 10 dollar amazon gift card through email I can forward to you =)

Thanks that's very nice of you, but I'm not sure if I can do it since it was made for a higher version of android plus porting apps is not something I really do. I tend to focus on roms, kernels, and themes which is what I know well.

Thanks that's very nice of you, but I'm not sure if I can do it since it was made for a higher version of android plus porting apps is not something I really do. I tend to focus on roms, kernels, and themes which is what I know well.
I don't like being a leecher =) you deserve it anyway so if you want it I'll give it to you I'm not running your work on my f6 but I hate how developers like yourself usually work for free

Back
Top Bottom