• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

Hello guys, quick question. Just flashed this and I see no change, how will I know if the flash worked? It seems everyone is overclocking with setCPU which I do not have yet, new to rooting/modding so I am trying to take it one step at a time. thank you.

BTW: I am on the 12b

Hello guys, quick question. Just flashed this and I see no change, how will I know if the flash worked? It seems everyone is overclocking with setCPU which I do not have yet, new to rooting/modding so I am trying to take it one step at a time. thank you.

BTW: I am on the 12b

The kernel is not something you see. You can install it and use it as is and it will provide some enhancements and save battery. If you wish to overclock then you'll need an app like SetCPU.

The kernel is not something you see. You can install it and use it as is and it will provide some enhancements and save battery. If you wish to overclock then you'll need an app like SetCPU.

Ah, I see. I did notice my launcher lag a lot less and chrome is a bit speedier...thank you so much for your work GameTheory

Hey GT so I solved this other issue I was having by staying on the outdated firmware, im having an issue with my battery that wont allow it do go above 30%. Can this be fixed in profiles of setcpu?

Edit: When I uninstall SetCPU it charges normally so i know it's not the battery, any solutions?

Hey GT so I solved this other issue I was having by staying on the outdated firmware, im having an issue with my battery that wont allow it do go above 30%. Can this be fixed in profiles of setcpu?

Edit: When I uninstall SetCPU it charges normally so i know it's not the battery, any solutions?

Don't know, try another app from the play store or go to app settings and wipe data for SetCPU and see if that helps. Not much else I can suggest.

Thank you sooooooooo much for this! My ignorant self took several hours to revert to 10i, root and flash the kernel because I'm new to this and didn't want to brick my phone. Next step is to painstakingly upgrade to 12b and flash that custom rom.

Would it be possible to add otg support somehow in the kernel? It was done before on other phones. Unless I'm one of the few that would actually like that feature.

Anyone know which firmware I can flash for T-mobile F6? Do I use 12b or 10i? Thanks in advance.

For firmware 12b:
Download

For firmware 10i:
Download

Anyone know which firmware I can flash for T-mobile F6? Do I use 12b or 10i? Thanks in advance.

For firmware 12b:
Download

For firmware 10i:
Download

Depends what t-mobile firmware you're on. If you're on the latest 10h firmware then you flash my latest 12b kernel.

Also keep in mind that noone has given me confirmation that this works for t-mobile which is why I haven't posted it in the t-mobile forum.

Depends what t-mobile firmware you're on. If you're on the latest 10h firmware then you flash my latest 12b kernel.

Also keep in mind that noone has given me confirmation that this works for t-mobile which is why I haven't posted it in the t-mobile forum.

Thanks SO MUCH for the quick reply, yes I am on 10h! Have a great day GameTheory! Loving your xperion rom btw!

I can't access your website.

I used to be able to, but not it just stalls forever after loading the top logo. Would you mind posting the intructions and links for installing this kernal in the forums since I can't read it from your site

My website is working fine and I prefer to keep my direct download links on my site. I don't want them hosted anywhere else.

hey - i am pretty new to all this stuff. I installed the kernal and SetCPU shows me freedom kernal in the device info.

When i run AnTutu the score is coming 14783. Also the SetCPU shows me the max mhz as 1404

is there anything else i need to do to bump it up? - I changed the governor to performance though.

any help is appreciated.

hey - i am pretty new to all this stuff. I installed the kernal and SetCPU shows me freedom kernal in the device info.

When i run AnTutu the score is coming 14783. Also the SetCPU shows me the max mhz as 1404

is there anything else i need to do to bump it up? - I changed the governor to performance though.

any help is appreciated.

The performance governor is best for running benchmarks, but terrible for everyday use if your looking for good battery life.

I run my phone with the interactive governor and 1.2ghz max and 384mhz min, but when I need some extra power I overclock to 1.4ghz. This works best for me to save battery and still get good performance. I also use SetCPU to make my adjustments.

I had this running on my T-Mobile D500 for about a month
The only issue I had was with Wifi, where it would only be enabled by restarting the device with wifi on.

After a full system wipe, I installed your Xperion ROM and have not had any issues.

This seems to work without issue on T-Mobile 10h

dev, can you add UV? could probably ramp down a few steps on lower end and save a lot of battery, alot more than interactive governor which is actually quite aggressive. +1 on OTG too! ty for reading!

Forgot to say, thanks for the work that you do here GameTheory, really appreciate it.

I didn't know until today there was even a ROM available for this phone, yowsers! What do you think about prospect of an unlocked bootloader in the not so distant future along with more ports (e.g. Slim, Cyanogen, etc) potentially headed to this fantastically cheap F6 of ours? :D

That and undervolting + otg on your solid kernel would be a dream come true for a nerd!

What do you think about prospect of an unlocked bootloader in the not so distant future along with more ports (e.g. Slim, Cyanogen, etc) potentially headed to this fantastically cheap F6 of ours? :D

I'd imagine that our very few devs here would be bringing in more roms after the kit kat update

Back
Top Bottom