• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][AROMA] LG Optimus F6 - Dana - Ver.2

@Bard Hey Bard. I would like to thank you so much for you ROM. It is just like stock but what I am concerned about is if there is away around the metropcs hotspot tethering block. I know that it is something within the code but I haven't delve deep In that mess. Furthermore, I did get through the hotspot code but my phone was flashed to CarbonROM but didn't like it because of the bugs and signal it gave off. So do you think you can see how to by pass this mess?

Upvote 0
that launcher that ships with this ROM doesn't have notification count. (displays the number of unread items on the icon). But i notice that there are some launchers (especially the one shipped with kit kat mini ROM) that displays notification. Is it possible to install the LG home from kit kat rom on this? will there be any problems?

Thanks 'n advance for any reply.

Upvote 0
that launcher that ships with this ROM doesn't have notification count. (displays the number of unread items on the icon). But i notice that there are some launchers (especially the one shipped with kit kat mini ROM) that displays notification. Is it possible to install the LG home from kit kat rom on this? will there be any problems?

Thanks 'n advance for any reply.
No the launcher from the KitKat ROM won't work on jellybean.

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
I installed the update mentioned in #145 and it went fine. Surprise is that the new launcher now has partial support for notification count that I was looking for.

it now displays no of missed calls, texts and whatsapp messages. But the email does not display the no of unread items. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you so much for the ROM @Bard

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
UPDATE LOG
09/12/2014 - V.2
* Apps updated - Youtube, Next App Keyboard and more
* Default AOSP lockscreen for non-LG Launcher
* AOSP Welcome screen instead of LG Welcome (simper & faster)
* Minor error fixes and build prop updates.

08/26/2014 - V.2
* More Aroma choices
- Launcher selection
- Keyboard selection
- Email App selection
- Browser selection
- Extra Tweak selection

* Modified Build.prop little bit
- NFC turned off default
- Default Brightness reduced to 30%

08/21/2014 - Live V.1
* Aroma installer added
* TR, Recovery apps removed (the device is still rooted and recover installed)
* Gallery added back
* I used most recent Google Search (Google Now) and Google Keyboard but it still says you need to update them. Just click okay and update.

08/15/2014
* Beta V.1 uploaded
* Initial upload to the public

SCREEN SHOTS
2014-08-15-15-27-03%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-27-15%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-27-36%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-28-21%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-28-41%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-15-15-29-21%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-21-10-42-58%5B1%5D.jpg

2014-08-21-10-43-25%5B1%5D.jpg

LF_F6_Dana_V1.zip.screenshoot-1%5B1%5D.bmp

LF_F6_Dana_V1.zip.screenshoot-4%5B1%5D.bmp

h
Does GT's kernel work with this rom?
I wiped everything except sdcard using advanced wipe from twrp and rom installed great but now i dont see app to boot into recovery anymore.do i have to reinstall recovery again?Thanks in advance for your help.
I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones