• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

Bootloader most likely never gonna get unlocked on this phone, that's been covered a lot over a few threads. As for requests, I usually try not to comment... I do what I can as time allows.

is KitKat MS500 source now a foregone conclusion? 2nd, doesn't the locked bootloader cause the biggest drag for ROM devs relative to this device? not being sarcastic, It's hard to ferret these things out because the xda community is pretty lackluster for this handset and i've only had a week or two.

anyway, running this bad boy now interactive on both cpu and gpu with Trickster Mod, noop, 1.2ghz. maybe we can really get this project going and incorporate many kernel features from CAF [CAF KERNEL] [3.4+] Chaos 12.0 [Stable] [05/

To avoid ongoing requests which it seems this is where you're going, I'll be straight... I'm not taking any requests. If you want more features you should probably learn how to build your own kernel so you can add all the features you want to your hearts content.

If you want to discuss bootloader or kitkat have a look HERE, that's the non root section where there's plenty of threads on those topics.

'I'll do what I can' just took an effin nosedive didn't it? lmao :)

"just took an effin nosedive" Seriously? Have you bothered to consider the amount of time I've already put into this phone?

And don't go taking things out of context, I never said "I'll do what I can". That would imply my commitment to your requests which I never did...
As for requests, I usually try not to comment... I do what I can as time allows.

I don't have a lot of free time and I'm not gonna drop more important things just to mess with a phone. I do updates to my work when I can if they're not too time consuming. Like I said, learn how to build a kernel so you can have exactly what you want.

Before any thing else is said, I would just like to say this.

Not saying there aren't others working on this device. PressY4pie for example, And myself (kinda), and a few others. You have done quite a bit for us. And before all the fighting and confusion, I on behalf of this phones owners that use your content, would like to say thank for all your hard work.

However, I digress. I don't think yelling or bashing is going to help people learn. I agree that people need to learn to code, don't get me wrong. I also agree that your work should be kept from other projects for confusion and trouble shooting and for a few other reasons. But understand if you release work like this, it will attract a crowd. And it will generate interactions like this one.

I do not wish you to leave us at all, you have done so much for us for nothing.

So please people, understand he is human and he has a life, a family, and other things to take care of. And GT, This is fame my man. It happens. :)

And to end this, free hugs for all?

Crazy how i score lower with this kernel 13k and 14k with the stock one. Even with performance gov and the scores are allover the place.

It was clocked to 1.6 ghz, but for most phones, it was unstable. He lowered it down and added new features, and you got this. For reliability I doubt that he will. I happen to be one of the lucky few, and still use that old kernel. I have not had many problems with it, but I do understand why he did what he did. Because of hardware limitations, I do not believe that this phone can go much further. This will leave it up to the software developers to use what they have. More optimized software for the hardware, will run smoother than overclock hardware any day. Example, Apple iPhone.

Will you ever overclock this kernel higher?

It was clocked to 1.6 ghz, but for most phones, it was unstable. He lowered it down and added new features, and you got this. For reliability I doubt that he will. I happen to be one of the lucky few, and still use that old kernel. I have not had many problems with it, but I do understand why he did what he did. Because of hardware limitations, I do not believe that this phone can go much further. This will leave it up to the software developers to use what they have. More optimized software for the hardware, will run smoother than overclock hardware any day. Example, Apple iPhone.

Been wanting to do an installer that lets you pick between 2 or 3 different versions of Freedom, but haven't had time. That way there would be higher oc for those that could run it. For me 1.6ghz ran good on 10i, but not on 12b.

Gt do you have a copy of the 1.6 oc kernel i can try out see if its stable for me?

Check his website it's still there... Although it was created from 10i source. I used to have it but updated because your device runs a lot slower and unstable with it on 12b. I got benchmark scores of 3000+ which is awful. I do hope there will be further overclock but one designed for 12b.

Gt do you have a copy of the 1.6 oc kernel i can try out see if its stable for me?

It's the link that says for "firmware 10i", just click the download link in the first post and you'll see it. Though 10i kernel may run smooth on 12b firmware as stated in a previous post, I wouldn't recommend it. Besides 200mhz isn't gonna make much difference.

Is there any need for custom profiles for your kernel like underclocking once the cpu or battery reach a certain temp?
Props to you GameTheory for all of the work you have done modding this phone. If it wasn't for guys like you, us noobs would be S.O.L. when it comes to mods.

Breaks camera if u use 10i kernel on 12b

Shouldn't be using 10i kernel on 12b firmware, not recommended.

Is there any need for custom profiles for your kernel like underclocking once the cpu or battery reach a certain temp?
Props to you GameTheory for all of the work you have done modding this phone. If it wasn't for guys like you, us noobs would be S.O.L. when it comes to mods.

Thanks ;)

It's up to you if think profiles may be of any use to you. I don't use any profiles since the interactive governor keeps the cpu at 384mhz and only ramps up to what it needs depending on what your doing. I only overclock if I need it.

I was referring to the person who said u could use the 10i kernel with 12b

For some people 10i kernel will work on 12b firmware fine with no issue, but for most it won't work well. That's why I don't recommend it. The person you're referring to got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom