• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui update!!

I also had similar experiences. Also, Gmail locked up. All from fresh install. Was this the one that had latitude issues? That worked for me on this build.

Also, anyone try deleting the vvm file of their sd card before trying and flashing the newest build..... Just a thought.

I experieneced the hung on reboot/power down issue as well. :/
I reverted back to the ICS version for now. These jelly builds are not so stable at the moment.

Upvote 0
How ya like it? And everything works out the box?

I like it a lot! Yes, everything except 4G works! 3D works! Cam and video :D It's smooth and comes with MAC kernel 3.7.

Give it a shot, you won't miss the jellybean MIUI after you flash this. :p

NOTE: On first boot to homescreen you will see graphical glitches on the left side. That's normal. Just let it settle down for about 10 minutes and reboot. You'll be set to go after reboot!

Upvote 0
No problem. Are you running the JB version or the ICS?

Have you been able to get the VVM working for us? :p

I've been running the ICS version since Wednesday. It's pretty nice, I believe everything is working except for 4G. Tho, I haven't tested VVM yet but the app opens and work just fine.

So far so good, no errors. :)

Sorry for the late reply, just realized this hehe.

since friday i have been trying out the ICS version and is much much smother than the JB 3.4.29. i did experience a random reboot when i tried to make a first call. other than that is been good so far. i was going to try the new update JB 3.5.3 but got discouraged when read the problems its been having with boot hangs etc... (i might try it anyways hehe will see)

About vvm, no i havent been able to get it to work. if you have anymore suggestions please let me know. i will be more than happy to try them out.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply, just realized this hehe.

since friday i have been trying out the ICS version and is much much smother than the JB 3.4.29. i did experience a random reboot when i tried to make a first call. other than that is been good so far. i was going to try the new update JB 3.5.3 but got discouraged when read the problems its been having with boot hangs etc... (i might try it anyways hehe will see)

About vvm, no i havent been able to get it to work. if you have anymore suggestions please let me know. i will be more than happy to try them out.

Idk at this point i think it's best to talk to the expert. if you could post on XDA to grab the digitalhigh attention about vvm not working. maybe he knows how to fix it:)

as for 3.5.3, there is also a problem with battery draining extremely fast. I flashed it and after a full charge, took my phone to work. i didn't use the phone at all for like 3 hours but when i took it out of my pocket, it says i have like 5% remaining... and yeah the hanging on reboot/shudown problem is very consistent. i would advice you to wait until digitalhigh have a look and get a fixed build up

I have no problem with the ICS build other than after updating the play store automatically, it doesn't display all the apps images.... that and the fact that is doensn't have 4g.

Upvote 0
Idk at this point i think it's best to talk to the expert. if you could post on XDA to grab the digitalhigh attention about vvm not working. maybe he knows how to fix it:)

as for 3.5.3, there is also a problem with battery draining extremely fast. I flashed it and after a full charge, took my phone to work. i didn't use the phone at all for like 3 hours but when i took it out of my pocket, it says i have like 5% remaining... and yeah the hanging on reboot/shudown problem is very consistent. i would advice you to wait until digitalhigh have a look and get a fixed build up

I have no problem with the ICS build other than after updating the play store automatically, it doesn't display all the apps images.... that and the fact that is doensn't have 4g.

I tried 3.5.3 as well and had the reboot hang everybody is talking about hehe so i just did a battery pulled and restored the ICS build. so yes i will be waiting for the update hehe
as reading over in XDA, DigitalHigh is busy working on the 3.5.3 bugs so i guess at some point he will address the vvm issues as well as the other known ones.

Upvote 0
I use the default MAC kernel. I have tried the butteredtoast from the V5 latest build and it's running well with that too but the default MAC is the smoothest and allow overclocking to 1.9MHz.:p

On, cool. I put the mac back. I had my phone acting really slow this morning and changed it out. I am going to put it back now and try again. I will probably try the lower mhz this time though. Thank you.

Upvote 0
On, cool. I put the mac back. I had my phone acting really slow this morning and changed it out. I am going to put it back now and try again. I will probably try the lower mhz this time though. Thank you.

keep your governors as "ondemand" i've tried others and they're not responsive especially that smartass governor which i believe is the default on on Miui V5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones