• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui update!!

The official MIUI ROM has been updated to include the fixes mentioned here.

I don't think digitalhigh will be coming back here to check this thread again, so it's probably best to get your post count up or whatever if you want to mention problems to him... if you can pull a logcat of the problem and put it on pastebin I'll post it for you.

He just pulled a Keyser Soze in this thread...I used to think it was just a myth parents told their kids..like...rat on your pop and Keyser Soze will get you.

And when it's gone,,,it's gone.

I was able to confirm the Buttons & Keys force close, but shutting down worked perfectly for me. I'll try the phone screen not sleeping thing next, but that's one I never would've noticed personally... I just put the display to sleep myself when I don't want to see it.

The official MIUI ROM has been updated to include the fixes mentioned here.

I don't think digitalhigh will be coming back here to check this thread again, so it's probably best to get your post count up or whatever if you want to mention problems to him... if you can pull a logcat of the problem and put it on pastebin I'll post it for you.

Okay I will try to get my post counts up on XDA XD

Could you report what I posted to him.

I notice you have the Evo v also, have you encountered the issues i mentioned?

Just tried the latest update, installed the virgin version, and had everything start FCing on start up. Did I mess something up or should I try out the fixes?

EDIT: After installing the sprint version, wiping, then trying the virgin version, things seem to be working. Haven't tried MMS yet. Will report.

another thing, How are most of us supposed to post on his thread on xda, when most of us cant post in the development section?

Dis is america damn it.

........ What I meant to say was choose someone to represent everyone here as a whole and post what you need to post ;p

Tharr be too many flamers over tharr!

He took the time to read this thread, create and account and post a reply, obviously having a bad day. Hmm :)

I've had an account on XDA for months now, specifically to make a post of the bugfix sorts and I was denied so XDA is for teh birdz.

Huge thanks to LakersDroid for the fixes! Solved my framework and Vvm issues. And of course the same to DigitalHigh. This rom is incredible.

@LD I haven't been able to recreate your shutdown hang problem ( I had that in Miui v4), but opening the buttons setting does FC on me.

I was also having issues with multi-touch ( for example holding an icon on the main screen and using other finger to switch screens wouldn't work, or when playing Arcane Legends the controls would screw up when touching two controls at once etc ). I remember this happening in Dirty Unicorns when I switched to the Mirage kernel, which is now default in this rom. I flashed mac kernel 2.6 and it fixed those issues.

So now everything is running stellar aside from one random reboot earlier when using Google Voice. I really really like this rom, it is a battery drainer however.

Thanks for the heads up on the Arcane Legends issue, ill test that out, I just started playing over the weekend its nice!. Dragging icons across screen is a bit of a pain going right to left. Buttons button also FCs but probably unnecessary. This is the sexiest MIUI build I've used.

Okay so I have the latest upload from today, did the fixes and installed successfully. I was nervious when powering the phone down for the first time. It didn't hang!! :D

MMS works and VVM works after I applied the fixes.
There's some changes in the MMS.apk for virgin fix because it's different in size than the one from the 3.4.26 build.

I just took the MMS.apk from the 4.26 build to be safe. It's working fine for me. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. :)

Well, I just tested out the newest build and the mms works fine now. No need for the fixes. Maybe for VVM, but since I don't use it, I don't really mind not having it working. :D

Well, I just tested out the newest build and the mms works fine now. No need for the fixes. Maybe for VVM, but since I don't use it, I don't really mind not having it working. :D

You didn't get the Android provisioning successful? and is the voicemail app installed after you select the virgin mobile option in the installer?

You didn't get the Android provisioning successful? and is the voicemail app installed after you select the virgin mobile option in the installer?

For virgin the new build didnt installed the voicemail app and mms not working even though "virgin" was selected in aroma. however,i didnt experienced FC's so i guess that got fixed.
Doing the MMS/VVM fix posted in this thread now. will post back with results ;)

With the newest update today, it's confirmed no FC when accessing Buttons&Keys, no hanging on shutdown screen. However, it's not confirmed that MMS/VVM for Virgin would work.

If it isn't working for you, follow my instructions to get it working.

How's battery life on this rom? Someone mentioned battery life wasn't good. What do others think? That MIUI v5 looks hot.

How's battery life on this rom? Someone mentioned battery life wasn't good. What do others think? That MIUI v5 looks hot.

Current. Stock Mirage kernel 1.512ghz max 348 min interactive /sio using No Frills not KT
adyhener.jpg

Back
Top Bottom