• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui update!!

LakersDroid

Android Expert
Jan 5, 2013
Orange, CA
For those who would like to try out this rom here's the update to the newest V5 (Jellybean 4.1.2): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2047911

MMS works on Virgin Mobile. Voicemail installed but don't work. Some small bugs.

For those who would like to try out the ICS MIUI here's the final V4 (ICS 4.0.3):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1571021

Pretty much everything works including 3D! No 4G. This is a smooth stable ROM.

Credits: digitalhigh for this great MIUI rom

HTF do you turn on root access!?? LOL

Edit: Nvm.. I got it.. LOL had to find the permissions manager.

Edit2: I gotta say.. This ROM definitely reminds me of Apples iOS.

Yeah it does LOL

Well I already encountered some errors and force closes.
Sent myself an MMS and never received....
And even though I chose Virgin during install rom is saying "Sprint"
hmmm and No 3D.

Upvote 0
Yeah it does LOL

Well I already encountered some errors and force closes.
Sent myself an MMS and never received....
And even though I chose Virgin during install rom is saying "Sprint"
hmmm and No 3D.

Yeah mine still says sprint at the top too. Cant test MMS yet.. I need to get a phone card. D= Only force close I have seen so far is the xaomi framework login or whatever it is.

I kinda almost like it. Its definitely different looking. Seems there are LOTS of themes for this too. Hopefully itl be more stable soon.

Upvote 0
Yeah mine still says sprint at the top too. Cant test MMS yet.. I need to get a phone card. D= Only force close I have seen so far is the xaomi framework login or whatever it is.

I kinda almost like it. Its definitely different looking. Seems there are LOTS of themes for this too. Hopefully itl be more stable soon.

Yeah i had that force closed on me when I opened the message app.

Also force closed on me when I tried to access some options in Settings.

MMS no go for me

I like the look of this rom and the icons, but until it's become more stable.

Upvote 0
I got both MMS and Voicemail working!!

You first need to get the XaomiServiceFramework.apk from the 3.4.20 build and replace the new one in build 3.4.26 with it.

Then, manually navigate to the "appz" folder and extract everything. the MMS.apk, vvm-virgin.apk, and vmcheck.apk (optional), and the apns-con.xml

Delete the MMS.apk in /app and replace it the extracted one. also add the vvm-virgin.apk and vmcheck.apk (virgin minute checker app). and put the apns-con.xml in the /etc folder replacing the one in there.

After that install rom, don't select the virgin mobile option. Just leave it Sprint and install!

YOu will get mms, vvm and no more xaomi framework errors or some stuff force closing. This is a nice rom. might be my new favorite. :)

Upvote 0
I got both MMS and Voicemail working!!

You first need to get the XaomiServiceFramework.apk from the 3.4.20 build and replace the new one in build 3.4.26 with it.

Then, manually navigate to the "appz" folder and extract everything. the MMS.apk, vvm-virgin.apk, and vmcheck.apk (optional), and the apns-con.xml

Delete the MMS.apk in /app and replace it the extracted one. also add the vvm-virgin.apk and vmcheck.apk (virgin minute checker app). and put the apns-con.xml in the /etc folder replacing the one in there.

After that install rom, don't select the virgin mobile option. Just leave it Sprint and install!

YOu will get mms, vvm and no more xaomi framework errors or some stuff force closing. This is a nice rom. might be my new favorite. :)

Now why cant the creator of the ROM do this simple stuff before releasing.. Instead of making us figure out how to make it work. :p

I dont even know where to look for the older version, To get the files from. They only have the latest ROM posted on the xda page.

Upvote 0
Now why cant the creator of the ROM do this simple stuff before releasing.. Instead of making us figure out how to make it work. :p

I dont even know where to look for the older version, To get the files from. They only have the latest ROM posted on the xda page.

It's on goo : Goo.im Downloads - Browsing miuiv5

Just look for digitalhigh and look for "miuiv5" folder. the older 3.4.20 version is in there.

My internet sucks so it will take a while to upload the version with fixes applied. Faster if you do the fixes yourself if you have fast internet, honestly :D

Upvote 0
If you want to try this rom and have MMS working and no xaomi framework errors, follow my instructions. It's simple. :)

I'm having trouble finding the XaomiServiceFramework.apk. I have 3.4.20 and am looking in the system folder but do not see it. Is it hidden somewhere else?

Thanks for the fix btw!

Edit: Nevermind. Found it in the system\app folder.

Upvote 0
Gee, maybe it's because the creator of the ROM has a Sprint phone and can't test Virgin stuff, or because the ROM wasn't even released this week, but he still made a build from PatchROM and had it done within hours of the official release. Or maybe it's because he also has a job, and a wife, and a kid, and a house to take care of on top of doing weekly releases for the past effing year.

My thread's URL is posted in several places...

If you have requests, suggestions, or bugs, please post them there, as I clearly don't have time to follow fifty different threads to keep updates out.

I will be releasing a fix in a few minutes to address this week's issues, including Virgin MMS/VM.

Upvote 0
Gee, maybe it's because the creator of the ROM has a Sprint phone and can't test Virgin stuff, or because the ROM wasn't even released this week, but he still made a build from PatchROM and had it done within hours of the official release. Or maybe it's because he also has a job, and a wife, and a kid, and a house to take care of on top of doing weekly releases for the past effing year.

If you have requests, suggestions, or bugs, please post them there, as I clearly don't have time to follow fifty different threads to keep updates out.

I will be releasing a fix in a few minutes to address this week's issues, including Virgin MMS/VM.

Wow. SMH. it was a joke. lol. Didnt mean to cause problems. I know there is always a reason there are bugs. Chill. All we were trying to do was help and especially me, gets my head bitten off for doing so. :D

Its okay. soon enough Ill have my own ROM and kernel, So i dont bother anyone anymore. lol

Upvote 0

Digitalhigh, welcome to Android Forum :) and thanks for making this rom!!!

I would post on XDA if it wasn't for the fact that I haven't made enough post on there to be able to post in development threads XD

I ran this rom for a few days and found some issues but managed to have MMS working and VVM working.

Not sure if this is specific to Virgin phones but whenever I select the Buttons&Keys option in settings the app force close. Also another issue is that shutting down the phone cause it to just hang at the shutting down screen. Last but not least, when you plug in the charger, phone screen will never goes to sleep even if you have that option disabled in settings.

It's all real issues because I was able to duplicate them after few clean installs.

Could you please look into that.

Once again thanks for making this rom!! It would be my daily if it doesn't have the shutting down issues for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones