• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [MS500] Freedom Kernel Overclocked **Updated 6/17/15**

I have a question, why do I need this inrorder to overclock? Can't I just use the apps in the Google Play to do this? And if not, what is the difference? Thanks.

Guessing you truly don't know what this is...? Our phone is clocked at 1.2ghz but this pushes it up to 1.6ghz

I have read that on certain phones that lacked otg support, people were able to enable it in the kernel. Would this be possible on the F6?

im a noob with a quick question... do i need to have the Loki bootloader bypass already flashed on my phone before i can flash this kernel??? or does it come with it???

im a noob with a quick question... do i need to have the Loki bootloader bypass already flashed on my phone before i can flash this kernel??? or does it come with it???
Just flash the kernel with the instructions I posted. That's it!

All details can be found in the first post where I already mentioned that the kernel is loki'd under added features. Make sure to read everything before you install.

GT, has it been confirmed that we can remove Google apps like play books, play games, play magazines, play movies & tv & music

I removed those apps from my F6 with no issues.

I manually removed all bloatware through root explorer the same day I purchased this phone. From what I can tell this phone is not like the spirit or motion where removing certain bloatware may cause a brick.

I manually removed all bloatware through root explorer the same day I purchased this phone. From what I can tell this phone is not like the spirit or motion where removing certain bloatware may cause a brick.
I added the feature to the kernel anyways.

I just upgraded from the lg esteem and love this phone!:D
I tried this kernel on my F6 but kept getting lower scores than stock on quadrant standard so im not sure what im doing wrong:confused: Thank you for your hard work!!:)

Yes.. well this is what I set it to and this is what I get, no biggie just not sure why its lower:)

Attachments

• 2014-02-26-16-04-06.jpg
    2014-02-26-16-04-06.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 119
  • 2014-02-26-16-06-00.jpg
    2014-02-26-16-06-00.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 128
Is it wipe partition or mounts/format cache, then flash zip? Can i wipe dalvik in there and help anything at all or just leave it be?

I wipes cache and flashes zip, but my kernal shows 3.4.0. I would guess it is supposed tosay freedom kernal. I have screenshot . How do i ise settings of the overclock?

I wipes cache and flashes zip, but my kernal shows 3.4.0. I would guess it is supposed tosay freedom kernal. I have screenshot . How do i ise settings of the overclock?
It's suppose to show 3.4.0 since you are using the stock rom. If you want to see it say freedom kernel you need to look at device info with SetCPU or other similar app. I use SetCPU to control the kernel.

Thanks gonna give it ago with settings from your previous post. Is there any update on your settings like clocking cpu higher?

Thanks gonna give it ago with settings from uour previous post. Is tbere any upfate om your settings like clocking cpu higher?
Not really sure what you're asking cause of your mispellings, but here are some details...

you can clock up to 1.6ghz from the stock 1.2ghz
you can switch to any of the new governors
you can use init.d scripts

also here is a post for recommended daily usage settings...
http://androidforums.com/6435874-post5.html

Also read through the thread to see if there is any other info useful to you. It's just a kernel though, don't see what more info you can need.

Thanks for all you do!! Typos corrected in post, sorry. Lol What I meant is in governor settings, just leave as default? Once again, great work!!

Thanks

Yeah I leave the governor default settings, but it's up to you if you want to mess with them. I been sticking with interactive gov since it's my favorite. It's well balanced for performance and battery saving.

Back
Top Bottom