• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

might as well be first

today

Android Expert
I got my first smartphone April 28 2010. The droid incredible. Still looks, feels and works incredible. Rooted and running liberation rom. Keeping my eye out for something to WOW me. I like stock sense, even tho it seems KOOL to be a h8tr. It looks and works like like a fine automobile. I want my next smartphone to show significant improvements in WOW to what I have now. Will this new Incredible 4g be that phone? I certainly hope so. Every time I'm eligible for a subsidized upgrade, I feel I should do it because I am paying for it anyway.

Not the first, check out the HTC fireball thread. That is the Incredible 4Gs code name. Specs are rumored to be a middle tier phone, which is disappointing, and while I will be passing.

You knew I knew that. Rumors are not truths. Maybe it will be what I'm looking for. My incredible is running super smooth, so I could happily wait till Christmas if I have to to get a true upgrade.

i had my first smartphone last feb, DInc. love it and was really spoiled to start with a winner.

rooted it and never looked back. DInc 4g is a true disappointment. i've encouraged my wife to start in smartphone-world with and HTC. i've recently gotten the Vigor and love it. if u really want to use ur upgrade...i recommend.

i would tell u to wait for htc one xl, but ain't gonna happen. Vigor is awesome. waiting for ICS OTA to decide if i'll root. probably will to rid myself of crapware.

hope this helps.

Just going to wait this the phone comes out and see what it's all about. I love my Inc and in order for me to upgrade, I would need no bigger then a 4" screen with all the new technology in it. Otherwise I have NO issue staying with my Inc. JMO!

It's going to have a 4.3"display.
That's what I keep seeing, almost exactly like the One S or the exact same display.
SAMOLED qHD I think.

This phone with the dual core 1.2ghz S4 processor will not be mid tier.
It will be top of the line to me, as far as processor goes, the first on VZW. Not to mention probably have great battery life for a 4g phone due to the SoC integrated LTE on the processor...
This phone will be amazing performance wise...
I'm telling you, this phone will take a lot of people by surprise.

One needs to understand that most people out there and here are not educated in smartphone SoC CPUs. They simply have no idea what Cortex 15 or Krait CPU cores even are

Once this phone is released it will be 2 times as fast as the fastest phone on Verizons network until the 1.5ghz S4 units come out.

One needs to understand that most people out there and here are not educated in smartphone SoC CPUs. They simply have no idea what Cortex 15 or Krait CPU cores even are

Once this phone is released it will be 2 times as fast as the fastest phone on Verizons network until the 1.5ghz S4 units come out.

+1
I agree.
Can't wait for the first (this Inc4G) phone with a S4 integrated with LTE on the Soc chip and ICS.

It's going to have a 4.3"display.
That's what I keep seeing, almost exactly like the One S or the exact same display.
SAMOLED qHD I think.

This phone with the dual core 1.2ghz S4 processor will not be mid tier.
It will be top of the line to me, as far as processor goes, the first on VZW. Not to mention probably have great battery life for a 4g phone due to the SoC integrated LTE on the processor...
This phone will be amazing performance wise...
I'm telling you, this phone will take a lot of people by surprise.

Agreed. I think the S4 is what is going to seperate this phone from the rest of their current line-up.

I toyed mentally, with the idea of a 4.3 inch screen for the new 4g3, and was actually digging it. Went over to visit my nephew last night and he just got a razor maxx. Folks, that ain't no phone. Call it what YOU want. I won't go that big. No way. Please dont be larger than the dinc2. On the bright side, only 12 days until the NFL draft, and the launch of my next new phone (potentially).

I toyed mentally, with the idea of a 4.3 inch screen for the new 4g3, and was actually digging it. Went over to visit my nephew last night and he just got a razor maxx. Folks, that ain't no phone. Call it what YOU want. I won't go that big. No way. Please dont be larger than the dinc2. On the bright side, only 12 days until the NFL draft, and the launch of my next new phone (potentially).

Something to consider, not all 4.3" phones are as wide as the Razr Maxx. Take the Rezound for example, it's a 4.3, but it's taller & narrower. My Rezound is the same width as my old Inc 2, just taller. The Thunderbolt was also a 4.3, but like the EVO it's a bit shorter & wider than the Rezound. Think of it this way, there are stretched 4.3" phones with a screen more like a movie screen (Rezound, Sensation, Droid X series, Galaxy Nexus), & there are phones with a screen more like most HDTVs which aren't quite as stretched (Thunderbolt, EVO, Droid Razr series, etc.).

I held the original Droid Razr & instantly didn't like the feel in the hand. It was too wide & thin, it felt like I was holding a large credit card & kinda bit into my hand. The G-Nex & the Rezound felt more comfortable to me. I couldnt imagine trying to use a Razr one handed. Now I hear that some who didn't like the feel of the original Razr say that the Razr Maxx feels better in the hand, bit unless youre able to Palm a basketball I still think one handed use would be difficult.

If the Inc 4g does end up being a 4.3" phone, I'd suggest trying it out in a store first. Going from an Inc 2 to a Rezound was no problem for me, it's just a bit taller. So if it follows the same form factor I don't think you'd have any issue.

Not the first, check out the HTC fireball thread. That is the Incredible 4Gs code name. Specs are rumored to be a middle tier phone, which is disappointing, and while I will be passing.

s4 is far from middle tier. That processor runs circles around anything on verizon. Do a google search. Just because it doesnt have an hd screen people say it is middle tier. I think a lot of people are going to be impressed. This is pretty much verizon's version of the one s which you can see how those are performing.

Yes, the S4 is no slouch!

This amazes me.
I cruised around some "other" Android phone sites to see what was being said about the upcoming dinc4g, they were totally bashing it!

Calling it mid-teir trash, user hating on each other for wanting a device with a 4 inch screen, why does hTC keep making stuff like this for Verizon...etc., etc.
All "they" seem to be interested in is number of cores, big screen size & big battery capacity.
One user, with all agreeing with him, wanted to see a 6.5" display with 3500 mah battery.

I think this phone well be great, and i will be my next phone...
Haters gonna hate...

6.5"??? Good Gawd people... IT IS A PHONE!!!! it just happens to be a damn decent ultra-portable computer as well. You want something bigger, buy a tablet.

4" or 4.3 will still fit in a pocket. They can bash away, "they" have no life and spend too much time staring down at their hands. LOOK UP PEOPLE! The whole world is happening around and you are missing it!:rolleyes:

Rant over:cool:

Yes, the S4 is no slouch!

This amazes me.
I cruised around some "other" Android phone sites to see what was being said about the upcoming dinc4g, they were totally bashing it!

Calling it mid-teir trash, user hating on each other for wanting a device with a 4 inch screen, why does hTC keep making stuff like this for Verizon...etc., etc.
All "they" seem to be interested in is number of cores, big screen size & big battery capacity.
One user, with all agreeing with him, wanted to see a 6.5" display with 3500 mah battery.

I think this phone well be great, and i will be my next phone...
Haters gonna hate...

It's because the android sites are becoming as bad as the apple sites whereas if the phone doesn't have a huge screen and hd it is automatically mid tier and "garbage" according to them. Nothing compares to the nexus even though this will blow the underperforming nexus out of the water

You're right, nothing is good enough for 'em.
No 5"+ full HD screen with 2+ cores, they call it lackluster...

This dinc4g will surprise them though...
They will want to return their high end devices for this when they see the processor and battery life performance.
Just like thunderbolt users did for the Dinc2.;)

I agree with everyone's sentiments thus far. I remember purchasing the OG Inc as my first REAL smartphone and LOVING IT.

After it broke Best Buy gave me an Incredible 2 pretty much 1 year to the date from when I purchased the OG. I loved the screen and battery life of the Inc2 and the performance was just wonderful (especially with some custom roms!)

I sold the Inc2 (and regret it!) to get an iPhone 4s - horrible, horrible decision. Claustrophobia became my companion.

Now I'm using a friend's discarded HTC Trophy Windows Phone and can't stand that either (same reasons I hated the 4s)

I'm now waiting most impatiently for the Incredible 4G announcement and hopefully a review or two before launch. I want this to be my next phone, and I want it to do justice to the Incredible Line that so far have been the best phones I've used to date.

My only major concern is the screen - I'd prefer 4.3" but honestly am no longer sure that's a deal breaker. I want great performance (guaranteed given the specs), signal, and battery life. Make the screen look fantastic and I'm sold - I really hope it looks better than the RAZR which I think is garbage.

At first I thought it was One X or bust but now I think I've reflected on what's most important - plus if it's got SD and a removable battery, I'm like a kid in a candy store. Release it and TAKE MY MONEY

Sorry for the rambling, I've been on junk phones for two months now and am having horrible withdrawals...

I agree with everyone's sentiments thus far. I remember purchasing the OG Inc as my first REAL smartphone and LOVING IT.

After it broke Best Buy gave me an Incredible 2 pretty much 1 year to the date from when I purchased the OG. I loved the screen and battery life of the Inc2 and the performance was just wonderful (especially with some custom roms!)

I sold the Inc2 (and regret it!) to get an iPhone 4s - horrible, horrible decision. Claustrophobia became my companion.

Now I'm using a friend's discarded HTC Trophy Windows Phone and can't stand that either (same reasons I hated the 4s)

I'm now waiting most impatiently for the Incredible 4G announcement and hopefully a review or two before launch. I want this to be my next phone, and I want it to do justice to the Incredible Line that so far have been the best phones I've used to date.

My only major concern is the screen - I'd prefer 4.3" but honestly am no longer sure that's a deal breaker. I want great performance (guaranteed given the specs), signal, and battery life. Make the screen look fantastic and I'm sold - I really hope it looks better than the RAZR which I think is garbage.

At first I thought it was One X or bust but now I think I've reflected on what's most important - plus if it's got SD and a removable battery, I'm like a kid in a candy store. Release it and TAKE MY MONEY

Sorry for the rambling, I've been on junk phones for two months now and am having horrible withdrawals...

I am on a 4s now and am waiting for one of the newer lte phones to come out and this is looking like the phone for me. Gonna wait and see what the reviewers say before picking one up

I am on a 4s now and am waiting for one of the newer lte phones to come out and this is looking like the phone for me. Gonna wait and see what the reviewers say before picking one up

Yep, wait for some others to get it and see what the reviews are.

I have never used any type of iproduct, is it true on a 4s you cannot even have a widget on a homescreen?

That sounds really horrible to me.

I don't really use widgets so it doesn't bother me to much. I am sure apple will add that in a future update and claim they are the first to do so.

Back
Top Bottom